|Title||President and Professor|
Professor Rui-Hua Xu has been engaged in clinical work and medical oncology research for more than 30 years. He has made many substantial contributions that have led to international acclaim in the field of gastrointestinal cancers, in regards to early diagnosis, screening, treatments, metastasis, and research in cancer drug resistance. He has published more than 160 peer-reviewed papers (including 22 papers with an IF score of >10) in top international journals such as Nature Materials and the Lancet Oncology as the corresponding author or first author. More importantly, the results of his studies continue to be internationally impactful and have been cited by 17 international guidelines. He has also led the development of 9 national medical treatment guidelines. Professor Xu is also the recipient of two National Science and Technology Progress Awards (2nd level) and six provincial and ministerial awards (1st level), including the Chinese Medical Science and Technology Award, among many more.
Gastrointestinal cancers, including early diagnosis and screening of cancer, cancer and metastasis treatments, and cancer drug resistance research.
M.D. School of Medicine, Jiangxi Medical College, China, 1983-1988
Master Degree in Oncology, Sun Yat-Sen University of Medical Sciences, China, 1991-1994.
Ph.D in Oncology, Sun Yat-Sen University of Medical, China, 1997-2000.
1. Xu RH#*, Wei W#, Krawczyk M#, Wang W#, Luo H#, Flagg K, Yi S, Shi W, Quan Q, Li K, Zheng L, Zhang H, Caughey BA, Zhao Q, Hou J, Zhang R, Xu Y, Cai H, Li G, Hou R, Zhong Z, Lin D, Fu X, Zhu J, Duan Y, Yu M, Ying B, Zhang W, Wang J, Zhang E, Zhang C, Li O, Guo R, Carter H, Zhu JK, Hao X, Zhang K*. Circulating tumour DNA methylation markers for diagnosis and prognosis of hepatocellular carcinoma. Nature Materials. 2017 Nov;16(11):1155-1161. (IF: 38.9)
2. Xu RH#*, Muro K#*, Morita S, Iwasa S, Han SW, Wang W, Kotaka M, Nakamura M, Ahn JB, Deng YH, Kato T, Cho SH, Ba Y, Matsuoka H, Lee KW, Zhang T, Yamada Y, Sakamoto J, Park YS*, Kim TW*. Modified XELIRI (capecitabine plus irinotecan) versus FOLFIRI (leucovorin, fluorouracil, and irinotecan), both either with or without bevacizumab, as second-line therapy for metastatic colorectal cancer (AXEPT): a multicentre, open-label, randomised, non-inferiority, phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncology. 2018 May;19(5):660-671. (IF: 35.4)
3. Huiyan Luo#, Guoliang Xu#, Chaofeng Li#, Longjun He#, Linna Luo#, Zixian Wang#, Bingzhong Jing, Yishu Deng, Ying Jin, Yin Li, Bin Li, Wencheng Tan, Caisheng He, Sharvesh Raj Seeruttun, Qiubao Wu, Jun Huang, De-wang Huang, Bin Chen, Shao-bin Lin, Qin-ming Chen, Chu-ming Yuan, Hai-xin Chen, Heng-ying Pu, Feng Zhou, Yun He, Rui-hua Xu*. Real-time artificial intelligence for detection of upper gastrointestinal cancer by endoscopy: a multicentre, case-control, diagnostic study. Lancet Oncology. October 4, 2019 https://doi.org/10.1016/S1470-2045(19)30637-0. (IF: 35.4)
4. Feng Wang#, Qi Zhao#, Ying-NanWang, Jing Jin, Ming-Ming He, Ze-Xian Liu, Rui-Hua Xu*. Evaluation of POLE and POLD1 Mutations as Biomarkers for Immunotherapy Outcomes Across Multiple Cancer Types. JAMA Oncology. 2019;5(10):1504-1506. (IF: 22.4)
5. Wang DS#, Liu ZX#, Lu YX#, Bao H, Wu X, Zeng ZL, Liu Z, Zhao Q, He CY, Lu JH, Wang ZQ, Qiu MZ, Wang F, Wang FH, Li YH, Wang XN, Xie D, Jia WH, Shao YW, Xu RH*. Liquid biopsies to track trastuzumab resistance in metastatic HER2-positive gastric cancer. Gut. 2018 Sep 29. pii: gutjnl-2018-316522. (IF: 17.9)
6. Huiyan Luo#, Qi Zhao#, Wei Wei#, Lianghong Zheng#, Shaohua Yi#, Gen Li, Wenqiu Wang, Hui Sheng, Hengying Pu, Haiyu Mo, Zhixiang Zuo, Zexian Liu, Chaofeng Li, Chuanbo Xie, Zhaolei Zeng, Weimin Li, Xiaoke Hao, Yuying Liu, Sumei Cao, Wanli Liu, Sarah Gibson, Kang Zhang, Guoliang Xu, Rui-hua Xu. Circulating tumor DNA methylation profiles enable early diagnosis, prognosis prediction and 1 screening of colorectal cancer. Science Translational Medicine 12, eaax7533 (2020). (IF 17.2)
7. Chen DL#, Wang ZQ#, Zeng ZL#, Wu WJ, Zhang DS, Luo HY, Wang F, Qiu MZ, Wang DS, Ren C, Wang FH, Chiao LJ, Pelicano H, Huang P, Li YH, Xu RH*. Identification of miR-214 as a negative regulator of colorectal cancer liver metastasis via regulation of FGFR1 expression. Hepatology，2014 Aug;60(2):598-609. (IF: 14.9)
8. Luo HY#, Li YH#, Wang W, Wang ZQ, Yuan X, Ma D, Wang FH, Zhang DS, Lin DR, Lin YC, Jia J, Hu XH, Peng JW, Xu RH*. Single-agent capecitabine as maintenance therapy after induction of XELOX (or FOLFOX) in first-line treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer: randomized clinical trial of efficacy and safety. Ann Oncol. 2016 Jun;27(6):1074-81. (IF: 14.2)
9. F. Wang#, X. L. Wei#, F. H. Wang#, N. Xu, L. Shen, G. H. Dai, X. L. Yuan, Y. Chen, S. J. Yang, J. H. Shi, X. C. Hu, X. Y. Lin, Q. Y. Zhang, J. F. Feng, Y. Ba, Y. P. Liu, W. Li, Y. Q. Shu, Y. Jiang, Q. Li, J. W. Wang, H.Wu, H. Feng, S. Yao & R. H. Xu*. Safety, efficacy and tumor mutational burden as a biomarker of overall survival benefit in chemorefractory gastric cancer treated with toripalimab, a PD-1 antibody in phase Ib/II clinical trial NCT02915432. Ann Oncol. 0: 1–8, 2019 doi:10.1093/annonc/mdz197. (IF: 14.2)
10. Ju HQ#, Lu YX#, Chen DL#, Zuo ZX, Liu ZX, Wu QN, Mo HY, Wang ZX, Wang DS, Pu HY, Zeng ZL, Li B, Xie D, Huang P, Hung MC, Chiao PJ, Xu RH*. Modulation of Redox Homeostasis by Inhibition of MTHFD2 in Colorectal Cancer: Mechanisms and Therapeutic Implications. Journal of National Cancer Institute. 2018 Dec 8. doi: 10.1093/jnci/djy160. (IF: 10.2)
Updated May 2020
|Title||Professor of Medical Oncology|
Dr. Jiang received his MD from Shanghai Medical University in 1982 and his Master of Science in Oncology from Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences in 1988. He completed his clinical training in Internal Medicine at the Shanghai Medical University and in Medical Oncology in the Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences. Then he joined the research group of Dr. Zhongzen Guan, where he played a major role in development and evaluation of new anti-cancer drugs.
For a number of years, Dr. Jiang research has been focused on the developing and evaluation of new anti-cancer drugs. Dr. Jiang has been taking part in the research on developing some new anti-cancer drugs and has conducted several phase I and phase II clinical trial of new anti-cancer drugs produced by both domestic and oversea pharmaceutical companies.
During 1995-1997, Dr. Jiang studied clinical pharmacology in the University of Alabama at Birmingham as a visiting scholar and received further clinical training in MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Currently Dr. Jiang is focusing on developing a new anti-cancer drugs which can induce the difference and promote the apoptosis of cancer cells, and has the function to reverse multi-drug resistance. This drug is going to enter phase I clinical trial in China recently.
|Research Interest(s)||For information on Professor Wenqi's laboratory, click here and select: Clinical Research of new anti-tumor drugs.|
1. pharmocokinetics and clinical study of Two-route-chemotherapy using high dose cisplatin intrapleurally with thiasulfateintravenously.
Chinese Journal of Cancer, 1989, 4(2): 149-154
2. Phase I and II clinical trial of carboplatin.
Chinese Journal of Cancer, 1993, 6(3): 116-120
3. The role of neupogen (rhG-CSF) in high dose chemotherapy.
Chinese Journal of Cancer, 1993, 12(6): 176-182
4. Dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase activity in hepatocellular carcinoma: implications in fluorouracil-based chemotherapy.
Clinical Cancer Research, 1997, 3(3): 395-399.
|Title||Professor, doctoral advisor|
Prof. Guan Zhongzhen received his master’s degree from former Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences. Born in October 1932, he completed his undergraduate program in Medical College of Lingnan University in 1954 and further studied in and graduated from the Institute of Hematology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences (CAMS) & Peking Union Medical College (PUMC) in 1963. In 1982, he received a scholarship from WHO and studied as a visiting scholar at the M.D. Anderson Hospital in the U.S. From 1965 onwards, he has engaged himself in research and clinical work of cancer chemotherapy and served as the Chief for Department of Medical Oncology, Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center, Chief for Teaching and Research Office of Oncology and Director of Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center respectively. He currently serves as the Chief for Department of Medical Oncology, Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center, Chief for clinical research base of Ministry of Health, Professor and Doctoral advisor; Party Director of Chinese Anti-cancer Association and Director-general of Guangdong Province Anti-cancer Association; and Scientific Advisor to the Cancer Institute, Faculty of Medicine, Chinese University of Hong Kong. He specializes in cancer chemotherapy, especially in malignant lymphoma, lung cancer, breast cancer and childhood cancer.
|Title||Director of Medical Oncology Department, Professor|
Dr Li Zhang is Professor of Medical Oncology, Director of Phase I Unit of Sun Yat-Sen University Cancer Centre (SYSUCC), Deputy Director of Lung Cancer Research Centre of SYSU. He is also the member of ASCO, CSCO, ESMO, IASLC, MASCC and Member of communication committee of IASLC. Professor Zhang has published more than 200 clinical papers in top-tier journals like: Lancet, Lancet Oncology, Lancet Respiratory Medicine, Journal of Clinical Oncology, JAMA Oncology, Nature Communications, Annals of Oncology, JTO, JNCI. He also presented abstracts to many major congresses like ASCO, WCLC, ESMO, MASCC meetings. He is an editorial board member of Clinical Lung Cancer, Chinese Journal of Clinical Oncology, and Cancer Communications. At present, he is a senior consultant to the Centre of Drug Evaluation, Chinese Food and Drug Administration (CFDA) and had formerly drafted the CFDA Guidance for Industry: Clinical Trial for the Approval of Cancer Drugs and Biologics (second version, 2006).
Professor Zhang’s research interest is in the development of molecular, prognostic and therapeutic approaches to improve the care for patients with lung cancer and head and neck cancer. He is also actively involved in Phase I clinical trial and cancer supportive care. Dr Zhang contributes extensively to the Chinese Anti-Cancer Association (CACA) where he currently serves as Present of the Committee of Rehabilitation and Palliative Care (CRPC). He is also a standing committee member of the Chinese Society of Clinical Oncology (CSCO) and President of the immunotherapy expert committee of CSCO.
Dr Zhang received his master of clinical oncology degree from SYSU and was board certified as a physician in medical oncology. He has completed training as a visiting fellow at the MD Anderson Cancer Centre, Houston; Fox Chase Cancer Centre, Philadelphia, USA and Institut Gustave Roussy, Paris, France.
