|Title||Leading Physician, Research Professor, and Doctoral Supervisor|
Pathogenesis of Myeloid Malignancies; Immune Model and Immune Treatment for Hematological Cancer.
2011-2016: Yale University School of Medicine (Post-doctoral Training)
2004-2007: Shanghai Jiao-Tong University School of Medicine (PhD)
1993-1998: Tianjin Medical University (MBBS)
1. Huan Li, Chongxiang Chen, Fang Hu, Jiaojiao Wang, Qingyu Zhao, Robert Peter Gale, Yang Liang. Impact of corticosteroid therapy on outcomes of persons with SARS-CoV2, SARS-CoV or MERS-CoV infection: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Leukemia (2020 in Press)
2. Yang Liang, Toma Tebaldi, Kai Rejeski, Poorval Joshi, Giovanni Stefani, Ashley Taylor, Yuanbin Song, Radovan Vasic, Jamie Maziarz, Kunthavai Balasubramanian, Anastasia Ardasheva, Alicia Ding, Alessandro Quattrone, Stephanie Halene. SRSF2 mutations drive oncogenesis by activating a global program of aberrant alternative splicing in hematopoietic cells. Leukemia 2018 Dec;32(12):2659-2671. doi: 10.1038/s41375-018-0152-7. Epub 2018 Jun 1.
3. Eunhee Kim, Janine O. Ilagan, Yang Liang, Gerrit M. Daubner, Stanley Lee, Aravind Ramakrishnan, Yue Li, Young Rock Chung, Jean-Baptiste Micol, Michele Murphy, Hana Cho, Min-Kyung Kim, Ahmad S. Zebari, Silvia Buonamic, Peter Smith, H. Joachim Deeg, Camille Lobry, Iannis Aifantis, Yorgo Modis, Frederic H.-T. Allain, Stephanie Halene, Robert K. Bradley, Omar Abdel-Wahab. SRSF2 mutations impair hematopoiesis and alter exon recognition. Cancer Cell 2015 May 11; 27(5):617-30. doi: 10.1016/j.ccell.2015.04.006.
4. Yang Liang, Lin-Hai Yang, Hui Jiang, Xiao-Jun Yuan, Li-Rong Sun, Jing-Yan Tang, Ning-Ling Wang. Treatment outcome of young age children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia: achievements and directions implied from Shanghai Children’s Medical Center based SCMC-ALL-2005 protocol. Br J Haematol 2015 Apr; 169(2):267-77. doi: 10.1111/bjh.13288.
5. Tao Zhen, Chuan-Feng Wu, Ping Liu, Hai-Yan Wu, Guang-Biao Zhou, Ying Lu, Jian-Xiang Liu, Yang Liang, Keqin Kathy Li, Yue-Ying Wang, Yin-Yin Xie, Miao-Miao He, Huang-Ming Cao, Wei-Na Zhang, Li-Min Chen, Kevin Petrie, Sai-Juan Chen, Zhu Chen. Targeting of AML1-ETO in t(8;21) Leukemia by Oridonin Generates a Tumor Suppressor–Like Protein. Sci Transl Med 2012 Mar 28;4(127):127ra38. doi: 10.1126/scitranslmed.3003562.
6. Yue-Ying Wang, Li-Juan Zhao, Chuan-Feng Wu, Ping Liu, Lin Shi, Yang Liang, Shu-Min Xiong, Jian-Qing Mia, Zhu Chen, Ruibao Ren, Sai-Juan Chen, C-KIT mutation cooperates with full length AML1-ETO to induce acute myeloid leukemia in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2011 Feb 8; 108(6):2450-5. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1019625108.
