|Title||Professor and Director|
Dr. Xiaofei Sun is professor of pediatric oncology and director of department of pediatric oncology, Sun Yat-Sen University Cancer Centre. Dr. Sun obtained her Bachelor in Medicine (equivalent to MD in the US) at Sun Yat-Sen University of Medical Sciences, P. R. China in 1982 and worked as a pediatrist at the affiliated third hospital of Sun Yat-Sen University during 1982-1986. She continued with her post-graduate training and obtained her Master of pediatric hematology at Sun Yat-Sen University of Medical Sciences in 1989. She subsequently worked as an attending doctor, lecturer, associated professor and professor focused on chemotherapy of pediatric oncology at Department of Medical Oncology, Sun Yat-Sen University Cancer Center during 1989-2010. She was appointed as professor and director of Department of Pediatric Oncology, Sun Yat-Sen University Cancer Center from 2010 to now.
In 1995-1996. she studied as a visiting fellow at Department of Pediatrics, Aichi Medical University in Japan. She also studied as a short term visiting scholar in Hematology/Oncology Unit, Department of Pediatrics, University of Hong Kong and Department of Pediatric Oncology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, USA, in 2000, and 2012, respectively.
She was invited as short term visiting professor in Hong Kong University in 2013. Dr. Sun has published more than 60 research papers. Dr Sun is chairman of Pediatric Oncology Committee in Anticancer Association of Guangdong Province in China, and a member of the standing committee of Pediatric Oncology in Chinese Anticancer Association. She also is a member of the International Society of Pediatric Oncology (SIOP).
Dr Sun’s research is focused on developing molecular, prognostic and therapeutic approaches to improve the care for pediatric oncology such as lymphoma, leukemia, brain tumor, neuroblastoma, rhabdomyosarcoma, wilms tumor, Ewing’s sarcoma/PNET, Langerhans cell histiocytosis and so on, specifically in lymphoma diagnosis and treatment.
She leads her team to adopt international standard treatment strategy and protocols for pediatric and adolescent patients with cancer. She is also interested in clinical trial on pediatric oncology.
In 1982, Dr Sun obtained her Bachelor in Medicine at Sun Yat-Sen University of Medical Sciences, China
In 1989, Dr Sun obtained her Master of pediatric hematology at Sun Yat-Sen University of Medical Sciences, China
1995-1996, Dr Sun studied as a visiting fellow at Department of Pediatrics, Aichi Medical University in Japan.
In 2000, Dr Sun studied as a short term visiting scholar in Hematology/Oncology Unit, Department of Pediatrics, University of Hong Kong.
In 2012, Dr Sun studied as a short term visiting scholar in Department of Pediatric Oncology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, USA,
In 2013, Dr Sun was invited as short term visiting professor in Hong Kong University.
1. Xiao-Fei Sun, Fei Zhang,Zi-Jun Zhen, Qun-Ying Yang, Yun-Fei Xia, Shao-Xiong Wu, Jia Zhu, Su-Ying Lu,Juan Wang, Fei-Fei Sun, Rui-Qing Cai, Yan Chen, Peng-Fei Li. The clinical characteristics and treatmentoutcome of 57 children and adolescents with primary central nervous system germcell tumors. ChineseJournal of Cancer 2014, 33(8): 395-401.
2. Xiaofei Sun, Zijun Zhen,Suxia Lin, Jia Zhu, Juan Wang, Suying Lu, YanChen, Fei Zhang, Feifei Sun, and PengfeiLi .Treatment Outcome of CHINESE Children with AnaplasticLarge Cell Lymphoma by Using a Modified B-NHL-BFM-90 Protocol. Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Posted online on August 12, 2014.(doi:10.3109/08880018.2014.939793) .
3. Juan WAGN , Xiao-Fei SUN(*), , Zi-Jun ZHEN，Jia ZHU, Su-Ying LU, Fei-FeiSUN, Yan CHEN, Fei ZHANG, Rui-Qing CAI, Mei Li.TheExpression and Clinical significance of ALK in neuroblastoma. ChineseJournal of Pediatric Surgery. 2014,
4. Zhang F, Sun XF(*), Li YQ, Zhen ZJ, Zheng HX, Zhu J, Wang QJ, Lu SY, He J, Wang J, Pan K, Cai RQ, Chen Y, Weng DS, Sun FF. Safety of in vitro amplified HLA-haploidenticaldonor immune cell infusions for childhood malignancies. Chin J Cancer. 2013; 32(12):661-666.