1. Gemcitabine plus cisplatin versus fluorouracil plus cisplatin in recurrent or metastatic nasopharyngeal carcinoma: a multicentre, randomised, open-label, phase 3 trial. Li Zhang, Y Huang, S Hong, Y Yang, G Yu, J Jia, P Peng, X Wu, Q Lin, X Xi, J Peng, M Xu, D Chen, X Lu, R Wang, X Cao, X Chen, Z Lin, J Xiong, Q Lin, C Xie, Z Li, J Pan, J Li, S Wu, Y Lian, Q Yang, C Zhao The Lancet 2016
2. Efficacy and tolerability data from a randomised, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study of gefitinib as maintenance therapy in patients with locally advanced or metastatic non-small-cell lung cancer (INFORM; C-TONG 0804). Li Zhang, S Ma, X Song, B Han, Y Cheng, C Huang, S Yang, X Liu, Y Liu, S Lu, J Wang, S Zhang, C Zhou, X Zhang, N Hayashi, M Wang. Lancet Oncology 2012
3. Camrelizumab (SHR-1210) alone or in combination with gemcitabine plus cisplatin for nasopharyngeal carcinoma: results from two single-arm, phase 1 trials. W Fang, Y Yang, Y Ma, S Hong, L Lin, X He, J Xiong, P Li, H Zhao, Y Huang, Y Zhang, L Chen, N Zhou, Y Zhao, X Hou, Q Yang, Li Zhang Lancet Oncology 2018
4. Challenges in anticancer drug R&D in China. S Zhao, C Lv, J Gong, W Fang, X Hu, Y Ba, X Chen, Z Yang, L Shen, Li Zhang Lancet Oncology 2019
5. ALESIA: a randomised phase 3 study of alectinib versus crizotinib in untreated Asian patients with anaplastic lymphoma kinase-positive non-small-cell lung cancer. C Zhou, S Kim, T Reungwetwattana, J Zhou, Y Zhang, J He, J Yang, Y Cheng, S Lee, L Bu, T Xu, L Yang, C Wang, T Liu, P N. Morcos, Y Lu, Li Zhang The Lancet Respiratory Medicine 2019
6. Efficacy, safety, and biomarker analysis of ensartinib in crizotinib-resistant, ALK-positive non-small-cell lung cancer: a multicentre, phase 2 trial. Y Yang, J Zhou, J Zhou, J Feng, W Zhuang, J Chen, J Zhao, W Zhong, Y Zhao, Y Zhang, Y Song, Y Hu, Z Yu, Y Gong, Y Chen, F Ye, S Zhang, L Cao, Y Fan, G Wu, Y Guo, C Zhou, K Ma, J Fang, W Feng, Y Liu, Z Zheng, G Li, N Wu, W Song, X Liu, S Zhao, L Ding, L Mao, G Selvaggi, X Yuan, Y Fu, T Wang, S Xiao, Li Zhang The Lancet Respiratory Medicine 2020
7. Phase III study comparing standard radiotherapy with or without weekly oxaliplatin in treatment of locoregionally advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma: preliminary results. Zhang L, Zhao C, Peng PJ, Lu LX, Huang PY, Han F, Wu SX. Journal of Clinical Oncology 2005
8. Concomitant Genetic Alterations With Response to Treatment and Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors in Patients With EGFR-Mutant Advanced Non–Small Cell Lung Cancer. S Hong, F Gao, S Fu, Y Wang, W Fang, Y Huang, Li Zhang. JAMA Oncology 2018
9. The genomic landscape of Epstein-Barr virus-associated pulmonary lymphoepithelioma-like carcinoma. Hong S, Liu D, Luo S, Fang W, Zhan J, Fu S, Zhang Y, Wu X, Zhou H, Chen X, Chen G, Zhang Z, Zheng Q, Li X, Chen J, Liu X, Lei M, Ye C, Wang J, Yang H, Xu X, Zhu S, Yang Y, Zhao Y, Zhou N, Zhao H, Huang Y, Zhang L, Wu K, Zhang Li. Nature Communications 2019
10. Neurokinin-1 Receptor Antagonist-Based Triple Regimens in Preventing Chemotherapy-Induced Nausea and Vomiting: A Network Meta-Analysis. Y Zhang, Y Yang, Z Zhang, W Fang, S Kang, Y Luo, J Sheng, J Zhan, S Hong, Y Huang, N Zhou, H Zhao, Li Zhang Journal of The National Cancer Institute 2017
11. Comprehensive Genomic Profiling Identifies Novel Genetic Predictors of Response to Anti-PD-(L)1 Therapies in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. W Fang, Y Ma, J Yin, S Hong, H Zhou, A Wang, F Wang, H Bao, X Wu, Y Yang, Y Huang, H Zhao, Y Shao, Li Zhang Clinical Cancer Research 2019
Last updated: April 2020
|Title||Professor, doctoral advisor, Deputy Director of Medical Oncology|
After receiving a Bachelor’s Degree from former Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences in 1984, Prof. Huang Huiqiang has been engaged himself in clinical work and specializes in common cancer chemotherapy, especially chemotherapy of lymphoma and nasopharynx carcinoma, transplantation of hematopoietic stem cells, recurrent or refractory lymphoma, childhood cancer, germ cell tumor, small cell lung cancer (SCLC) and other tumors in the University. In 2000 and 2004, he went to Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in the US and Australia for short-term studies. Presently, he is the drug evaluation consultant of State Food and Drug Administration (SFDA), and Deputy Director of Lymphoma Committee of Guangdong Province Anti-cancer Association, Deputy Director of Blood Tumor Committee of Guangdong Province Anti-cancer Association and Member of the American Society of Hematology (ASH).
The Preliminary Results of Advanced and Recurrent Malignant Lymphoma Treated by BEAC Regimen Supported with Autologous Hematopoietic Stem Cells Transplantation Chinese Huang Hui-qiang et al. Journal of Cancer Research(CJC) 2002 14(1):50-53
Preliminary outcome of rituximab-containing salvage regimens on relapsed or refractory B-cell non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma :single institution experience Bufei Wang ,Huiqiang Huang The Chinese-German Journal of Clinical Oncology 2006 Dec Vol5 Num 6（402）
Phase II clinical trial of Lopaplatin in the treatment of solid malignancies Jiang wen- qi Lin Tong-yi Huang Hui-qiang et al : International Journal of Modern Cancer Therapy 1999，33:312-5
Novantrone:A phase II trial in the treatment of advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma in the People’s Republic of China Z.Z. Guan, H.Q. Huang , R. Rastogi Proceedings of American Society of Clinical Oncology(ASCO) 1993 : 12 (5) abstract 922
2013.01-present Professor, Department of medical oncology, Cancer center of Sun Yat-sen University, China
2010.08 -2010.12 Clinical observer, Breast Cancer Medicine service
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC), New York, USA
2007.01-2012.12 Associate professor,
Department of medical oncology,
Cancer center of Sun Yat-sen University, China
2004.07- 2006.12 Lecturer & Attending Physician,
Department of medical oncology,
Cancer center of Sun Yat-sen University, China
1998.07 -2001.08 Lecturer & attending physician,
Affiliated hospital of Xuzhou Medical College, China
1992.07 -1995.08 Resident physician,
Affiliated hospital of Xuzhou Medical College, China
|Phone||+86-20-87342491 (Office) +86-13926168469|
1. Familiar with medical oncology and phase I, II, III Clinical trials
2. Cell culture and purification of protein.
3. In vitro and in vivo study of anti-cancer drugs
4. Molecular biological techniques
2001-2004 Ph.D. in Medical Oncology, Sun Yat-sen University, China
1995-1998 M.S. in Medical Oncology, Henan Medical University, China
1987-1992 M.D. in Clinical Medicine, Xuzhou Medical College, China
1. Fu L, Shi K, Wang J, ChenW, Shi D, Tian Y, Guo W, Yu W, Xiao X, Kang T, Wang S, Huang W, Deng W. TFAP2B overexpressioncontributes to tumor growth and a poor prognosis of human lung adenocarcinomathrough modulation of ERK and VEGF/PEDF signaling. Mol Cancer,2014,13:89 (corresponding author)
2. Chen W, Qin L, Wang S, Li M, Shi D, Tian Y, Wang J, FuL, Li Z, Guo W, Yu W, Yuan Y, Kang T, Huang W, Deng W. CPSF4 activates telomerasereverse transcriptase and predicts poor prognosis in human lungadenocarcinomas. Mol Oncol. 2014May;8(3):704-716 (correspondingauthor)
3. ZENG Yin-duo, XU Fei, QIN Tao,YANG Yan-hua,LIAO Yu-ting,Qin Ge,Wang Shu-sen. Toremifene inPostmenopausal Operable Patients with Luminal Subtype of Breast Cancer asCompared with Tamoxifen:A Retrospective Study in China. Chin J Bases ClinGeneral Surg, 2014,21( 5):555-561(correspondingauthor)
4. Ma hongmin,Hu lingyu, Wang shusen.Diagnosis and Treatment for Occult Breast Cancer. Chin J BasesClin General Surg, 2014, 21( 5):544-548(corresponding author)
5. Qin T, Yuan ZY, PengRJ,Zeng YD,Shi YX, Teng XY,Liu DG, Bai B, WangSS .Efficacy andtolerability of toremifene and tamoxifen therapy in premenopausal patients withoperable breast cancer: a retrospective analysis. Curr Oncol,2013, 20(4):1-9 (correspondingauthor)
6. Qin T, Yuan ZY, Peng RJ ,Shi YX, Teng XY,LiuDG, Bai B, Wang SS .HER2-positive breast cancer patients receivingtrastuzumab treatment obtain prognosis comparable with that ofHER2-negativebreast cancer patients. Onco Targets and Therapy.2013,6:341-47 (corresponding author)
7. QIN Tao, YUAN Zhong-yu, PENGRou-jun, BAI Bing, SHI Yan-xia, TENG Xiao-yu, LIU Dong-geng, WANG Shu-sen. Efficacy and Safety of Toremifene in Young Patients with LuminalSubtype Early Breast Cancer： A Retrospective Study. JOURNAL OF SUN YAT-SEN UNIVERSITY（MEDICAL SCIENCES）,2013,34(3):402-406(corresponding author)
8. Fu ly, Chen WB, Guo W, WangJS, Tian Y, Shi DB, Zhang XH,Qiu HJ, Xiao XS, Kang TB, Huang WL, Wang SS,Deng WG.Berberine Targets AP-2/hTERT, NF-κB/COX-2, HIF-1α/VEGF andCytochrome-c/Caspase Signaling to Suppress Human Cancer Cell Growth. PIOS ONE,2013,8(7):1-13 (correspondingauthor)
9. Gu WG, Huang Y, YuanZY, Peng RJ, Luo HT, He ZR, Wang SS. ZD1839 and cisplatin aloneor in combination for treatment of a nasopharyngeal carcinoma cell line andXenografts. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2013;14(3):1787-90 (correspondingauthor)
10. Wangbing Chen, Wei Guo, Mei Li, Dingbo Shi, Yun Tian, Zhenlin Li,Jingshu Wang, Lingyi Fu, Xiangsheng Xiao, Quentin Qiang Liu, Shusen Wang, Wenlin Huang, Wuguo Deng. Upregulation of cleavageand polyadenylation specific factor 4 in lung adenocarcinoma and its criticalrole for cancer cell survival and proliferation. PLoS One. 2013;8(12):e82728 (corresponding author)
11. Wang S, Shi Y,Yuan Z, Wang X, Liu D, Peng R, Teng X, Qin T, Peng J, Lin G, Jiang X. ClassicalCMF regimen as adjuvant chemotherapy for triple-negative breast cancer may bemore effective compared with anthracycline or taxane-based regimens. Med Oncol.2012,29:547-553 (first author)
12. He J, Peng R, Yuan Z, Wang S, Peng J, Lin G, Jiang X, Qin T. Prognostic value of androgenreceptor expression in operable triple negative breast cancer: A retrospectiveanalysis based on a tissue microarray. Med Oncol 2012,29:406-410
13. Liu D, He J,Yuan Z, Wang S, Peng R, Shi Y, TengX, Qin T. EGFR expression correlates with decreased disease-free survival intriple negative breast cancer: A retrospective analysis based on a tissuemicroarray. Med Oncol. 2012,29:401-405
14. Shi YX, Tan YT,Yuan ZY, Wang SS, Peng RJ, An X, CaoY, Jin Y, Cai XY, Sun YL, Teng XY, Liu DG. Comparison of overall survivalbetween the early use and delayed use of Trastuzumab therapy groups: aretrospective analysis of 128 patients with HER-2-positive advanced breast cancer.Med Oncol 2012,29:39-47
15. Shi YX, Xia Q,Peng RJ, Yuan ZY, Wang SS, An X, CaoY, Tan YT, Jin Y, Cai XY, Sun YL, Teng XY, Liu DG, Jiang WQ. Comparison ofclinicopathological characteristics and prognoses between bilateral andunilateral breast cancer. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2012 ,138:705-714
16. Wang x, Wang SS,Peng RJ, Qin T, Shi YX, Teng xy, Chen wq, Liu DG, Yuan ZY. Interaction of coping styles andpsychological stress on anxious and depressive symptoms in Chinese breastcancer patients. Asian Pacific J Cancer Prev 2012; 13:1645-1649. （IF：1.24）
17. PengR, Wang S, Shi Y, Liu D, Teng X, QinT, Zeng Y, Yuan Z. Patients 35 years old oryounger with operable breast cancer are more at risk for relapse and survival:A retrospective matched case-control study. Breast. 2011; 20: 568-573.（IF：2.089）
18. Liu DG, WangSS, Peng RJ, Qin T, Shi YX, Teng XY, Wang X, Chen WQ, Yuan ZY. Interaction of Social Support andPsychological Stress on Anxiety and Depressive Symptoms in Breast CancerPatients. Asian Pacific J Cancer Prev 2011; 12:2523-2529. （IF：1.24）
19. Bing Bai, Shusen Wang et al. Clinical Featuresand Survival Analysis of Different Subtypesof Patients with Breast Cancer BrainMetastases. Chinese Journal of Cancer, 2010,29(4): 453-461. (corresponding author)
20. Qin jianyong Wang shusen,YIN CHUANZHONG The legaland ethic issues in operating medical information service website. JOURNAL OFMEDICAL INFORMATICS,2010,31(8):52-55
21. Yuan zhongyu,Shusen Wang, et al. Clinical Characteristics and Prognosis ofTriple-Negative Breast Cancer: A Report of 305 Cases. Chinese Journal ofCancer, 2008, 27(6)..