7. Jiao, Chuan-Feng Wu, Yang Liang, Hai-Min Chen, Shu-Min Xiong, Bing Chen, Jing-Yi Shi, Yue-Ying Wang, Jing-Han Wang, Yu Chen, Jun-Min Li, Long-Jun Gu, Jing-Yan Tang, Zhi-Xiang Shen, Bai-Wei Gu, Wei-Li Zhao, Zhu Chen and Sai-Juan Chen. AML1-ETO9a is correlated with C-KIT overexpression/mutations and indicates poor disease outcome in t(8;21) acute myeloid leukemia-M2. Leukemia 2009 Sep;23(9):1598-604. doi: 10.1038/leu.2009.104.
8. Lan Wang, Guang-Biao Zhou, Ping Liu, Jun-Hong Song, Yang Liang, Xiao-Jing Yan, Fang Xu, Bing-Shun Wang, Jian-Hua Mao, Zhi-Xiang Shen, Sai-Juan Chen, and Zhu Chen. Dissection of mechanisms of Chinese medicinal formula Realgar-Indigo naturalis as an effective treatment for promyelocytic leukemia. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 2008 Mar 25; 105(12):4826-31. doi: 10.1073/pnas.0712365105.
Updated May 2020
|Title||Professor, chief physician, doctoral advisor and Chief for Department of Hematology|
Prof. Lv specializes in clinical medical treatment for oncology (chemotherapy and targeted therapy) and researches on new anticancer methods and drugs, especially treatment of and research on tumors and sarcoma difficult to diagnosis such as hematological tumor (leukemia, lymphoma, myeloma and MDS).
2009-present: Chief for Department of Hematological Tumor, professor and chief physician at Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center
Clinical diagnosis and treatment of new hematological tumor
Treatment and prevention of cancer metastasis
Cancer molecular diagnosis, gene targeted therapy and immunobiologic therapy
1982: Graduated from School of Medicine of China Medical University
1991-1996: Graduated from the 4th Department of Medicine, Affiliated Hospital of Sapporo Medical University, and was conferred upon the degree of Doctor of Medicine in Japan
|Title||Associate chief physician and advisor of master's degree student|
Xia Zhongjun has more than 30 years of experience in clinical diagnosis and treatment. He once went to famous oncology centers in the United States and Europe to study and visit. He has participated in the European Hematology Association annual congress and the American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting several times. He actively synchronizes internationally advanced diagnosis and treatment strategies for multiple myeloma and other tumors. In Guangdong, as one of the leading units, he established the multiple myeloma group, and led the treatment team to actively standardize the diagnosis and treatment of hematologic tumors. The study group promotes and improves the diagnosis and treatment of hematologic tumors, and significantly improves the survival rate of hematologic tumors in this treatment group.
(1) Diagnosis and treatment of malignant lymphoma.
(2) Diagnosis and treatment of multiple myeloma.
(3) Diagnosis and treatment of leukemia.
(4) Standardized diagnosis and treatment of cancer pain
Bachelor of Medicine, Inner Mongolia Medical College (1986)
Master of Medicine, The Third Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat-Sen University (1992)
1. Liang Wang, Zhi-hui Wang, Xiao-qin Chen, Ya-jun Li, Ke-feng Wang, Yun-fei Xia, Zhong-jun Xia. First-Line Combination of Gemcitabine, Oxaliplatin, and L-Asparaginase (GELOX) Followed by Involved-Field Radiation Therapy for Patients With Stage IE/IIE Extranodal Natural Killer/T-Cell Lymphoma. Cancer. 2013 Jan 15;119(2):348-55.
2. Gui-Nan Lin, Pan-Pan Liu, Dong-Ying Liu, Jie-Wen Peng, Jian-Jun Xiao, Zhong-Jun Xia. Prognostic Significance of the Pre-Chemotherapy Lymphocyte-To-Monocyte Ratio in Patients With Previously Untreated Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Receiving FOLFOX Chemotherapy. Chin J Cancer. 2016 Jan 6;35:5.
3. Kefeng Wang, Xiaoqin Chen, Zhijun Wuxiao, Zhihui Wang, Xiaofei Sun, Zijun Zeng, Su Li, Zhong-Jun Xia. Long-term Outcomes of Modified Berlin-Frankfurt-Münster-90 Regimen in Adults With T-lymphoblastic Lymphoma: A Single-Center Experience. Leuk Lymphoma. 2014 Aug;55(8):1800-5.