5. LU Su-ying, ZHEN Zi-jun, SUN Xiao-fei(*), ZHU Jia, WANG Juan, CAI Rui-qing,CHEN Yan, ZHANG Fei. Effects ofalternating cyclophosphamide/ pirarubicin / vincristine with Ifosfamide/Etoposide on children with intermediate-risk rhabdomyosarcoma. Chinese Journalof Pediatric Surgery. 2013, 34(9): 641-645.
6. SUN Xiao-fei, ZHEN Zi-jun, XIA Yi, LIN Su-xia, ZHU Jia, WANG Juan, LU Su- ying, SUN Fei-fei,CHEN Yan, ZHANG Fei, CAI Rui-qing, LI Peng-fei. Outcome of children and adolescents with Burkitt lymphoma and diffuse large Bcell lymphoma treated with a modified NHL-BFM-90 protocol. CHINESE JOURNAL OF HEMATOLOGY, 2013, 34(12): 1032-1037.
7. Yan Chen, Xiao-Fei Sun(*), Zi-Jun Zhen, Juan Wang,Jia Zhu, Su-Ying Lu, Fei Zhang. Analysis of germinal-center type B-cellclassification and clinical characteristics of Chinese pediatric diffuse largeB-cell lymphoma: a report of 76 cases. Chin J Cancer. 2013, 32(10):561-566.
9. Lin Lin, Xiaofei Sun(*), Juan Wang, Zijun Zhen, Suxia Lin(*), Gangling Tong, Yan Chen. Notch 1and NF-κB Expression and Clinical Correlation in Chinese Patients with LymphoblasticLymphoma. Journal of Cancer Therapy,2013, 4,441-2.
10. Wang Juan, Zhen Zi-Jun, LiuJun-Cheng, Liu Zhuo-Wei, Zhu Jia, Cai Yue, Ling Jia-yu, Chen Yan, Cai Rui-qing, Sun Xiao-fei(*). Gao Yuan-Hong. The value of primary site radiotherapyin stage IV high-risk neuroblastoma. ChineseJournal of Radiation Oncology. 2012, 21(1):13-15.
11. Tong Gang-ling, SUN Xiao-fei(*), Zhen Zi-jun, Lin Lin. Expressions of HIF-1α and VEGF inrhabdomyosarcoma and their clinical significance. Tumor. 2012, 32 (08):634-638
12. Fang Jian-Pei，Luo Xue-Qun，Tu Li-Ming，Lai Dong-Bo，Wu Xue-Dong，Sun Xiao-Fei，(Co-first author), Chen Jian-Liang，Li Chi-Kong. Amultiple-center clinical study on the therapy for childhood acute lymphoblasticleukemia by using GZ-2002 ALL protocol. J China Pediatr Blood Cancer, 2011, l16 (2):60-65.
13. Tong Gang-ling, Sun Xiao-fei(*), Zhen Zi-jun,Lin Lin. Expression of p-mTOR/p-4EBP1 in Rhabdomyosarcoma and its ClinicalSignificance. Chinese Journal of Clinical Oncology,2011,38(8) :447-451
14. Cai Yue, Sun Xiao-Fei(*), Yan Su-Li, Zhen Zi-Jun, Xia Yi, Ling Jia-Yu.Significance of myeloidantigen expression in precursor T lymphoblastic lymphoma. Chinese Journal ofCancer 2010, 29 (3):312-316.
15. Zhen Zi-jun, Sun Xiao-Fei(*) Xia Yi, Ling Jia-yu, Cai Yue, Wang Juan, Guan Zhong-zhen. Clinical Analysis of ThymicRegrowth Following Chemotherapy in Children and Adolescents with MalignantLymphoma. J pn J Clin Oncol. 2010, 40(12):1128-1134.
16. SunXiao-Fei, Zhen Zi-Jun, Xiang Xiao-Juan, Ling Jia-Yu, Peng Rou-Jun, Xia Yi, ZhengLei, Luo Wen-Biao, Lin Hui, Guan Zhong-Zhen. Efficacy of modified B-NHL-BFM-90protocol on Anaplastic T-cell lymphoma in children and adolescents. ChineseJournal of Cancer. 2009，28（5）506-5104.