22. Yuan zhongyu,Shusen Wang, et al. Clinical characteristics and prognosis ofdifferent subtypes of breast cancer Chinese Journal of Oncology. 2008 ,30(6):456-61
23. Fu xiaohong, Wang shusen, Huang yan,el al. Prognostic significance of CD20expression in Hodgkin and Reed-sternberg cells of classical hodgkin’s lymphoma.Chinesr journal of cancer 2008,27(11):1197-1203
24. CAO Ya –Bing, WANG Shu-Sen, HUANG Hui-Qiang et al.Primary Breast Lymphoma —A Report of 27 Cases withLiterature Review Chinese Journalof Cancer, 2007, 26( 1) : 84- 89
25. Xiao Jian, Wang Shusen, Huang Yan et al. Expression of CD117 and PDGFRa in ExtranodularNK/T Cell Lymphoma (Nasal Type) .Chinese Journal of Clinical Oncology2,007 34(11):615-617
26. QIU Miao-Zhen, XUFei, WANG Shu-Sen et al.Responses of 109 Adult Soft Tis sue Sarcoma Patientsto Chemotherapy .Chinese Journal of Cancer, 2007, 26( 12) : 1344- 1349
27. Shusen Wang, Zhongzhen Guan, et al. The Significance of EGFR and p-ERK Expressionin Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma，Chinese Journal of Oncology.2006,28(1).
28. Shusen Wang, Zhongzhen Guan, et al. The Significance of c-Fos, and Cyclin-D1Expression in Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma，Chinese Journalof Clinical Oncology，2005,32,(6)
29. Shusen Wang, Zhongzhen Guan, et al. In vivo Study of Epidermal Growth FactorReceptor-Selective Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor Gefitinib on NasopharyngealCarcinoma. Chinese Journal of Cancer, 2004,23(11s).
30. Yanqun Xiang, Shusen Wang, et al Prognostic Value ofSurviving and Living in Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma, The Laryngoscope, 116(1).
31. Shusen Wang, Zhongzhen Guan, et al. Angiogenesis Modulator and Tumor. ChineseJournal of Medicine.2004, 4(1): 24-29.
32. Shusen Wang, Tongyu Lin, et al. Anti-Cancer Therapy Targeting EGFR. ChineseJournal of Cancer Palliative Medicine. 2003,2(4): 239-242.
33. Shusen Wang, Wenqi Jiang. Improving the Level of Clinical Study According toGood Clinical Practice. National Medical Journal of China.2003,83(3):179-180.
34. Shusen Wang , Ruilin Wang, et al. Study on the Purification of AngiogenesisInhibitor from Shark Cartilage and its Biological Characteristics. HenanJournal of Oncololgy.1999, 12(3): 179-181.
35. Shusen Wang, Lisong Tan, et al. A Study on the Method Using 1H11 EndothelialCells to Assay Angiogenesis Inhibitor. ACTA Academiae Medicinae Xuzhou. 1998,18 (3): 176-178.
36. Jinchuan Zhang, Shusen Wang, et al. Detecting TumorSpecific Growth Factor in Patients with Chemotherapy. Academiae MedicinaeXuzhou.2001, 21(2): 116-117.
37. Desheng liu, Shusen Wang et al. How to Improve theEffect and Safety of Three-Step Method of Analgesia. Chinese Journal ofClinical Oncology and Recovery.1999, 6 (5): 77-79.
|Title||Professor, Chief Physician|
Dr. Li received his Bachelor Degree from Sun Yat-sen University in 1997 and his Doctoral Degree in Oncology from Sun Yat-sen University in 2002. Dr. Li research has been focused on the treatment and developing of solid tumor especially in lymphoma. At present he holds the position of secretary in Committee of Malignant Lymphoma, Chinese Anti-cancer Association and Committee of Chemotherapy, Guangdong Anti-cancer Association. He has been extensively involved in many several researches sponsored by Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), Chinese Postdoctoral Science Foundation and Guangdong Natural Science Foundation (GNSF) and edited "Cancer Biotherapy".
Clinical and translational research for lymphoma, head and neck cancer (including nasopharyngeal cancer). Especially development of novel drugs, prognostic and predictive markers for these tumors, conduct of phase I and II clinical trials to test drugs.
Bachelor of Medicine, Sun Yat-Sen University of Medical Sciences, China, 1992-1997
Ph.D. in Oncology, Sun Yat-sen University, China, 1997-2002
Post Doctorate, Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center, China, 2002-2004
Visiting scholar, Oncology Institute of Southern Switzerland, Switzerland, 2011-2012
1. Metronomic combination chemotherapy using everolimus and etoposide for the treatment of non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Wu K, Sun XQ, Wang CQ, Gao TX, Sun P, Wang Y, Jiang WQ, Li ZM#, Huang JJ#. Cancer Med 2020
2. High-dose Methotrexate plus temozolomide with or without rituximab in patients with untreated primary central nervous system lymphoma: A retrospective study from China. Chen C, Sun P, Cui J, Yan SM, Chen H, Xia Y, Bi XW, Liu PP, Wang Y, Yang H, Nie M, Zhang XW, Jiang WQ, Li ZM#. Cancer Med 2019
3. Mutation Profiling of Malignant Lymphoma by Next-Generation Sequencing of Circulating Cell-Free DNA. Sun P*, Chen C*, Xia Y*, Wang Y, Liu PP, Bi XW, Shao YW, Ou QX, Wu X, Yang H, Nie M, Zhang XW, Li ZM#, Jiang WQ#. Journal of Cancer 2019
4. Trends in Survival of Patients With Primary Gastric Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma: An Analysis of 7051 Cases in the SEER Database. Liu PP, Xia Y, Bi XW, Wang Y, Sun P, Yang H, Li ZM#, Jiang WQ#. Dis Markers 2018
5. A Comparison of R-EPOCH and R-CHOP as a First-Line Regimen in De Novo DLBCL Patients With High Ki-67 Expression in a Single Institution. Huang JJ, Xia Y, Wang Y, Liu PP, Bi XW, Sun P, Lin TY, Jiang WQ, Li ZM#. Oncotarget, 2016
6. Racial Patterns of Patients With Primary Mediastinal Large B-cell Lymphoma: SEER Analysis. Liu PP*, Wang KF*, Xia Y, Bi XW, Sun P, Wang Y, Li ZM#, Jiang WQ#. Medicine (Baltimore) 2016
7. High risk of deep vein thrombosis associated with peripherally inserted central catheters in lymphoma. Zhang X*, Huang JJ*, Xia Y*, Li CF, Wang Y, Liu PP, Bi XW, Sun P, Lin TY, Jiang WQ, Li ZM#. Oncotarget, 2016
8. Consolidative treatment after salvage chemotherapy improves prognosis in patients with relapsed extranodal natural killer/T-cell lymphoma. Nie M*, Bi XW*, Zhang WW*, Sun P, Xia Y, Liu PP, Huang HQ, Jiang WQ, Li ZM#. Sci Rep 2016
9. Effect of Rituximab on Adult Burkitt's Lymphoma: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Nie M*, Wang Y*, Bi XW, Xia Y, Sun P, Liu PP, Li ZM#, Jiang WQ#. Ann Hematol 2016
10. Prognostic values of interim and post-therapy 18F-FDG PET/CT scanning in adult patients with Burkitt’s lymphoma. Wei WX*, Huang JJ*, Li WY, Zhang X, Xia Y, Jiang WQ, Fan W#, Li ZM#. Chin J Cancer 2015
11. Expression of BAFF-R, but Not BAFF, Is an Independent Prognostic Factor in Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma Patients Treated With R-CHOP. Wang Y*, Li YJ*, Jiang WQ, Rao HL, Huang JJ, Xia Y, Bi XW, Sun P, Huang HQ, Lin TY, Guan ZZ, Li ZM#. Ann Hematol, 2015
12. Radiotherapy and PGEMOX/GELOX regimen improved prognosis in elderly patients with early-stage extranodal NK/T-cell lymphoma. Bi XW*, Xia Y*, Zhang WW, Sun P, Liu PP, Wang Y, Huang JJ, Jiang WQ, Li ZM#. Ann Hematol 2015
13. Epstein-Barr Virus-Positive Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma in the Elderly: A Matched Case-Control Analysis. Song CG*, Huang JJ*, Li YJ*, Xia Y, Wang Y, Bi XW, Jiang WQ, Huang HQ, Lin TY, Li ZM#. PLoS One 2015
14. Treatment outcome of patients with advanced stage natural killer/T-cell lymphoma: elucidating the effects of asparaginase and postchemotherapeutic radiotherapy. Bi XW*, Jiang WQ*, Zhang WW, Huang JJ, Xia Y, Wang Y, Sun P, Li ZM#. Ann Hematol 2015
15. High APRIL but not BAFF serum levels are associated with poor outcome in patients with follicular lymphoma. Li YJ*, Li ZM*, Xia ZJ, Li S, Xia Y, Huang HQ, Huang JJ, Yi PY#, Jiang WQ#. Ann Hematol 2015
16. Prognostic Value of Interim and Posttherapy 18F-FDG PET/CT in Patients with Mature T-Cell and Natural Killer Cell Lymphomas. Ya-Jun Li*, Li ZM*, Xi-Ya Xia*, Huang HQ, Xia ZJ, Lin TY, Li S, Xia Y, Cai XY, Jiang WQ#. J Nucl Med 2013
17. Absolute Lymphocyte Count Is a Novel Prognostic Indicator in Extranodal Natural killer/T-cell Lymphoma, Nasal Type. Huang JJ*, Jiang WQ*, Lin TY, Huang Y, Xu RH, Huang HQ, Li ZM#. Ann Oncol 2011
18. Beclin 1 expression: A predictor of prognosis in patients with extranodal natural killer T-cell lymphoma, nasal type. Huang JJ, Li HR, Huang Y, Jiang WQ, Xu RH, Huang HQ, Lv Y, Xia ZJ, Zhu XF, Lin TY#, Li ZM#. Autophagy 2010
Updated May 2020
Dr. Yu-Hong Li is Chief Physician in the Department of Medical Oncology at Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center (SYUCC). She has extensive experience and expertise in the field of Medical Oncology, especially in gastrointestinal cancer (including colorectal cancer, gastric cancer, esophageal cancer, pancreatic cancer, cholangio- carcinoma and gastrointestinal neuroendocrine tumor) and nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Dr. Li has been supported by The National Natural Science Foundation of China and other funds for her research and published over 100 peer-reviewed articles in many high impact journals such as Clin Cancer Res, Cancer, covering translational and clinical research topics. As a Member of the Good Clinical Practice in SYUCC, she has initiated or participated in many investigator initiated and SFDA approved clinical trails. She is also standing committee members of Guangdong province Anti-cancer association professional committee of colorectal cancer and esophageal cancer.
|Research Interest(s)||Clinical and translational research for GI cancers and nasopharyngeal cancer.|
1994-1997 Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center, M.S,Medical Oncology
1986-1991 BenBu medical college, B.S, Clinical Medicine
2011-Present Chief Physician, Department of MedicalOncology, Cancer Center, Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou , Guangdong
2009 Observer, Medical Oncology, Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
2007 Observer, Medical Oncology, Paul Brouss Hospital，France
2005-2011 Associated Professor, Department of Medical Oncology, Cancer Center, Sun Yat-senUniversity, Guangzhou, Guangdong
2000-2005 Attending Physician, Department of Medical Oncology, Cancer Center, Sun Yat-senUniversity, Guangzhou, Guangdong
1997- 2000 Resident, Department of Medical Oncology, Cancer Center, Sun Yat-sen University,Guangzhou , Guangdong
1991-1994 Resident, Internal Medicine, AnhuiProvincal Hospital, HeFei, Hanhui 2002-
1. An X, Li YH (Corresponds).MET amplification is not rare and predictsunfavorable clinical outcomes in patients with recurrent/metastatic gastric cancer afterchemotherapy. Cancer. 2014 Mar 1; 120(5):675.
2. An X, Li YH (Corresponds).Serum HER 2 extracellular domain level is correlated with tissue HER 2status in metastatic gastric orgastro-oesophageal junction adenocarcinoma.PLoS One. 2013 May 14;8(5):e63458.
3. Chen C, Li YH (Corresponds). Polymorphisms in ERCC1 C8092A predict progression-free survival inmetastatic/recurrent nasopharyngeal carcinoma treated with cisplatin-basedchemotherapy. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2013 Aug; 72(2):315.
4. Chen C, Li YH (Corresponds).Tripletcombination with paclitaxel, cisplatin and 5-FU is effective in metastaticand/or recurrent nasopharyngeal carcinoma.Cancer Chemother Pharmacol.2013Feb; 71(2):371.
5. Chen C, Li YH (Corresponds).Salvagegemcitabine- vinorelbine chemotherapy in patients with metastaticnasopharyngeal carcinoma pretreated with platinum- based chemotherapy. Oral Oncol.2012 Nov; 48(11):1146.
6. Li YH, Wang F,et al. EGFR FISH Pattern of Chromosome 7Disomy Predicts Resistance to Cetuximab in KRAS Wild-type Metastatic ColorectalCancer Patients. Clin Cancer Res.2011; 15; 17(2):382.
7. An X, Li YH (Corresponds).PlasmaEpstein-Barr virus DNA level strongly predicts survival in metastatic/recurrentnasopharyngeal carcinoma treated with palliative chemotherapy. Cancer. 2011;15; 117(16):3750.
8. An X, Li YH (Corresponds).Elevatedneutrophil to lymphocyte ratio predicts poor prognosis in nasopharyngealcarcinoma. Tumor Biol.2011; 32(2):317.
9. Wang FH, Li YH (Corresponds).Phase IIstudy of biweekly paclitaxel plus infusional 5-fluorouracil and leucovorin asfirst-line chemotherapy in patients with advanced gastric cancer. Am J ClinOncol. 2011; 34(4):401.