4. Hua Wang, Zhi-Jun Wuxiao, Jiayu Zhu, Zhihui Wang, Ke-Feng Wang, Su Li, Xiaoqin Chen, Yue Lu, Zhong-Jun Xia. Comparison of Gemcitabine, Oxaliplatin and L-asparaginase and Etoposide, Vincristine, Doxorubicin, Cyclophosphamide and Prednisone as First-Line Chemotherapy in Patients With Stage IE to IIE Extranodal Natural killer/T-cell Lymphoma: A Multicenter Retrospective Study. Leuk Lymphoma. 2015 Apr;56(4):971-7.
5. Liang Wang, Zhi-jun Wu-Xiao, Xiao-qin Chen, Yu-jing Zhang, Yue Lu, Zhong-jun Xia. Hepatitis B Virus Infection Correlates With Poor Prognosis of Extranodal Natural killer/T Cell Lymphoma. Leuk Lymphoma. 2015 Apr;56(4):936-41.
6. Xiao-Qin Chen, Jie-Wen Peng, Gui-Nan Lin, Mei Li, Zhong-Jun Xia. The Effect of Prophylactic Lamivudine on Hepatitis B Virus Reactivation in HBsAg-positive Patients With Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma Undergoing Prolonged Rituximab Therapy. Med Oncol. 2012 Jun;29(2):1237-41.
7. Hua Wang, Liang Wang, ZhiJun Wuxiao, HuiQiang Huang, WenQi Jiang, ZhiMing Li, Yue Lu, ZhongJun Xia. Increased Serum Levels of interleukin-10 Predict Poor Prognosis in Extranodal Natural killer/T-cell Lymphoma Patients Receiving Asparaginase-Based Chemotherapy. Onco Targets Ther. 2015 Sep 14;8:2589-99.
8. Hua Wang, Liang Wang, Yue Lu, Xiaoqin Chen, Qirong Geng, Weida Wang, Zhongjun Xia. Long-term Outcomes of Different Bortezomib-Based Regimens in Chinese Myeloma Patients. Onco Targets Ther. 2016 Jan 28;9:587-95.
9. Liang Wang, Zhi-Hui Wang, Xiao-Qin Chen, Ke-Feng Wang, Hui-Qiang Huang, Zhong-Jun Xia. First-line Combination of GELOX Followed by Radiation Therapy for Patients With Stage IE/IIE ENKTL: An Updated Analysis With Long-Term Follow-Up. Oncol Lett. 2015 Aug;10(2):1036-1040.
Updated May 2020
|Title||Deputy chief physician|
I have been engaged in the research of molecular stratification diagnosis and accurate treatment of hematological tumors for a long time. I have made innovative achievements in the recurrence of hematological tumors, the treatment of drug resistance and its mechanism, and the optimization of clinical treatment. The 5-year survival rate of the treated patients can reach the international leading level. A series of explorations have been carried out in the field of individualized treatment and prognosis of hematological tumors. The results are cited by the American NCCN guidelines and are widely used all over the world. Presided over the research of National Nature Fund, Guangdong Nature Fund, Guangdong Science and Technology Program, Guangdong Department of Health, etc., selected into the Young teacher training Program of Sun Yat-sen University, participated in writing 4 academic monographs, and published more than 30 related academic papers in international mainstream authoritative magazines such as BJC, JHO, Oncotarget, BMC Cancer, etc.
Acute leukemia, multiple myeloma, extranodal NK/T cell lymphoma
Graduated from the first affiliated Hospital of Guangzhou Medical College with a master’s degree in 2009, and in 2012, graduated from Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center with doctorate.