17. Peng Rou-Jun, Sun Xiao-Fei(*), Xiang Xiao-Juan, Zhen Zi-Jun, Ling Jia-Yu, Tong Gang-Ling, Xia Yi, Xu Guang-Chuan, Jiang Wen-Qi. Efficacy and survival of92 cases of Ewing’s sarcoma family of tumor initially treated with multidisciplinarytherapy. Chinese Journal of Cancer. 2009，28（12）1304-1309
18. Lin Hui, Sun Xiao-Fei(*),, Zhen Zi-Jun,Xia Yi, Ling Jia-Yu, Huang Hui-Qiang, Xia Zhong-Jun, Lin Tong-Yu. Correlationbetween peripheral blood CD4+CD25high CD127low regulatory T cell and clinicalcharacteristics of patients with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Chinese Journal ofCancer. 2009，28（11）：1186-1192
19. Lin Lin, Sun Xiaofei(*), Tan Xiaopeng, Zhen Zijun, XiaYi, Ling Jiayu, Tong Gangling. The Value of Serum Procalcitonin in theDifferentiation of the Cause of Fever in Patients with Malignant Diseases. The Practical Journalof Cancer. 2009,(1): 48~51.
20. Zhen Zi-Jun, Xia Yi, Ling Jia-Yu, Tong Gang-Ling, Lin Lin, Cai Yue, Sun Xiao-Fei(*. Prophylaxis andtreatment of modified BFM-90 regimen for lymphoblastic lymphoma in children andadolescents accompanied with infection. Chinese Journal of Cancer. 2009，28(7):718-724.
21. Sun Xiao-Fei, Xia Zhong-Jun, Zhen Zi-Jun,Xiang Xiao-Juan, Xia Yi, Ling Jia-Yu, Liu Dong-Geng, Huang Hui-Qiang, Zhen Lei,Luo Wen-Biao, Lin Hui, Guan Zhong-Zhen. Intensive chemotherapy improvedtreatment outcome for Chinese children and adolescents with lymphoblasticlymphoma. Int J Clin Oncol , 2008, 13:436–441
22. Yang QY, Sun XF(*), Huang HQ, Zhen ZJ, Xia Y, Cai QQ, Ling JY. Treatment Outcome ofPrimary Central Nervous System Germ Cell Tumors after Combined Therapy: aReport of 23 Cases. Chinese Journal of Cancer. 2008，2（4）：438-441
23. Lin H, Sun XF(*), Zhen ZJ, Xia Y, Xiang XJ, Ling JY, Liu DG, Xia ZJ,Huang HQ, Luo WB, Zheng L, Lin TY, Guan ZZ. Clinical Analysis of 69 Cases ofBurkitt’s Lymphoma. Chinese Journal of Cancer. 2008，27（4）：425-428
24. Wang Zhi-hui, Sun Xiao-fei(*), Zhen Zi-jun, Xia Yi, Ling Jia-yu, ZhengLei, LUO Wen-biao. Effect of Avastin on neuroblastoma SK-N-SH cellproliferation. Chinese Journal of Pediatric Surgery. 2008，29（2）：110-113.
25. Ling JY, Sun XF(*), Zhang X, Zhen ZJ, Xia Y, Luo WB, Lin H, Zheng L. DynamicChanges of Serum Proteomic Spectra in Patients with Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma(NHL) before and after Chemotherapy and Screening of Candidate Biomarkers for NHL. Chinese Journal of Cancer. 2008, 27(10): 1065-1069.
26. Luo Wen-Biao, Sun XF(*), Zhang Chang-Qing, Xia Yi, Zhen Zi-Jun, Wang Zhi-Hui, Ling Jia-Yu, Zhen Lei, Lin Hui. Relationship between serumVEGF level and clinical feature in children and adolescent with lymphoidmalignancy. Journal of Leukemia & Lymphoma.2008，17（4）：261-263