10. Yu Hong Li, HuiYan Luo, et al. Phase II study of capecitabine plusoxaliplatin(XELOX) as first-line treatment and followed by maintenance ofcapecitabine in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer. J Cancer Res ClinOncol.2010; 136(4):503.
11. An X, Ding PR, Li YH (Corresponds).Carcinoembryonic antigen surge in metastatic colorectal cancer patientsresponding to irinotecan combination chemotherapy. Biomarkers.2010; 15(3):243.
12. Li YH, Hu CF, etal. Elevated Expressions of Survivin andVEGF Protein are Strong Independent Predictors of Survival in Advanced NasopharyngealCarcinoma. J Transl Med. 2008; 3; 6(1):1.
13. Li YH, Wang FH,et al. Phase II study of capecitabine andcisplatin combination as first-line chemotherapy in Chinese patients withmetastatic nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2008; 62(3):539.
14. He YF, Li YH(Corresponds) et al. Theeffectiveness of lamivudine in preventing hepatitis B viral reactivation inrituximab-containing regimen for lymphoma. Ann Hematol. 2008; 87(6):481.
15. Luo HY, Li YH,et al. Efficacy of CPT-11 combined 5-FU/CF(FOLFIRI) regimen on advanced colorectal cancer. Ai Zheng. 2007; 26(8):905.
16. Li YH, He YF, et al. Lamivudineprophylaxis reduces the incidence and severity of hepatitis in hepatitis Bvirus carriers who receive chemotherapy for lymphoma. Cancer. 2006, 15;106(6):1320-1325.
17. He YF, Li YH (Correspondence), et al.Prognostic analysis of 220 colorectal cancer patients with synchronous livermetastases. Ai Zheng. 2006; 25(9):1153.
18. Wang FH, Li YH, et al. PhaseI Clinical Trial of Intravenous Recombinant Human Lymphotoxin-α Derivative. Aizheng.2006; 26(4):501.
19. Xiang XJ,He YJ ,Li YH .Clinical Significance of SurvivinExpression in Peripheral T-cell Lymphoma. Ai zheng.2006; 25(6):758.
20. Li YH, He YF, et al. Clinical analysisof liver damage of 116 malignant lymphoma patients with chronic HBV infectionafter cytotoxic chemotherapy. Ai zheng.2005, 24(12):1507.
21. Li YH, Shao JYet al. The clinical significance of MMP-9CD44v6 protein expression in nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Ai zheng. 2004; 31(20):1153.
22. Li YH, Shao JY, etal. Clinical Significance of Quantitative Analysis of plasma Epstein-Barr virusDNA Concentration in nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Chinese J of Clinical Oncology. 2004; 31(8)421.
23. Li YH, Shao JY, et al.Clinical significanceof quantitative analysis of serum VEGF, CD44s, and MMP-3 protein in nasopharyngealcarcinoma. Ai zheng. 2004; 23(9):1060.
24. He YF, Li YH, Huang HQ,et al.Prognosis analysis of 53 cases with primary intestinal Non- Hodgkin's lymphoma.Ai zheng. 2005, 24(4):475.
25. Shao JY, Li YH, et al. Comparison ofplasma Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) DNA levels and serum EBV immunoglobulin A/viruscapsid antigen antibody titers in patients with nasopharyngeal carcinoma.Cancer. 2004; 15; 100(6):1162.
26. Shao JY, Li YH, et al. High frequencyof common deletion (4981 bp) in mitochondrial DNA in nasopharyngeal carcinomaand its correlation with patient age and clinical stages. Cancer Biol Ther.2004; 3(12):1270.
27. Li YH, Shao JY, et al. Quantitativeanalysis of plasma Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) DNA for monitoring of recurrenceand metastasis in nasopharyngeal carcinoma patients after radiotherapy. Aizheng. 2003; 22(6):645.
28. Li YH, Jiang WQ, et al. Clinicalanalysis of 75 patients with nasopharyngeal non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Ai zheng.2003; 22(4):401.
29. Shao JY, Li YH, et al. High frequencyloss of heterozygosity on the long arms of chromosomes 13 and 14 innasopharyngeal carcinoma in Southern China. Chinese Medical Journal. 2002;115(4):571.
30. Shao JY, Li YH, et al. Deletion ofchromosomes 9p and 17 associated with abnormal expression of p53, p16/MTS1 andp15/MTS2 gene protein in hepatocellular carcinomas. Chinese Medical Journal,2000; 113(9):817.
31. Zhang DS,Din Y, Li YH, et al. PredictiveSignificance of Serum 90K/Mac-2BP on Chemotherapy Response in Non-Hodgkin'sLymphoma. Ai zheng. 2005; 24(8):1006.
32. Xiang XJ,He YJ ,Li YH .PrognosisAnalysis of 53 Cases with Primary Intestinal Non- Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Ai zheng.2004; 23(4):443.
33. Shao JY, Gao HY, Li YH et al.Quantitative detection of common deletion of mitochondrial DNA inhepatocellular carcinoma and hepatocellular nodular hyperplasia. World JGastroenterol. 2004; 10(11):1560.
34. Li YH, Jiang WQ, et al. Preliminarystudy on DHAP regimen for patients with relapsed and refractory non-Hodgkin'slymphoma: Ai zheng. 2002; 21(8):900.
35. Huang HQ, Zhou ZM, Li YH, et al. Preliminaryresults of Ifosfamide and Doxorubicin regimen in treatmentof patients with recurrentand metastatic nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Ai zheng.2002, 21(4):409.
36. Li YH, Rao HL,et al. Anaplasticlarge cell lymphoma—review and 20 cases report. Ai zheng. 2000; 19(9):914.
37. Li YH, He YJ, et al. Clinical trialof 5FU/CF and carboplatin combination chemotherapy in patients with advancednasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC). Ai zheng.1999; 18(3):295.
38. Li YH, Xu RH,et al. Apilot study of 5-FU circadian pharmacokinetics in patients with nasopharyngealcarcinoma .Ai zheng.1999;18(6):694.
39. Guan zz,Chen RQ,Xu GC, Li YH, et al. Gemcitabinein the treatment of advanced nonsmallcell lung cancer. Ai zheng.1999; 18(3);241.
Huang HQ, Li YH, He YJ.Preliminary result of DDP, 5 Fu and High dose Leucovorin (HDCF) Plus Interferon(INF) for the treatment of Advanced or Reccurent Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma(NPC). Ai zheng.1998; 17(6):450
Dr. Ying Liang is an Associate professor of Department of Medical Oncology, Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center. Dr. Liang obtained her MD and PhD degree at Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences in 2000 and 2009, respectively. She has been working in Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center since 2002. From 2013 to 2014, she studied at Stanford Cancer Institute, Stanford University School of Medicine. Dr. Liang’s major research interests are medical treatment and research on thoracic malignancies (non-small cell lung cancer, small cell lung cancer, thymic malignancy, malignant pleural mesothelioma, esophageal cancer, etc.), lymphoepithelioma-like carcinoma and nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Dr. Liang has authored or coauthored more than 40 peer-reviewed articles in scientific journals including Cancer, British Journal of Caner, Annals of Surgical Oncology, Lung Cancer and Clinical Lung Cancer, ect. She has participated in many international randomized control studies, SFDA approved clinical trials, investigator initiated trials and phase I trials. Dr. Liang is a member of International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC), International Thymic Malignancies Interest Group (ITMIG) Dr. Liang serves on the editorial boards of Translational Lung Cancer Research, and the invited reviewer of Journal of Thoracic Oncology, Lung Cancer, Journal of Thoracic Disease, BMC Case Report.
|Title||Associate chief nurse practitioner|
Ms. Liu Yushan currently serves as associate chief member of Internal Medicine Specialized Committee of Chinese Nursing Association and Director of Nursing of the forth district of Chemotherapy and Bone Marrow Transplantation Room. She has been engaged in chemotherapy nursing at the Chemotherapy, including chemotherapy nursing for gastroenteric tumor, head and neck cancer, lung cancer, soft tissue cancer, breast cancer, multiple myeloma. She has abundant clinical experiences in chemotherapy nursing for lymphoma and nursing for marrow transplantation. Ms Liu has been participating in formulation of nursing routines for chemotherapy and marrow transplantation of the Hospital, undertaking training for nursing students and nurses seeking further education, and participating in nursing for clinical trial of multiple anticancer drugs. She has also obtained Good Clinical Practice (GCP) Certificate and Peripheral Inserted Central Catheter (PICC) Certificate, and published several papers on nursing:
1. Application of peripheral venous catheter in hematopoietic stem cell transplantation
2. Nursing for patient with advanced colorectal cancer treated with new anticancer drug Campto
3. Study on disinfection methods of laminar flow for hematopoietic stem cell transplantation
4. Nursing risks and precautionary measures for clinical trial for new anticancer drugs
5. Health education for patients undergoing autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation
07/1983-07/1986 Graduated from Nursing major, former Affiliated Nursing School of Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences1999-04/2011 Participated in Self-taught Higher Education Examination for nursing and obtained graduation certificate of junior college
|Title||Deputy Chief Physician|
Jul 1996-Sep 2000 Yi Ji Shan Hospital, Wan nan Medical College
Jul 2003-Dec 2005 Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center
Dec 2005-Dec 2010 Attending Physician. Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center.
Dec 2010-present Associate Professor Medical Oncolgy, Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center.
Medical oncology (chemotherapy, targeted therapy) for cancer drug research and clinical work. Specializes in gastrointestinal tumors (including esophagus, stomach, colon, pancreas, liver and gallbladder cancer) and soft tissue tumors and head and neck cancer medical treatment and research.
1991-1996 Wan Nan Medical College, WuHu City, AnHuiProvince, P. R. China. Bachelor of Medicine (equivalent to US MD)
2000-2003 Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, P. R. China.Master of Medicine in Oncology
2005-2009 Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, P. R. China. Doctordegree of Medicine in Oncology
1. Zhang DS, Wang DS,Wang ZQ, Wang FH, Luo HY, Qiu MZ, Wang F, Li YH, Xu RH. Phase I/II study of albumin-bound nab-paclitaxel plus gemcitabineadministered to Chinese patients with advanced pancreatic cancer. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2013Apr;71(4):1065-72. doi: 10.1007/s00280-013-2102-4. Epub 2013 Mar 13.
2. Li S, Zhang DS (co-first author), Sun J, Li Z, Deng L, Zou B, Zhan J, Jiang W Pharmacokinetics and tolerability of human mouse chimeric anti-CD22 monoclonalantibody in Chinese patients with CD22-positive non-Hodgkin lymphoma.MAbs. 2012 Mar 1;4(2). [Epub ahead of print]
3. Qiu MZ, Zhang DS (co-firstauthor), Ruan DY, Luo HY, Wang ZQ, Zhou ZW, Wang FH, Li YH, Xu RH. A relationship between ABO blood groups and clinicopathologiccharacteristics of patients with gastric adenocarcinoma in China.Med Oncol. 2011 Dec;28 Suppl 1:S268-73.doi: 10.1007/s12032-010-9735-5. Epub 2010 Nov 4.
4. Liu TZ, Zhang DS, LiangY, Zhou NN, Gao HF, Liu KJ, Wu HY Treatment strategiesand prognostic factors of patients with primary germ cell tumors in themediastinum. JCancer Res Clin Oncol. 2011 Nov;137(11):1607-12. doi:10.1007/s00432-011-1028-7. Epub 2011 Aug 18.
5. Wang DS, ZhangDS, Qiu MZ, Wang ZQ, Luo HY, Wang FH, Li YH, Xu RH. Prognostic factors and survival in patients with neuroendocrine tumors ofthe pancreas. Tumour Biol. 2011 Aug;32(4):697-705. doi: 10.1007/s13277-011-0170-9. Epub 2011Apr 9.
6. Qiu MZ, Wang ZQ, ZhangDS, Luo HY, Zhou ZW, Wang FH, Li YH, Jiang WQ, Xu RH. Clinicopathological characteristics and prognostic analysis of gastriccancer in the young adult in China. Tumour Biol. 2011 Jun;32(3):509-14. doi:10.1007/s13277-010-0145-2. Epub 2010 Dec 23.
7. Qiu MZ, Wang ZQ, ZhangDS, Liu Q, Luo HY, Zhou ZW, Li YH, Jiang WQ, Xu RH. Comparison of 6th and 7th AJCC TNM staging classification for carcinomaof the stomach in China. Ann Surg Oncol. 2011 Jul;18(7):1869-76. doi:10.1245/s10434-010-1542-x. Epub 2011 Jan 19.
8. Qiu MZ, Cai MY, ZhangDS, Wang ZQ, Wang DS, Li YH, Xu RH. Clinicopathologicalcharacteristics and prognostic analysis of Lauren classification in gastricadenocarcinoma in China.J Transl Med. 2013 Mar 6;11:58. doi: 10.1186/1479-5876-11-58.
9. Wang F, Xu RH, Luo HY, Zhang DS, Jiang WQ, Huang HQ, Sun XF, Xia ZJ, Guan ZZ. Clinical and prognostic analysis of hepatitis B virus infection indiffuse large B-cell lymphoma. BMC Cancer. 2008 Apr 23;8:115. doi:10.1186/1471-2407-8-115.
10. ZHANG Dong-sheng; JIANG Wen-qi;LI Su; et al. Expression of Glycoprotein 90K in Non-Hodgkin sLymphoma and Its Clinical Significance .Chinese Journal of Cancer 2005;08.