1. Hua Wang, Liang Wang, Pei-dong Chi,et al.High level of interleukin-10 in serum predicts poor prognosis in multiple myeloma. British Journal of Cancer (2016) 114, 463–468;
2. Wang H(#), Hu WM(#), Xia ZJ, Liang Y, Lu Y, Lin SX(*), Tang H(*), High numbers of CD163+ tumor-associated macrophages correlate with poor prognosis in multiple myeloma patients receiving bortezomib-based regimens. Journal of Cancer. 2019; 10(14): 32
3. Hua Wang, Liang Wang, Yue Lu,et al.Long-term outcomes of different bortezomib-based regimens in Chinese myeloma patients. OncoTargets and Therapy 2016:9 587–595 39-3245;
4. Xi-wen Bi(#), Hua Wang(#), Wen-wen Zhang(#), Jing-hua Wang, Wen-jian Liu, Zhong-jun Xia, Hui-qiang Huang, Wen-qi Jiang, Yu-jing Zhang, Liang Wang(*).PD-L1 is upregulated by EBV-driven LMP1 through NF-κB pathway and correlates with poor prognosis in natural killer/T-cell lymphoma. Journal of Hematology & Oncology (2016) 9:109 );
5. Pengfei Li(#), Li Jiang(#), Xinke Zhang, Jun Liu, Hua Wang(*).CD30 expression is a novel prognostic indicator in extranodal natural killer/T-cell lymphoma, nasal type. BMC Cancer 2014, 14:890.
6. Hua Wang, Pengfei Li, Liang Wang,et al.High numbers of CD68+ tumor-associated macrophages correlate with poor prognosis in extranodal NK/T-cell lymphoma, nasal type. Ann Hematol.2015 Sep;94(9):1535-44.
7. Hua Wang, Zhi-Jun Wuxiao, Jiayu Zhu,et al.Comparison of gemcitabine, oxaliplatin and L-asparaginase and etoposide, vincristine, doxorubicin, cyclophosphamide and prednisone as first-line chemotherapy in patients with stage IE to IIE extranodal natural killer/T-cell lymphoma: a multicenter retrospective study. Leukemia & Lymphoma 2015; 56(4): 971–977 .
8. Hua Wang, Jia-yu Zhu, Cheng-cheng Liu,et al. Increased serum levels of interleukin-15 correlate with negative prognostic factors in extranodal NK/T cell lymphoma. Med Oncol (2015)32:370.
9. Hua Wang, Liang Wang, Zhijun Wuxiao,et al.Increased serum levels of interleukin-10 predict poor prognosis in extranodal natural killer/T-cell lymphoma patients receiving asparaginase-based chemotherapy. Onco Targets Ther. 2015 Sep 14;8:2589-99.
10. Hua Wang, Pengfei Li, XinKe Zhang,et al.Histological vascular invasion is a novel prognostic indicator in extranodal natural killer/T-cell lymphoma, nasal type. Oncology Letters 2016;12: 825-836.
11. Liang Wang(#)(*), Hua Wang(#), Peng-fei Li, Yue Lu, Zhong-jun Xia, Hui-qiang Huang , Yu-jing Zhang.CD38 expression predicts poor prognosis and might be a potential therapy target in extranodal NK/T cell lymphoma, nasal type. Ann Hematol 2015 Aug;94(8):1381-8.