27. Zheng Lei, Sun Xiao-fei(*, Zhen Zi-Jun, Xia Yi, Ling Jia-yu, LUO Wen-biao,Lin Hui.
Relationship between serum NSE level and clinicalfeature in neuroblastoma.- 50 case report. New Medicine, 2008, 39(10): 644-646
30. SunXF, Zhen ZJ, Liu DG, Xia Y,Xiang XJ, Chen XQ, Ling JY, Zheng L, Luo WB, Lin H, He YJ, Guan ZZ .Efficacy ofModified B-NHL-BFM-90 Protocol on Treatment of Burkitt’s Lymphoma in ChineseChildren and Adolescents. Chinese Journal of Cancer, 2007, 26 (12): 1339 -1343
31. SUN Xiao-fei, ZHEN Zi-jun, LIU Dong-gen, XIA Zhong-jun, HUANG Hui-qiang, ZHANGLi, ZHOU Zhong-mei, LI Yu-hong, XIA Yi, LING Jia-yu, GUAN Zhong-zhen. Improvedoutcome of Chinese Children and Adolescents with Lymphoblastic Lymphoma treatedby modified BFM-90 regimen. Chinese Journal of Oncology. 2007, 29（1）：58-61
32. Sun XF, ZhenZJ, LuiDG, XiaY, HeYJ, WangZH, LinJY, GuanZZ. Improvedtreatment outcome in Chinese children and adolescents with Burkitt’s lymphomaand large cell lymphoma by using the modified B-non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma–Berlin– Frankfurt-Mu¨nster-90protocol. Eur J Haematol 2006: 77: 365–371
33. Sun Xiao-Fei, Yang Qun-Ying, Zhen Zi-Jun, XiaYi, Wang Zhi-Hui, Ling Jia-Yu. Analysis of Treatment Outcome in 44 Cases ofChildren and Adolescence Extracranial Germ Cell Tumor. Chinese Journal ofCancer, 2006，25（12）：1529-1532.
34. Sun Xiao-Fei, ZhenZi-Jun, XiaYi, YangQun-Ying, WangZi-Hui, LingJia-Yu.Analyse of clinical and therapeutic outcomes in B cell lymphoblastic lymphoma.Chinese Journal of Hematology. 2006, 27(10). 649-652
35. Wang Zhi-Hui, Sun Xiao-Fei(*), Zhen Zi-Jun, Liu Dong-Geng,Lin Tong-Yu, Xia Yi, Lin Jia-Yu. Effect of Preoperative Chemotherapy on ResectionRate of 54 Advanced Neuroblastoma Patients. Chinese Journal of Clinic Oncology.2006，33（10）：580-582
37. Zhen Zi-Jun, Sun Xiao-Fei(*), Xia Yi, Wang Zhi-Hui, Ling Jia-Yu.Efficacy Chemotherapy Regimen Using Ifosphamide and Carboplatin on Recurrent orRefractory Neuroblastoma. Chinese Journal of Cancer, 2006, 25（12）：1550-1552
38. Wang Zhi-Hui, Sun Xiao-Fei(*),, Zhen Zi-Jun XIA Yi, Ling Jia-Yu. ClinicalSignificance of Serum Level of VEGF in Patients with Advanced Neuroblastoma.Chinese Cancer .2006, 15(5):322-324.
39. Sun Xiao-Fei, Ling Jia-Yu. Diagnosis andTreatment of Primary Central Nervous System Germ Cell Tumors. Chinese Journalof Neuro-oncology . 2006, 4: 272-275.
40. Sun Xiao-Fei, Liu Dong-Geng, Zhen Zi-Jun, ChenXiao-Qin, Xia Yi, Wang Zhi-Hui, He You-Jian, Guan Zhong-Zhen. Short-Term andIntensive Chemotherapy is Efficacious Treatment for Children and Adolescencewith B Cell Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. Chinese Journal of Hemotology. 2005,26(10):581-584
41. Sun XF, SuYS, LiuDG, JiangWQ, HeYJ, LinTY, HuangHQ, ZhangL, XiaZJ, LiYH, ZhouZM, ChenXQ, XiaY, ZhenZJ, GuanZZ.Comparing CHOP, CHOP+HD-MTX with BFM-90 Regimen in the Survival Rate forChildhood and Adolescence with B Cell Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. ChineseJournal of Cancer 2004; 23(8): 933-938.
42. Xia Yi, Sun Xiao-Fei(*), Zhang Chang-Qing, Zhen Zi-Jun, Wang ZH, Wang Zhi-Qing. Primary Study ofRelationship between Serum Level of VEGF and Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in Childrenand Adolescent patients. Chinese Journal of Cancer. 2004,23(11s):88-90
43. Sun XF, Jiang WQ, Liu DG, Xia ZJ, Huang HQ, Zhang L, Li YH, Zhou ZM, Zhen ZJ, Xia Y, He YJ, Guan ZZ. Efficacy of Modified BFM-90 Regimen On Children and Adolescents with Tcell Lymphoblastic Lymphoma: A report of 20 Case. Chinese Journal of Cancer. 2004; 23(12):102-106
44. Sun Xiaofei, Guan Zhong-Zhen, JiangWen-Qi, He You-Jian, Huang Hui-Qiang, Zhou Zhong-Mei, Xu Rui-Hua, XiaZhong-JUN, Li Yu-Hong, Chen Xiao-Qin, Li Zhi-Ming. Treatment of small non-cleaved-cell lymphoma and diffuselarge B cell lymphoma by using modified CODOX-M/IVAC regimen. Chinese Journal of Cancer 2003;22(4): 428-429.