11. ZHANGDong-sheng; JIANG Wen-qi; LI Su; et al. Detection of serun 90K/Mac-2BP in non-Hodgkin slymphoma and its clinical significance.Chian Oconlogy,2006；6.
|Title||Deputy Director, Professor and Doctoral Advisor|
Prof. Qingqing Cai is currently a Professor in the Department of Medical Oncology at Sun Yat-Sen University Cancer Center, Guangzhou, China. She specializes in chemotherapy of lymphoma, as well as head and neck cancer (including nasopharynx cancer). Prof. Cai was a visiting scholar at MD Anderson Cancer Center from 2013 to 2014. Prof. Cai’s primary research interests include transnational research, mainly focusing on the development of prognostic models to guide accurate treatment and clinical trials aiming to prove the efficacy and safety of novel chemotherapy regimens for lymphomas. She is now leading several clinical trials in China. During the past 5 years, Prof. Cai has published 25 SCI papers in top journals including Leukemia, Clinical Cancer Research, and others, as either the first or correspondence author, with a total impact factor of 128. Prof. Cai currently serves as Chief for Lymphoma Committee of Guangdong Medical Association, Candidate Chief for Lymphoma Committee of Guangdong Anti-Cancer Association, Deputy Chief for Youth Committee of Oncology Department of Chinese Medical Association, Deputy Chief for Lymphoma Committee of China Medicine Education Association and Beijing Cancer Prevention&Treatment Society. Also, she works as a judge of National Natural Science Foundation of China and a professional reviewer of Chinese Journal of Oncology as well as several foreign journals such as Cancer Communicantions and Drug Design, Development and Therapy.
Transnational research mainly focusing on the development of prognostic models to guide accurate treatment, and clinical trials aiming to prove the efficacy and safety of novel chemotherapy regimens for lymphomas.
Bachelor’s degree, former Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences, China, 1993-1998.
Master’s degree in Oncology, Sun Yat-Sen University, China, 2001-2004
Ph.D in Oncology, Sun Yat-Sen University, China, 2006-2009
Visiting scholar, MD Anderson Cancer Center, US, 2013-2014.
1. A gene-expression-based signature predicts survival in adults with T-cell lymphoblastic lymphoma: a multicenter study. Tian XP#; Xie D#; Huang WJ#; Ma SY#; Wang L; Liu YH; Zhang X; Huang HQ; Lin TY; Rao HL; Li M; Liu F; Zhang F; Zhong LY; Liang L; Lan XL; Li J; Liao B; Li ZH; Tang QL; Liang Q; Shao CK; Zhai QL; Cheng RF; Sun Q; Ru K; Gu X; Lin XN; Yi K; Shuang YR; Chen XD; Dong W; Sang W; Sun C; Liu H; Zhu ZG; Rao J; Guo QN; Zhou Y; Meng XL; Zhu Y; Hu CL; Jiang YR; Zhang Y; Gao HY; He WJ; Xia ZJ; Pan XY; Lan H; Li GW; Liu L; Bao HZ; Song LY; Kang TB; Cai QQ*; Leukemia, 2020.
2. A CpG methylation classifier to predict relapse in adults with T-cell lymphoblastic lymphoma. Tian XP#; Su N#; Wang L#; Huang WJ#; Liu YH; Zhang X; Huang HQ; Lin TY; Rao HL; Li M; Liu F; Zhang F; Zhong LY; Liang L; Lan XL; Li J; Liao B; Li ZH; Tang QL; Liang Q; Shao CK; Zhai QL; Cheng RF; Sun Q; Ru K; Gu X; Lin XN; Yi K; Shuang YR; Chen XD; Dong W; Sang W; Sun C; Liu H; Zhu ZG; Rao J; Guo QN; Zhou Y; Meng XL; Zhu Y; Hu CL; Jiang YR; Zhang Y; Gao HY; He WJ; Xia ZJ; Pan XY; Hai L; Li GW; Kang TB; Xie D*; Cai QQ*; Clinical Cancer Research, 2020.
3. Prognostic and predictive value of a microRNA signature in adults with T-cell lymphoblastic lymphoma. Tian XP#; Huang WJ#; Huang HQ#; Liu YH; Wang L; Zhang X; Lin TY; Rao HL; Li M; Liu F; Zhang F; Zhong LY; Liang L; Lan XL; Li J; Liao B; Li ZH; Tang QL; Liang Q; Shao CK; Zhai QL; Cheng RF; Sun Q; Ru K; Gu X; Lin XN; Yi K; Shuang YR; Chen XD; Dong W; Sang W; Sun C; Liu H; Zhu ZG; Rao J; Guo QN; Zhou Y; Meng XL; Zhu Y; Hu CL; Jiang YR; Zhang Y; Gao HY; He WJ; Xia ZJ; Wu CL; Zhang MY; Wang HY; Xie D*; Cai QQ*; Leukemia, 2019.
4. MicroRNA-374b suppresses proliferation and promotes apoptosis in T-cell lymphoblastic lymphoma by repressing AKT1 and Wnt-16. Qian D#; Chen KL#; Deng HX#; Rao HL; Huang HQ; Liao YJ; Sun XF; Lu SY; Yuan ZY; Xie D*; Cai,QQ*; Clinical Cancer Research, 2015.
5. Genomic and transcriptomic landscapes of Epstein-Barr virus in extranodal natural killer T-cell lymphoma. Peng RJ#; Han BW#; Cai QQ#; Zuo XY; Xia T; Chen JR; Feng LN; Lim JQ; Chen SW; Zeng MS; Guo YM; Li B; Xia XJ; Xia Y; Laurensia Y; Chia BKH; Huang HQ; Young KH; Lim ST*; Ong CK; Zeng YX*; Bei JX*; Leukemia, 2019.
6. NF-kappa B p50 activation associated with immune dysregulation confers poorer survival for diffuse large B-cell lymphoma patients with wild-type p53. Cai QQ#; Tu MF#; Xu-M ZJ Y#; Sun RF; Manyam GC; Xu XL; Tzankov A; His ED.; Moller MB.; Medeiros LJ; Ok CY; Young KH*; Modern Pathology, 2017.
7. Acidic Microenvironment Up-Regulates Exosomal miR-21 and miR-10bin Early-Stage Hepatocellular Carcinoma to Promote Cancer Cell Proliferation and Metastasis. Tian XP#; Wang CY#; Jin XH; Li M; Wang FW; Huang WJ; Yun JP; Xu RH*; Cai QQ*; Xie D*; Theranostics, 2019.
8. Entinostat reverses cisplatin resistance in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma via down-regulation of multidrug resistance gene 1. Huang XP#*; Li X#; Situ MY#; Huang LY#; Wang JY#; He TC; Yan QH; Xie XY; Zhang YJ; Gao YH; Li YH; Rong TH; Wang MR*; Cai QQ*; Fu JH*; Cancer Letters, 2018
Last updated: April 2020
Dr. Rou-Jun Peng is associated professor of Department of Medical Oncology, Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center. Dr. Peng obtained her Bachelor in Medicine (equivalent to MD in the US) and PhD at Sun Yat-sen University, P. R. China in 2000 and 2011, respectively. She had the collaborateive PhD student training at Karolinska Institutet, Sweden from Sep 2008 to Sep 2010, which provided her with great opportunities to explore the fields of lymphoma pathologenesis. She joined the Department of Medical Oncology at Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center (SYSUCC) as a associated Professor in Dec 2013. Dr. Peng has published more than 20 research papers. Now Dr. Peng’s clinical specialty is the treatment of breast cancer, and the research interest is in the field of breast caner biology.
|Phone||86 20 87343794|
Dr. Rou-Jun Peng is interested in the mechanism of resistance to Traustuzumab in ErbB2 overexpression breast cancer, the molecular biology of triple-negative breast cancer, the mechanism of circulating tumor cell to metastasis of breast cancer. She specialized in the treatment of breast cancer.
1995-2000:Medical College, Sun Yat-Sen University. Awarded a Bachelor degree of Medicine.
2003-2007: Sun Yat-Sen University.Awarded a Master degree of Clinical Oncology.
2007-2011: Sun Yat-SenUniversity. Awarded a PhD degree of Oncology.
2008-2010: Karolinska Institutet,Sweden. Collaborative training for PhD student.
1. de Miranda NF, Peng R, Georgiou K, Wu C,Falk Sörqvist E, Berglund M, Chen L, Gao Z, Lagerstedt K, Lisboa S, Roos F, vanWezel T, Teixeira MR, Rosenquist R, Sundström C, Enblad G, Nilsson M, Zeng Y,Kipling D, Pan-Hammarström Q. 2013. DNA repair genes are selectively mutated indiffuse large B cell lymphomas. J Exp Med 210: 1729-42. [co-first author].
2. DuL, Peng RJ, Bjorkman A, Filipe de Miranda N, Rosner C, Kotnis A, Berglund M,Liu C, Rosenquist R, Enblad G, Sundstrom C, Hojjat-Farsangi M, Rabbani H,Teixeira MR, Revy P, Durandy A, Zeng Y, Gennery AR, de Villartay JP,Pan-Hammarstrom Q. 2012. Cernunnos influences human immunoglobulin class switchrecombination and may be associated with B cell lymphomagenesis. J Exp Med 209:291-305. [co-first author].
3. Peng RJ, Huang ZF, Zhang YL, Yuan ZY, XiaY, Jiang WQ, Zeng YX, Li J. 2011. Circulating and tumor-infiltrating Foxp3(+)regulatory T cell subset in Chinese patients with extranodal NK/T celllymphoma. Int J Biol Sci 7: 1027-36.
4. Peng RJ, Wang S, Shi Y, LiuD, Teng X, Qin T, Zeng Y, Yuan Z. 2011. Patients 35 years old or younger withoperable breast cancer are more at risk for relapse and survival: aretrospective matched case-control study. Breast 20: 568-73.
5. Xia Q, Cai Y, Peng RJ, Wu G, Shi Y, JiangW. 2014. The CDK1 inhibitor RO3306 improves the response of BRCA-proﬁcientbreast cancer cells to PARP inhibition. Int J Onco 44:735-44.
6. Tan DE, Foo JN, Bei JX, Chang J, Peng RJ, Zheng X, Wei L, HuangY, Lim WY, Li J, Cui Q, Chew SH, Ebstein RP, Kuperan P, Lim ST, Tao M, Tan SH,Wong A, Wong GC, Tan SY, Ng SB, Zeng YX, Khor CC, Lin D, Seow AL, Jia WH, LiuJ. 2013. Genome-wide association study of B cell non-Hodgkin lymphomaidentifies 3q27 as a susceptibility locus in the Chinese population. Nat Genet45:804-7.
7. Qin T, Yuan Z, Peng RJ, Bai B, Shi Y, TengX, Liu D, Wang S. 2013. HER2-positive breast cancer patients receivingtrastuzumab treatment obtain prognosis comparable with that of HER2-negativebreast cancer patients. Onco Targets Ther 6:341-7.
8. Xue C, Wang X, Peng RJ, Shi Y, Qin T,Liu D, Teng X, Wang S, Zhang L, Yuan Z. 2012. Distribution, clinicopathologicfeatures and survival of breast cancer subtypes in Southern China. Cancer Sci103: 1679-83.
9. Shi YX, Xia Q, Peng RJ, Yuan ZY, Wang SS, An X, Cao Y, TanYT, Jin Y, Cai XY, Sun YL, Teng XY, Liu DG, Jiang WQ. 2012. Comparison ofclinicopathological characteristics and prognoses between bilateral andunilateral breast cancer. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 138: 705-14.
10.Shi YX, Tan YT, Yuan ZY, Wang SS, Peng RJ, AnX, Cao Y, Jin Y, Cai XY, Sun YL, Teng XY, Liu DG. 2012. Comparison of overallsurvival between the early use and delayed use of Trastuzumab therapy groups: aretrospective analysis of 128 patients with HER-2-positive advanced breastcancer. Med Oncol 29: 39-47.
11. Wang X, Wang SS, Peng RJ, Qin T, Shi YX, Teng XY,Liu DG, Chen WQ, Yuan ZY. 2012. Interaction of coping styles and psychologicalstress on anxious and depressive symptoms in chinese breast cancer patients.Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 13: 1645-9.
12. Liu DG, Wang SS, Peng RJ, Qin T, Shi YX, TengXY, Wang X, Chen WQ, Yuan ZY. 2012. Interaction of social support andpsychological stress on anxiety and depressive symptoms in breast cancerpatients. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 12: 2523-9.
13. Liu D, He J, Yuan Z, Wang S, Peng RJ, Shi Y,Teng X, Qin T. 2012. EGFR expression correlates with decreased disease-freesurvival in triple-negative breast cancer: a retrospective analysis based on atissue microarray. Med Oncol 29: 401-5.
14. He J, Peng RJ, Yuan Z, Wang S, Peng J, Lin G,Jiang X, Qin T. 2012. Prognostic value of androgen receptor expression inoperable triple-negative breast cancer: a retrospective analysis based on atissue microarray. Med Oncol 29: 406-10.
15. Liu P, Fang X, Feng Z, Guo YM, Peng RJ, LiuT, Huang Z, Feng Y, Sun X, Xiong Z, Guo X, Pang SS, Wang B, Lv X, Feng FT, LiDJ, Chen LZ, Feng QS, Huang WL, Zeng MS, Bei JX, Zhang Y, Zeng YX. 2011. Directsequencing and characterization of a clinical isolate of Epstein-Barr virusfrom nasopharyngeal carcinoma tissue by using next-generation sequencingtechnology. J Virol 85: 11291-9.