12. Li C, Wuxiao ZJ, Chen X, Hua Wang*(通讯作者) et al. A Modified NHL-BFM-95 Regimen Produces Better Outcome Than HyperCVAD in Adult Patients with T-Lymphoblastic Lymphoma, a Two-Institution Experience. Cancer Res Treat. 2020;52(2):573–585. doi:10.4143/crt.2019.542
13. Liu WJ(#) ,Wang H(#), Peng XW, Wang WD, Liu NW, Wang Y, Lu Y(*).Asparagine synthetase expression is associated with the sensitivity to asparaginase in extranodal natural killer/T-cell lymphoma in vivo and in vitro. Onco Targets Ther.2018 Oct 8;11:6605-6615
14. Hua Wang, Qi-Rong Geng, Liang Wang , Yue Lu. Curcumin potentiates antitumor activity of L -asparaginase via inhibition of the AKT signaling pathway in acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Leukemia & Lymphoma, Month 2012; Early Online, 1–7
15. Chun Li(#),Xiuyu Cai(#), Xiaoqin Chen1, Yang Liang1, Zhongjun Xia(*), Hua Wang(*)Long-term outcomes of modified BFM-95 regimen in adults with newly diagnosed standard-risk acute lymphoblastic leukemia: a retrospective single-center study. Int J Hematol DOI: 10.1007/s12185-019-02703-0)2019
16. Hua Wang • Xiao-Qin Chen • Qi-Rong Geng •Pan-Pan Liu • Gui-Nan Lin • Zhong-Jun Xia •Yue Lu. Induction therapy using the MRC UKALLXII/ECOG E2993 protocol in Chinese adults with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Int J Hematol (2011) 94:163–168
17. Wen-jian Liu(#), Hua Wang(#), Wei-da Wang, Meng-yuan Zhu, Cheng-cheng Liu,Jing-hua Wang, Yue Lu(*).Use of PEG-asparaginase in newly diagnosed adults with standard-risk acute lymphoblastic leukemia compared with E. coliasparaginase: a retrospective single-center study. Sci Rep. 2016 Dec 21;6:39463
18. Cheng-cheng Liu(#), Hua Wang(#), Wei-da Wang (#),Liang Wang, Wen-jian Liu, Jing-hua Wang ,Qi-rong Geng Yue Lu(*).ENO2 Promotes Cell Proliferation, Glycolysis, and Glucocorticoid-Resistance in Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Cell Physiol Biochem 2018;46:1525-1535
19. Jiayu Zhu, Hua Wang*(通讯作者), Cheng Cheng Li,et al.The Glasgow Prognostic Score (GPS) is a novel prognostic indicator in advanced epithelial ovarian cancer: a multicenter retrospective study. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2016 Nov;142(11):2339-45.
20. Zhu JY, Liu CC, Wang L, Zhong M, Tang HL, Wang H*(通讯作者). Peripheral blood lymphocyte-to-monocyte ratio as a prognostic factor in advanced epithelial ovarian cancer: a multicenter retrospective study. Journal of Cancer.2017;8:737-743.
Updated May 2020
Yuanbin Song is Associate professor of Department of Hematologic Oncology, Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center, he received M.D. from Southern Medical University at 2012 and finished postdoctoral training at Section of Hematology/Department of Internal Medicine and Yale Cancer Center Yale University School of Medicine during 2013-2020. His main focus on Novel Humanized Mice Model for myelodysplastic syndromes and Acute Myeloid Leukemia pathophysiology mechanism, also interesting in targeted therapy in Hematology Oncology. Yuanbin published many papers in renowned journals such as Science, Nature Communications, Immunity.
Myelodysplastic syndromes and Acute Myeloid Leukemia pathophysiology mechanism and novel targeted therapy.
|Education||2004-2012 Southern Medical University M.D.|
1. Yuanbin Song, Liang Shan, Rana Gbyli, Wei Liu, Till Strowig, Amisha Patel, Xiaoying Fu, Xiaman Wang, Mina Xu, Yimeng Gao, Ashley Qin, Emanuela M Bruscia, Toma Tebaldi, Giulia Biancon, Padmavathi Mamillapalli, David Urbonas, Elizabeth Eynon, David Gonzales, Jie Chen, Diane S. Krause, Jonathan Alderman, Stephanie Halene, Richard Flavell. Combined liver-cytokine humanization comes to the rescue of circulating human RBC. Science, 2021 Mar 5; 371(6533):1019-1025.