45. Sun XF, He LR, Feng HL, Yan SL, Xia ZJ, Chen XQ.TheValue of Multiparameter Flow Cytometry in Diagnosis of Lymphocytic Leukemia andBone Marrow Involvement of Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. Chinese Journal of Cancer 2003; 22(11): 1232-1236.
46. SunXF, Liu DG, Su YS, Lin TY, Chen XQ, He YJ. Evaluation of Efficacy of Treatment for30 cases of Children with Neuroblastoma. Chinese Journal of Cancer 2003; 22(12): 1343-1345
47. Sun Xiaofei. Treatment of primary intracranal germ celltumor. Chinese Journal ofNeuro-oncology. 2003,1(4) 257-259
48. Sun Xiaofei, Guan Zhong-Zhen, Liu Dong-Geneg, HeYou-Jian, Jiang Wen-Qi, Zhang Li, Xu Guang-Chuan, Huang Hui-Qiang, Su Yi-Shun,Lin Tong-Yu, Zhou Zhong-Mei, Teng Xiao-Yu, Xu Rui-Hua, Li Yu-Hong. Long TermEffect of Children and Adolescence with Hodgkin’s Disease Treated withMOPP/ABVD. Chinese Cancer 2002; 11(4):240-242
49. SunXF, Guan ZZ, Huang H, ZhouQH, Yi C, Zhang LJ, Zhu J, Li R, Zhou J, Zhang M, Guo Y. Clinical Study ofrhIL-11 for Prevention and Treatment of Chemotherapy-Induced Thrombocytopenia. Chinese Journal of Cancer 2002; 21(8):892~895
50. Sun Xiaofei, Guan Zhongzhen, ZHOU Zhongmei, ZHANG LI, LI Yuhong,XIA Zhongjun, HUANG He, HUANG Huiqiang, HE Youjian, CHEN Likun, CHEN Ruqin,TIAN Weihua. Comparing CVDLP with CHOP in induction treatment for patients withadvanced lymphoblastic lymphoma. ChineseJournal of Cancer 2001; 20(4): 403~405
51. Sun Xiaofei, Guan Zhongzhen. Treatment of high gradeNon-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Chinese Journalof Cancer 2001; 20(8): 891~893
52. Sun Xiaofei, He Li-Rong,Ma Hai-Lin, Liao Hai. DetectingDNA content, cell cycle and Ki 67 expression in solid tumor by using FCM doublelabeling methods. Chinese Journal ofCancer, 2000;19(7):729-730
53. Sun Xiaofei, He Li-Rong. Clinical application of Ki67/DNA bivariateflow cytometry on solid tumor. Journalof Practical Oncology. 2000; (6): 385~387
54. Sun Xiao-fei, Li Yu-hong. Aggressive pediatric small intestine T cell lymphoma-case report. Chinese Journal of Cancer, 2000;19(12):1163.
55. Sun Xiao-fei, Guan Zhong-zhen , Li Su , Liao Hai, ZhouZhong-mei, He You-Jian, Zhang Li, Xia Zhong-Jun, Huang Hui-Qiang, Li Yu-Hong. High dose MTX (3~4g/m2/24h)Combined with other anticancer drugs for treatment of lymphocytic malignantdiseases: clinical study and pharmacokinetics. Chinese Journal of Cancer1999;18(6) :708~710
57. XiaofeiSun. Treatment ofchildhood Non- Hodgkin’s lymphoma in Japan. Chinese Journal of Cancer 1997；16（6）：473-475.
59. XiaofeiSun, et al: Diagnosis of B cell lymphoma by Using PCRtechnique. Academic Journal of SUMS. 1994；15（4）：235-255.
60. SunXiaofei, et al:Relationship between the effect of the sera of patients with acute leukemia onthe transformation of normal lymphocyte and the serum ferritin level . ChineseJournal of Cancer 1991;10(2):100.
Written and edited 10 professional works.
"Clinical research on improving the survival rate of children and adolescents with non Hodgkin's lymphoma" won the third prize of scientific progress in Guangdong Province in 2008.