16. Gu AD, Mo HY, Xie YB, Peng RJ, Bei JX, Peng J,Li MY, Chen LZ, Feng QS, Jia WH, Zeng YX. 2008. Evaluation of a multianalyteprofiling assay and an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for serologicalexamination of Epstein-Barr virus-specific antibody responses in diagnosis ofnasopharyngeal carcinoma. Clin Vaccine Immunol 15: 1684-8.
17. Peng RJ, Sun XF, Xiang XJ, Zhen ZJ, Ling JY,Tong GL, Xia Y, Xu GC, Jiang WQ. 2009. [Efficacy and survival of 92 cases ofEwing's sarcoma family of tumor initially treated with multidisciplinarytherapy]. Ai Zheng 28: 1304-9.
18. Shi YX, Peng RJ, Lin SX, Wu QL, Lin TY, SunXF, Huang HQ, Xia ZJ, Li YH, Xu RH, Liu DG, Guan ZZ, Jiang WQ. 2007. [A survivalof 103 cases of T-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma]. Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi 46:1000-2.
19. Shi YX, Han WJ, Peng RJ., etal. Screening of RNA Intervening Targets of foxp3 Gene with FLAG Fusion Peptideand Lentivirus Vector. Journal of Sun Yat-Sen University (Medical Sciences).2007,28(6):641-644.
20. Peng RJ, Q.M. Dong, Y.X. Shi, Y. Cao,Z.M. Zhou, Z.Y. Yuan, S. Li, H. Liao, W.Q. Jiang. 2006. Correlative analysisbetween serum dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase, activity, concentration of5-fluorouracil and adverse events in the treatment of advanced gastric cancerpatients. Ai Zheng 25:1039-1043.
21. Liu, D.G., R.J. Peng, F.Y. Feng, X.H.Hu, G.D. Tang, J.P. Xiong, H.Y. Zhao, Y. Guo, and Z.Z. Guan. 2006. Randomizedcontrolled trial of two kinds of home-produced docetaxel in China for advancedbreast cancer. Ai Zheng 25:1557-1560.
22. Li, Z.G., Y.X. Shi, R.J. Peng, M.Q. Zhu, andY.Y. Wan. 2006. Blocking enhancive effect of vascular endothelial growth factoron proliferation of rhabdomyosarcoma cell line RH4 by avastin. Ai Zheng25:718-722.
23. Cao Y, Li HL, R.J. Peng, et al. Design stageI clinical trial of target, non-cytotoxic agents. Journal of Sun Yat-SenUniversity (Medical Sciences). 2006,28(4s): 44-46.
Dr. Zhong-Yu Yuan is Associate Professor of Medical Oncology of Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center. Dr. Yuan obtained his doctor's degree in Medicine at Sun Yat-sen University, P. R. China in 2003. His primary interest is breast cancer treatment, particularly in the treatment and research on triple negative breast cancer. Dr. Yuan clinical focus is on development of new approaches for prevention and treatment of breast cancer. Dr.Yuan has published more than 20 peer-reviewed journal articles and has presented her work at St.Gallen national meetings.
|Research Interest(s)||Breast Cancer|
Bachelor and Master at Anhui Medical University in 1989 and 2000, respectively. Doctor at Sun Yat-sen University in 2003.
1. He JH, Luo RZ, Cai MY, Li M, Lu JB, Yuan ZY:Decreased expression of light chain 3 (LC3) increased the risk of distantmetastasis in triple-negative breast cancer. Medical oncology 2013,30(1):468.
2. Xu J, Wu X, Zhou WH, Liu AW, Wu JB, Deng JY, Yue CF, Yang SB, WangJ, Yuan ZY et al: Aurora-a identifies early recurrence and poor prognosis andpromises a potential therapeutic target in triple negative breast cancer. PloSone 2013, 8(2):e56919.
3. Qin T, Yuan Z, Peng R, Bai B, Shi Y, Teng X, Liu D,Wang S: HER2-positive breast cancer patients receiving trastuzumab treatmentobtain prognosis comparable with that of HER2-negative breast cancer patients.OncoTargets and therapy 2013, 6:341-347.
4. Qin T, Yuan ZY, Peng RJ, Zeng YD,Shi YX, Teng XY, Liu DG, Bai B, Wang SS: Efficacy and tolerability oftoremifene and tamoxifen therapy in premenopausal patients with operable breastcancer: a retrospective analysis. Current oncology 2013, 20(4):196-204.
5. LuoRZ, Yuan ZY, Li M, Xi SY, Fu J, He J: Accumulation of p62 is associated withpoor prognosis in patients with triple-negative breast cancer. OncoTargets andtherapy 2013, 6:883-888.
6. Xue C, Wang X, Peng R, Shi Y, Qin T, Liu D, Teng X,Wang S, Zhang L, Yuan Z: Distribution, clinicopathologic features and survivalof breast cancer subtypes in Southern China. Cancer science 2012,103(9):1679-1687.
7. Wang X, Wang SS, Peng RJ, Qin T, Shi YX, Teng XY, Liu DG,Chen WQ, Yuan ZY: Interaction of coping styles and psychological stress onanxious and depressive symptoms in Chinese breast cancer patients. AsianPacific journal of cancer prevention : APJCP 2012, 13(4):1645-1649.
8. He J,Peng R, Yuan Z, Wang S, Peng J, Lin G, Jiang X, Qin T: Prognostic value ofandrogen receptor expression in operable triple-negative breast cancer: aretrospective analysis based on a tissue microarray. Medical oncology 2012,29(2):406-410.
9. Liu D, He J, Yuan Z, Wang S, Peng R, Shi Y, Teng X, Qin T:EGFR expression correlates with decreased disease-free survival intriple-negative breast cancer: a retrospective analysis based on a tissuemicroarray. Medical oncology 2012, 29(2):401-405.
10. Wang S, Shi Y, Yuan Z,Wang X, Liu D, Peng R, Teng X, Qin T, Peng J, Lin G et al: Classical CMFregimen as adjuvant chemotherapy for triple-negative breast cancer may be moreeffective compared with anthracycline or taxane-based regimens. Medicaloncology 2012, 29(2):547-553.
11. Wang F, He W, Qiu H, Wang X, Guo G, Chen X,Rong Y, Zhou F, Yin C, Yuan Z et al: Lymph Node Ratio and pN Staging ShowDifferent Superiority As Prognostic Predictors Depending on the Number of LymphNodes Dissected in Chinese Patients With Luminal A Breast Cancer. Clinicalbreast cancer 2012, 12(6):404-411.
12. Zou Z, Yuan Z, Zhang Q, Long Z, Chen J,Tang Z, Zhu Y, Chen S, Xu J, Yan M et al: Aurora kinase A inhibition-inducedautophagy triggers drug resistance in breast cancer cells. Autophagy 2012,8(12):1798-1810.
13. Shi YX, Tan YT, Yuan ZY, Wang SS, Peng RJ, An X, Cao Y, JinY, Cai XY, Sun YL et al: Comparison of overall survival between the early useand delayed use of Trastuzumab therapy groups: a retrospective analysis of 128patients with HER-2-positive advanced breast cancer. Medical oncology 2012,29(1):39-47.
14. Shi YX, Xia Q, Peng RJ, Yuan ZY, Wang SS, An X, Cao Y, Tan YT,Jin Y, Cai XY et al: Comparison of clinicopathological characteristics andprognoses between bilateral and unilateral breast cancer. Journal of cancerresearch and clinical oncology 2012, 138(4):705-714.
15. Liu DG, Wang SS, PengRJ, Qin T, Shi YX, Teng XY, Wang X, Chen WQ, Yuan ZY: Interaction of socialsupport and psychological stress on anxiety and depressive symptoms in breastcancer patients. Asian Pacific journal of cancer prevention : APJCP 2011,12(10):2523-2529.
16. Peng R, Wang S, Shi Y, Liu D, Teng X, Qin T, Zeng Y, YuanZ: Patients 35 years old or younger with operable breast cancer are more atrisk for relapse and survival: a retrospective matched case-control study.Breast 2011, 20(6):568-573.
17. Peng RJ, Huang ZF, Zhang YL, Yuan ZY, Xia Y,Jiang WQ, Zeng YX, Li J: Circulating and tumor-infiltrating Foxp3(+) regulatoryT cell subset in Chinese patients with extranodal NK/T cell lymphoma.International journal of biological sciences 2011, 7(7):1027-1036.
18. Qiu MZ,Yuan ZY, Luo HY, Ruan DY, Wang ZQ, Wang FH, Li YH, Xu RH: Impact ofpretreatment hematologic profile on survival of colorectal cancer patients.Tumour biology : the journal of the International Society for OncodevelopmentalBiology and Medicine 2010, 31(4):255-260.
19. Bai B, Yuan ZY, Liu DG, Teng XY,Wang SS: Clinical features and survival analysis of different subtypes ofpatients with breast cancer brain metastases. Chinese journal of cancer 2010,29(4):413-419.
20. Zhou FF, Xia LP, Guo GF, Wang X, Yuan ZY, Zhang B, Wang F:Changes in therapeutic strategies in Chinese male patients with breast cancer:40 years of experience in a single institute. Breast 2010, 19(6):450-455.
21.Xia LP, Zhou FF, Guo GF, Wang F, Wang X, Yuan ZY, Zhang B: Chinese femalebreast cancer patients show a better overall survival than their malecounterparts. Chinese medical journal 2010, 123(17):2347-2352.
22. Wang XX, ZhouZM, Yuan ZY, Zhang DS, Shi YX, Jiang WQ: [Efficacy of docetaxel combinedcapecitabine on metastatic breast cancer]. Chin J Cancer 2007,26(4):407-410.
23. Yuan ZY, Wang SS, Gao Y, Su ZY, Luo WB, Guan ZZ: Clinicalcharacteristics and prognosis of triple-negative breast cancer: a report of 305cases. Chin J Cancer 2008, 27(6):561-565.
|Title||Professor / Deputy Director|
2008----present Associate professor. Medical Breast Cancer Department, Cancer Center, Sun Yat-Sen University. August 2004----2007 Attending Doctor and lecturer, Medical Oncology Department, Cancer Center, Sun Yat-Sen University. Secretary of Expert Panel in Good Clinical Practice Center, Cancer Center, Sun Yat-Sen University.Secretary of medical department, Cancer Center, Sun Yat-Sen University.Secretary of Expert Panel in Medical Record Administration, Cancer Center, Sun Yat-Sen University.
2009 Chinese Journal of CancerJournal Editor
2009 Global oncology express
Honors and Awards
2006 Excellent Paper Awards, the Fourth Chinese Conference on Oncology.
1993 The Best Service Award of First hospital of Xu zhou Mineral Bureau
1992 The Third rank Scholarship of Yangzhou Medical College.
Associations and Memberships
Member of Guangdong Provincial Anticancer Association (GDACA)
Dr. Huang received her Bachelor Degree from Sun Yat-sen University in 2005 and her Doctoral Degree in oncology from Sun Yat-sen University in 2008. In 2011 Dr. Huang completed three-year residency training of medical oncology. Now she is the physician-in-charge of medical oncology. From January of 2012 she went to IOSI as a visiting scholar for six months.
1. Schedule-dependent synergistic effect of targeting mTOR/Beclin 1 mediated autophagy-dependent senescence in the combination with chemotherapy for patients of NHL. National Natural Science Funds for Distinguished Young Scholar. 2014-2016. Principal Investigator
2. Mechanism of targeting mTOR mediated autophagy-dependent senescence in lymphoma. Guangdong Natural Science Foundation. 2013-2015. Principal Investigator
|Education||Major: Medical Oncology and development of new anti-cancer drugs|
1.Huang JJ, Li YJ, Xia Y, Wang Y, WeiWX, Zhu YJ, Lin TY, Huang HQ, Jiang WQ, Li ZM. Prognostic significance of peripheral monocyte count in patients withextranodal natural killer/T-cell lymphoma. BMC Cancer. 2013 May 3;13:222.
2.Huang JJ, ZhuYJ, Xia Y, Zhao W, Lin TY, Jiang WQ, Huang HQ, Li ZM. A novel prognostic model for extranodal natural killer/T-cell lymphoma.Med Oncol. 2012Sep;29(3):2183-90.
3. Li ZM, Huang JJ, Xia Y, Sun J, Huang Y, Wang Y, Zhu YJ, Li YJ, Zhao W, Wei WX, Lin TY, Huang HQ, Jiang WQ. Blood lymphocyte-to-monocyte ratio identifies high-riskpatients in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma treated with R-CHOP. PLoS One. 2012;7(7):e41658.
4. Li ZM, Huang JJ, Xia Y, Zhu YJ, Zhao W, Wei WX, Jiang WQ, Lin TY, Huang HQ, Guan ZZ. High Ki-67 expression in diffuse large B-cell lymphomapatients with non-germinal center subtype indicates limited survival benefitfrom R-CHOP therapy. Eur J Haematol. 2012 Jun;88(6):510-7.
5. Huang JJ, Li ZM, Huang Y, Huang Y,Tian Y, He XX, Xiao J, Lin TY. Schedule-dependent inhibition of T-cell lymphoma cells by cotreatmentwith the mTOR inhibitor everolimus and anticancer drugs. Invest New Drugs. 2012 Feb;30(1):223-35.