2. Yuanbin Song, Anthony Rongvaux, Ashley Taylor, Tingting Jiang, Toma Tebaldi, Kunthavai Balasubramanian, Arun Bagale, Yunus Terzi, Rana Gbyli, Xiaman Wang, Xiaoying Fu, Yimeng Gao, Jun Zhao, Nikolai A. Podoltsev, Mina Xu, Natalia Neparidze, Ellice Wong, Richard Torres, Emanuela M Bruscia, Yuval Kluger, Markus G Manz, Richard Flavell, Stephanie Halene. A Highly Efficient and Faithful MDS Patient-Derived Xenotransplantation Model for Pre-Clinical Studies. Nature Comm, 2019, 10 (1): 366.
3. Yimeng Gao, Radovan Vasic, Yuanbin Song（Co first author）, Rhea Teng, Rana Gbyli, Giulia Biancon, Raman Nelakanti, Anastasia Ardasheva, Xiaoying Fu, Xiaman Wang, Burak Dura, Veronica Lee, Gabriella Viero, Rong Fan, Andrew Xiao, Richard A. Flavell, Hua-Bing Li, Toma Tebaldi, Stephanie Halene. Loss of METTL3 Mediated m6A RNA Modification Results in Double-Stranded RNA Induced Antiviral Innate Immune Response and Hematopoietic Failure. Immunity. 2020, Jun 16;52(6):1007-1021.
4. Yuanbin Song, Rana Gbyli, Xiaoying Fu, Stephanie Halene. Functional Analysis of Human Hematopoietic Stem Cells In Vivo in Humanized Mice. Methods Mol Biol. 2020; 2097: 273-289.
5. Liu, Haiyan, Ziping Li, Fei Qiu, Chunjie Li, Xiaojing Lin, Yingyi He, Maoxiang Qian, Yuanbin Song (Corresponding author), Hui Zhang. Association between Nr3c1 Mutations and Glucocorticoid Resistance in Children with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Frontiers in Pharmacology 2021, 12(562).
6. Rana Gbyli, Yuanbin Song（Co first author）, Stephanie Halene. Humanized mice as preclinical models for myeloid malignancies. Biochemical Pharmacology. 2020; Apr; 174:113794.
7. Saito Y, Ellegast JM, Rafiei A, Song Yuanbin, Kull D, Heikenwalder M, Rongvaux A, Halene S, Flavell RA, Manz MG: Peripheral blood CD34+ cells efficiently engraft human cytokine knock-in mice. Blood. 2016 Aug 19; 2016 Aug 19. PMID: 27543436
8. Sulkowski PL, Corso CD, Robinson ND, Scanlon SE, Purshouse KR, Bai H, Liu Y, Sundaram RK, Hegan DC, Fons NR, Breuer GA, Song Yuanbin, Mishra-Gorur K, De Feyter HM, de Graaf RA, Surovtseva YV, Kachman M, Halene S, Günel M, Glazer PM, Bindra RS: 2-Hydroxyglutarate produced by neomorphic IDH mutations suppresses homologous recombination and induces PARP inhibitor sensitivity. Sci Transl Med. 2017 Feb 1. PMID: 28148839
9. Yang Liang, Toma Tebaldi, Kai Rejeski, Poorval Joshi, Giovanni Stefani, Ashley Taylor, Yuanbin Song, Radovan Vasic, Jamie Maziarz, Kunthavai Balasubramanian, Anastasia Ardasheva,1 Alicia Ding, Alessandro Quattrone, Stephanie Halene. SRSF2 mutations drive oncogenesis by activating a global program of aberrant alternative splicing in hematopoietic cells. Leukemia. 2018;32(12):2659-71.
10. Yongdeng Zhang, Lena Schroeder, Mark Lessard, Phylicia Kidd, Jeeyun Chung, Yuanbin Song, Lorena Benedetti, Yiming Li, Jonas Ries, Pietro DeCamilli, James Rothman, David Baddeley, Jonathan Grimm, Luke Lavis, Joerg Bewersdorf. Nanoscale subcellular architecture revealed by multicolor 3D salvaged fluorescence imaging. Nature Methods. 2020, Feb;17(2):225-231.
Updated November 2021