6. Huang JJ, Zhu YJ, Lin TY, Jiang WQ,Huang HQ, Li ZM. Beclin 1 expression predicts favorable clinical outcome in patients withdiffuse large B-cell lymphoma treated with R-CHOP. Hum Pathol. 2011Oct;42(10):1459-66.
7. Zhu YJ, Huang JJ, Xia Y, Zhao W, Jiang WQ, Lin TY, Huang HQ, Li ZM. Primary mediastinal large B-cell lymphoma (PMLBCL) inChinese patients: clinical characteristics and prognostic factors.Int J Hematol. 2011 Aug;94(2):178-84.
8. Huang JJ, Jiang WQ, Lin TY, Huang Y,Xu RH, Huang HQ, Li ZM. Absolute lymphocyte count is a novel prognostic indicator in extranodalnatural killer/T-cell lymphoma, nasal type. Ann Oncol. 2011 Jan;22(1):149-55.
9. Huang JJ, Li HR, Huang Y, Jiang WQ, XuRH, Huang HQ, Lv Y, Xia ZJ, Zhu XF, Lin TY, Li ZM.Beclin 1 expression: a predictor of prognosis in patients with extranodalnatural killer T-cell lymphoma, nasal type. Autophagy. 2010 Aug;6(6):777-83.
10. Huang JJ, Cai MY, Ye S, Li ZM, HuangHQ, Lin TY. Clinical analysis of 19 cases of subcutaneous panniculitis T-celllymphoma with literature review. Ai Zheng. 2009 Oct;28(10):1093-9.
11. Huang JJ, Lin TY. mTOR signal pathway and itsinhibitors in antitumor therapy: a review. Ai Zheng. 2007 Dec;26(12):1397-403.
|Title||Professor / Vice Director|
Dr. Feng Wang is currently a professor in the Department of Medical Oncology at Sun Yat-Sen University (SYSU) Cancer Center, Guangzhou, China. She has extensive experience and expertise in the field of Gastrointestinal Medical Oncology, and has initiated or participated in many investigator initiated and NMPA approved clinical trials. She holds many academic posts, including the vice director of Youth Committee of Professional Committee of Tumor Targeted Therapy, Chinese anti-cancer association. She is also a Chairing Committee member of Chinese Society of Clinical Oncology etc. Dr. Wang has been invited to present her research results at AACR, CSCO, Nature Conference, Chinese Congress of Oncology and other international conferences. She won many awards including the Second Prize of National Science and Technology Progress Award, First Prize of Chinese Medical Science and Technology Award, the First Prize of Guangdong Province Science and Technology Progress Award, the 35 Outstanding Young Oncologists Under 35 years old Award etc. She is the Outstanding Young Talents of Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center and the New Stars of Science and Technology in Guangzhou. She presides over a number of research programs funded by National Social Science Fund, Ministry of Education and provincial government, and has participated in several international cooperation, national and provincial level projects. Dr. Wang has published over 60 peer-reviewed articles, including some in renowned journals such as JAMA Oncology, Cell Research, Annals of Oncology, EMBO Mol Med, Cancer Research, Oncogene, etc.
|Research Interest(s)||Clinical and translational research for gastrointestinal cancer.|
Sep 2008-Jun 2012
Jul 2008-Sep 2005
Sep 2000-Jul 2005
Honors & Awards
2018 First Prize of Chinese Medical Science and Technology Award
2018 First Prize of Guangdong Province Science and Technology Progress Award
2017 35 Outstanding Young Oncologists Under 35 years old
2016 New Stars of Science and Technology in Guangzhou
2014 Outstanding Young Talents of Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center
2013 Scholarship for Outstanding Oversea Students by the Chinese government
1. Wang F*, Zhao Q*, Wang YN, Jin Y, He MM, Liu ZX, Xu RH#. Evaluation of POLE and POLD1 Mutations as Biomarkers for Immunotherapy Outcomes Across Multiple Cancer Types. JAMA Oncology. (IF:22.4)
2. Wang F*#, Liu DB*, Zhao Q*, Chen G*, Liu XM, Wang YN, Su H, Qin YR, He YF, Zou QF, Liu YH, Lin YE, Liu ZX, Bei JX, Xu RH#. The genomic landscape of small cell carcinoma of the esophagus. Cell Research. (IF:17.8)
3. Wang F*, Wei XL*, Wang FH*, Xu N, Shen L, Dai GH, Yuan XL, Chen Y, Yang SJ, Shi JH, Hu XC, Lin XY, Zhang QY, Feng JF, Ba Y, Liu YP, Li W, Shu YQ, Jiang Y, Li Q, Wang JW, Wu H, Feng H, Yao S, Xu RH#. Safety, efficacy and tumor mutational burden as a biomarker of overall survival benefit in chemo-refractory gastric cancer treated with toripalimab, a PD1 antibody in phase Ib/II clinical trial NCT02915432. Annals of Oncology. (IF:14.2)
4. Ju HQ*, Zhao Q*, Wang F*, Lan P*, Wang Z, Zuo ZX, Wu QN, Fan XJ, Mo HY, Chen L, Li T, Ren C, Wan XB, Chen G, Li YH, Jia WH, Xu RH#. A circRNA signature predicts postoperative recurrence in stage II/III colon cancer. EMBO Mol Med. (IF:10.6)
5. Wu HX*, Chen YX*, Wang ZX*, Zhao Q, He MM, Wang YN, Wang F#, Xu RH#. Alteration in TET1 as potential biomarker for immune checkpoint blockade in multiple cancers. Journal for ImmunoTherapy of Cancer. (IF:8.7)
6. Wu HX*, Wang ZX*, Zhao Q, Wang F#, Xu RH#. Designing gene panels for tumor mutational burden estimation: the need to shift from 'correlation' to 'accuracy'. Journal for ImmunoTherapy of Cancer. (IF:8.7)
7. Lu YX*, Ju HQ*, Liu ZX*, Chen DL, Wang Y, Zhao Q, Wu QN, Zeng ZL, Qiu HB, Hu PS, Wang ZQ, Zhang DS, Wang F#, Xu RH#. Me1 regulates nadph homeostasis to promote gastric cancer growth and metastasis. Cancer Research. (IF:8.4)
8. Wang ZX*, Wu HX*, He MM*, Wang YN , Ding PR , Dan Xie D, Chen G#, Li YH#, Wang F#, Xu RH#. Chemotherapy with or without anti-EGFR agents in left-and right-sided metastatic colorectal cancer: an updated meta-analysis. Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network. (IF: 7.6)
9. Wang YN*, Lu YX*, Liu J*, Jin Y*, Bi HC, Zhao Q, Liu ZX, Li YQ, Hu JJ, Sheng H, Jiang YM, Zhang C, Tian F, Chen Y, Pan ZZ, Chen G, Zeng ZL, Liu KY, Ogasawara M, Yun JP, Ju HQ, Feng JX, Xie D, Gao S, Jia WH, Kopetz S, Xu RH#, Wang F#. AMPKα1 confers survival advantage of colorectal cancer cells under metabolic stress by promoting redox balance through the regulation of glutathione reductase phosphorylation. Oncogene. (IF:6.6)
10. Lu YX*, Ju HQ*, Wang F*, Chen LZ, Wu QN, Sheng H, Mo HY, Pan ZZ, Xie D, Kang TB, Chen G, Yun JP, Zeng ZL#, Xu RH#. Inhibition of the NF-κB pathway by nafamostat mesilate suppresses colorectal cancer growth and metastasis. Cancer Letters. (IF:6.5)
11. Yu HE*, Wang F*, Yu F*, Zeng ZL, Wang Y, Lu YX, Jin Y, Wang DS, Qiu MZ, Pu HY, Kang TB, Xie D, Ju HQ, Xu RH#, Luo HY#. Suppression of fumarate hydratase activity increases the efficacy of cisplatin-mediated chemotherapy in gastric cancer. Cell Death & Disease. (IF:6.0)
12. Chen ZH*, Qi JJ*, Wu QN*, Lu JH*, Liu ZX, Wang Y, Hu PS, Li T, Lin JF, Wu XY, Miao L, Zeng ZL, Xie D, Ju HQ, Xu RH#, Wang F#. Eukaryotic initiation factor 4A2 promotes experimental metastasis and oxaliplatin resistance in colorectal cancer. Journal of Experimental & Clinical Cancer Research. (IF:5.6)
13. Wei XL*, Luo HY*, Li CF, Jin Y, Zeng ZL, Ju HQ, Wu QN, Wang Y, Mao MJ, Liu WL, Jia WH, Zhang HZ, Li YH, Wang F#, Xu RH#. Hepatitis B virus infection is associated with younger median age at diagnosis and death in cancers. International Journal of Cancer. (IF:5.0)
14. He MM*, Wang F*, Jin Y*, Yuan SQ, Ren C, Luo HY, Wang ZQ, Qiu MZ, Wang ZX, Zeng ZL, Li YH, Wang FH, Zhang DS, Xu RH#. (2018), Phase II clinical trial of S‐1 plus nanoparticle albumin‐bound paclitaxel in untreated patients with metastatic gastric cancer. Cancer Science. (IF:4.8)
15. Yuan S*, Lu Y*, Yang J, Chen G, Kim S, Feng L, Ogasawara M, Hammoudi N, Lu W, Zhang H, Liu J, Colman H, Lee JS, Li XN, Xu RH#, Huang P#, Wang F#. Metabolic activation of mitochondria in glioma stem cells promotes cancer development through a reactive oxygen species-mediated mechanism. Stem Cell Research & Therapy. (IF:4.6)
16. Chen WW*, Wang F*, Chen S, Wang L, Ren C, Luo HY, Wang FH, Li YH, Zhang DS#, Xu RH#. Detailed Analysis of Prognostic Factors in Primary Esophageal Small Cell Carcinoma. Annals Thoracic Surgery. (IF:3.9)
17. Wang F*, Bai L*, Liu TS*, Yu YY, He MM, Liu KY, Luo HY, Zhang DS, Jin Y, Wang FH, Wang ZQ, Wang DS, Qiu MZ, Ren C, Li YH#, Xu RH#. Right- and left-sided colorectal cancers respond differently to cetuximab. Chinese Journal of Cancer. (IF:3.6)
18. Li ZZ*, Bai L*, Wang F*, Zhang ZC, Wang F, Zeng ZL, Zeng JB, Zhang DS, Wang FH, Wang ZQ, Li YH, Shao JY, Xu RH#. Comparison of KRAS mutation status between primary tumor and metastasis in Chinese colorectal cancer patients. Medical Oncology. (IF:3.3)
19. Chen ZH*, Qiu MZ*, Wu XY*, Wu QN, Lu JH, Zeng ZL, Wang Y, Wei XL, Wang F#, Xu RH#. Elevated baseline serum lactate dehydrogenase indicates a poor prognosis in primary duodenum adenocarcinoma patients. Journal of Cancer. (IF:3.2)
20. Wang ZX*, Yang LP*, Wu HX*, Yang DD, Ding PR, Xie D, Chen G, Li YH, Wang F#, Xu RH#. Appraisal of Prognostic Interaction between Sidedness and Mucinous Histology in Colon Cancer: A Population-Based Study Using Inverse Probability Propensity Score Weighting. Journal of Cancer. (IF:3.2)
Updated May 2020
Dr. Xia Yi is an attending physician of Medical Department of Oncology in Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center. Dr.Xia obtained her Bachelor in Medicine and MD at Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences, P. R. China in 2000 and 2009, respectively.Her research field is about clinical and basic research in medical oncology, especially in diagnosis and therapy for the lymphoma . Dr. Xia has published more than 10 research papers
|Research Interest(s)||Lymphoma, Carcinoma of Head and Neck.|
1995/09~2000/07 Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Science, Bachelor of medicine
2003/09~2009/06 Department of Medical Oncology, Cancer center of Sun Yat-sen University, Doctor of oncology
1. Serum C-reactive protein (CRP) as a simple and independent prognostic factor in extranodal natural killer/T-cell lymphoma, nasal type. PLoS One. 2013 May 28;8(5):e64158.Li YJ, Li ZM, Xia Y,et al.
2. Prognostic significance of peripheral monocyte count in patients with extranodal natural killer/T-cell lymphoma.BMC Cancer. 2013 May 3;13:222.Huang JJ, Li YJ, Xia Y, et al.
3. High Ki-67 expression in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma patients with non-germinal center subtype indicates limited survival benefit from R-CHOP therapy.Eur J Haematol. 2012 Jun;88(6):510-517.Li ZM, Huang JJ, Xia Y,et al.
4. Clinical characteristics of the patients with Hodgkin's lymphoma involving extranodal sites.PLoS One. 2012;7(7):e41658.Li ZM, Huang JJ, Xia Y, et al.
5. Blood lymphocyte-to-monocyte ratio identifies high-risk patients in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma treated with R-CHOP.Chin J Cancer. 2012 Jul;31(7):342-7.Li ZM, Zhu YJ, Xia Y,et al.
Dr. Xu Fei is the attending physician of medical oncology in Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center. She obtained her Bachelor in Medicine (equivalent to MD in the US) at Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences, P. R. China in 2000. She got clinical internship training at the First affiliated hosipital of Sun Yat-sen University in 2000 and 2001. Then she joined the Department of Medical Oncology in July 2001 and worked to present. She obtained her PHD in Oncology at Sun Yat-sen University in 2011. She studied at Department of Clinical Oncology of the Chinese University of HONG KONG as visiting scholar in 2012 and 2013. She focus on breast cancer and Head & Neck Oncology treatment and prevention.
2000 MD SUN-yat sen university of medical science, China
2011 PhD (oncology) Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center, China
1. Xu F, Li S, Li XL, Guo Y, Zou BY, Xu R,Liao H, Zhao HY, Zhang Y, Guan ZZ, Zhang L. Phase I and biodistribution studyof recombinant adenovirus vector-mediated herpes simplex virus thymidine kinasegene and ganciclovir administration in patients with head and neck cancer andother malignant tumors. Cancer Gene Ther. 2009 Sep;16(9):723-30.
2. Xie M, Zhang L, He CS, Xu F, Liu JL, Hu ZH,Zhao LP, Tian Y. Activation of Notch-1 enhances epithelial-mesenchymaltransition in gefitinib-acquired resistant lung cancer cells. J Cell Biochem.2011 Dec 15. [Epub ahead of print]
3. XuF, Tian Y, Huang Y, Zhang LL, Guo ZZ, Huang JJ, Lin TY. EGFR inhibitorssensitize non-small cell lung cancer cells to TRAIL-induced apoptosis. Chin JCancer. 2011 Oct;30(10):701-11.
4. ZhaoYY, Xue C, Hou X, Liao H, Li S, Zhao HY, Huang Y, Chen LK, Xu F, Liu JL, ZhangL. Changes of bone resorption marker (NTX) in chemotherapy plus zoledronic acidversus chemotherapy alone for nasopharyngeal cancer patients with bonemetastases. Eur J Cancer. 2011 Apr;47(6):848-53.
5. Zhang Y, Pan Z, Zhang X, Xu F, Zhang L. [K-RAS gene mutations inpatients with non-small cell lung cancer]. Zhongguo Fei Ai Za Zhi. 2010Jun;13(6):602-6. Chinese. 6. Pu XX,Deng YH, Xu F, Xiao J, Guo HQ, Huang H, Tian Y, He YJ, Lin TY.[Effect of KRASmutation on efficacy of Cetuximab combined with chemotherapy in advancedcolorectal cancer patients]. Zhonghua Wei Chang Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2009Nov;12(6):594-7. Chinese.
7. Huang H, Zhang Y, Zhao HY, Wang ZQ, Xu F,Xu GC, Zhang L, Guan ZZ. [Analysis of the efficacy and safety of gefitinib inthe treatment of recurrent advanced non-small cell lung cancer in an expandedaccess program (EAP)]. Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi. 2009 Feb;31(2):148-51.Chinese.
8. Qiu MZ, Xu F, Wang SS, Luo HY,Wang F, Li FH, Sun XF, Xu GC, Lin TY, Huang HQ, Jiang WQ, Guan ZZ, Xu RH.[Responses of 109 adult soft tissue sarcoma patients to chemotherapy]. AiZheng. 2007 Dec;26(12):1344-9. Chinese.
9. ZhangL, Zhang Y, Huang PY, Xu F, Peng PJ, Guan ZZ. Phase II clinical study ofgemcitabine in the treatment of patients with advanced nasopharyngeal carcinomaafter the failure of platinum-based chemotherapy. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol.2008 Jan;61(1):33-8.
10. Zhang Y, ZhangL, Xu F, Wang ZQ, Zhao HY, Guan ZZ, Xu GC, Pan ZK. [Efficacy of gefitinib on advanced non-smallcell lung cancer in expanded access program (EAP)]. Ai Zheng. 2006Dec;25(12):1561-4. Chinese.
11. Xu F,Zhang L, Xiang XJ, Wang ZQ, Zhou ZM, Wang SY. [High-dose induction therapyfollowed by maintenance with recombinant human erythropoietin for 30 patientswith tumor-related anemia]. Ai Zheng. 2006 Sep;25(9):1120-2. Chinese.
12. Xiang XJ, He YJ, Li YH, Huang H, Xu F.[Clinical significance of survivin expression in peripheral T-cell lymphoma].Ai Zheng. 2006 Jun;25(6):758-61. Chinese.
13. LiN, Wang B, Zhang X, Pan Z, Xu F, Wang Z, Zhang Y, Zhang L. [Tissue microarrayanalysis of HER2 protein expression in patients with non-small cell lungcancer.] Zhongguo Fei Ai Za Zhi. 2006 Feb 20;9(1):50-54. Chinese.
Dr. Miao-zhen Qiu is an attending doctor in the department of medical oncology. Dr. Qiu obtained her Bachelor and Master Degree in Medicine (equivalent to MD in the US) at Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences, P. R. China in 2006 and 2008, respectively. She is now in her second year for the PhD degree. After she graduated in 2007, she started to work in the department of medical oncology as a resident doctor (August 2008 to December 2011) and attending doctor (December 2011 till now). She is one of the members of the Chinese anti-cancer association in gastric cancer and one of the members of Chinese society of clinical oncology (CSCO).
|Research Interest(s)||Chemotherapy and target therapy of gastrointestinal cancer; Drug resistance.|
9/01-6/06 Bachelor degree, Medical Science, Sun Yat-sen University
6/06-7/08 Master degree, Medical Oncology, Sun Yat-sen University
9/12-present PhD, Oncology, Sun Yat-sen University
Professional Experience (in chronological order, earliest first)
8/08-12/11 Resident doctor, Department of medical oncology, Sun Yat-senUniversity12/11-presentAttending doctor, Department of medical oncology, Sun Yat-sen University
1. Qiu MZ, Lin JZ, Wang ZQ,Wang FH, Pan ZZ, Luo HY, Li YH, Zhou ZW, He YJ, Xu RH. Cut off value of
carcinoembryonic antigen and carbohydrate antigen 19-9 elevation levelsfor monitoring recurrence in
patients with resectable gastric adenocarcinoma. Int J Biol Markers. 2009Oct-Dec;24(4):258-64
2. Qiu MZ, Yuan ZY, Luo HY,Ruan DY, Wang ZQ, Wang FH, Li YH, Xu RH. Impact of pretreatment
hematologic profile on survival of colorectal cancer patients. TumourBiol. 2010 Aug;31(4):255-60
3. Qiu MZ, Xu RH, Ruan DY, Li ZH, Luo HY, Teng KY, Wang ZQ, Li YH,Jiang WQ. Incidence of anemia,
leukocytosis, and thrombocytosis in patients with solid tumors in China.Tumour Biol.2010 Dec;31(6):633-
4. Qiu MZ, Han B, Luo HY, Zhou ZW, Wang ZQ, Wang FH, Li YH, Xu RH.Expressions of hypoxia-inducible
factor-1α and hexokinase-II in gastric adenocarcinoma: the impact onprognosis and correlation to
clinicopathologic features. Tumour Biol. 2011 Feb;32(1):159-66.
5. Qiu MZ, Li ZH, Zhou ZW, Li YH, Wang ZQ, Wang FH, Huang P, AzizF, Wang DY, Xu RH. Detection of
Carcinoembryonic Antigen Messenger RNA in Blood using QuantitativeReal-Time Reverse Transcriptase-
Polymerase Chain Reaction to Predict Recurrence of Gastric Adenocarcinoma.J Transl Med. 2010 Oct
6. Teng KY, Qiu MZ (co-first author),Li ZH, Luo HY, Zeng ZL, Luo RZ, Zhang HZ, Wang ZQ, Li YH, Xu
RH. DNA polymeraseeta protein expression predicts treatment response andsurvival of metastatic gastric
adenocarcinoma patients treated with oxaliplatin-based chemotherapy. JTransl Med. 2010 Nov 27;8(1):126
7. Qiu MZ, Wang ZQ, Luo HY, Zhang DS, Zhou ZW, Li YH, Jiang WQ, XuRH. Prognostic analysis in nodenegative
gastric cancer patients in China. Tumour Biol. 2011 Jun;32(3):489-92.
8. Qiu MZ, Wang ZQ, Luo HY, Zhang DS, Zhou ZW, Li YH, Jiang WQ, XuRH. Clinicopathological
characteristics and prognostic analysis of gastric cancer in the youngadult in China. Tumour Biol. 2011
9. Qiu MZ, Wang ZQ, Zhang DS, Liu Q, Luo HY, Zhou ZW, Li YH, JiangWQ, Xu RH. Comparison of 6th
and 7th AJCC TNM staging classification for carcinoma of the stomach inChina. Ann Surg Oncol. 2011
Jul;18(7):1869-76. Epub 2011 Jan 19.
10. Qiu MZ, Zhang DS, Ruan DY, Luo HY, Wang ZQ, Zhou ZW, Wang FH,Li YH, Xu RH. A relationship
between ABO blood groups and clinicopathologic characteristics of patientswith gastric adenocarcinoma in
China. Med Oncol. 2011 Dec;28 Suppl 1:S268-73.
11. Li ZH, Qiu MZ (co-first author), Zeng ZL, Luo HY, Wu WJ, Wang F, WangZQ, Zhang DS, Li YH, Xu RH.
Copper-transporting P-type adenosine triphosphatase (ATP7A) is associatedwith platinum-resistance in nonsmall
cell lung cancer (NSCLC). J Transl Med. 2012 Feb 3;10(1):21.
12. Qiu MZ, Qiu HJ, Wang ZQ, Ren C, Wang DS, Zhang DS, Luo HY, LiYH, Xu RH. The tumor-log odds of
positive lymph nodes-metastasis staging system, a promising new stagingsystem for gastric cancer after d2
resection in china. PLoS One. 2012;7(2):e31736. Epub 2012 Feb 14.
13. Yin Jin, Qiu MZ(co-first author),Wang DS, Zhang DS, Ren C, Bai L, Luo HY, Wang ZQ, Wang FH, Li YH,
Xu RH. Adjuvant chemotherapy for elderly patients with gastric cancerafter d2 gastrectomy. PLoS One.
14. Qiu MZ, Cai MY, Zhang DS, et al. Clinicopathological characteristics and prognosticanalysis of Lauren
classification in gastric adenocarcinoma in China. J Transl Med 2013;11:58.
15. Wei XL, Qiu MZ (co-first author),Chen WW, et al. The status of HBV infection influences metastatic
pattern and survival in Chinese patients with pancreatic cancer. J TranslMed. 2013 Oct 8;11(1):249.
16. Qiu MZ, Li Q, Wang ZQ, et al. HER2-positive patients receivingtrastuzumab treatment have a comparable
prognosis with HER2-negative advanced gastric cancer patients: Aprospective cohort observation. Int J
Cancer. 2013 Oct 23. doi:10.1002/ijc28559.
17. Qiu MZ, Wei XL, Zhang DS,et al. Efficacy and safety of capecitabine as maintenancetreatment after firstline
chemotherapy using oxaliplatin and capecitabine in advanced gastricadenocarcinoma patients: a
prospective observation. Tumour Biol. 2014 Feb 11
18. Wei XL, Qiu MZ, Lin HX, et al. Patients with old age or proximal tumors benefit from metabolic syndrome
inearly stage gastric cancer. PLoS One. 2014 Mar 5;9(3):e89965.
Dr. Xue Hou is an attending physician in Department of Medical Oncology of Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center (SYSUCC). Dr. Hou obtained her Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine (equivalent to MD in the US) and Master’s Degree in Oncology at Sun Yat-sen University, P. R. China in 2004 and 2007, respectively. She was honored as Excellent Postgraduate Fellowship of Guangdong Province in 2007, Excellent Postgraduate Fellowship of Sun Yat-sen University in 2006, and Excellent Graduate of Sun Yat-sen University in 2004. After graduation in 2007, she worked in Lung Tumor Center of Shanghai Chest Hospital affiliated to Shanghai Jiaotong University from 2007 to 2011, and was honored as Excellent Young Talent of Shanghai Chest Hospital in 2010. She then rejoined the Department of Medical Oncology at Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center in 2011.She is now a Ph.D. candidate, and receiving training at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC) in the New York, U.S.A (the top 1 cancer center in the U.S.A). She was honored as Excellent Young Talent of SYSUCC in 2014. Dr Xue Hou is interested in the diagnosis, prognosis, and medical treatment of thoracic carcinoma, especially for lung cancer
(1) Multidisciplinary and individualized chemotherapy and targeted therapy of thoracic cancers, including lung cancer, thymic carcinoma and mediastinal cancers;
(2) Translational research of lung cancer(3) Mechanism of cancer metastasis
2014.8— present: Visiting investigator of MemorialSloan-Kettering Cancer Center (New York, USA);
2013.8— present: Ph.D Candidate at the Department of MedicalOncology, Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center;
2004.9—2007.6: Postgraduate at the Department of MedicalOncology, Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center, Master Degree;
1999.9—2004.6:Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences (Now Known as Medical College of SunYat-Sen University), Bachelor Degree of Clinical Medicine.
1. Hou X, Fu JH, Wang X,Zhang LJ, Liu QW, Luo KJ, Lin P, YangHX. Prophylactic thoracic duct ligation has unfavorable impacton overall survival in patients with resectable oesophageal cancer. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2014 May 22. pii:S0748-7983(14)00447-8. doi: 10.1016/j.ejso.2014.05.002. [Epub ahead of print]PMID:24913091
2. Hou X, Wei JC, Fu JH, Wang X, Zhang LJ, Lin P, Yang HX. Proposed Modificationof the Seventh American Joint Committee on Cancer Staging System for EsophagealSquamous Cell Carcinoma in Chinese Patients. Ann Surg Oncol. 2014;21(1):337-42.
3. Hou X, Wei JC, Wu JX, Wang X, Fu JH, Lin P, Yang HX. Multidisciplinary modalitiesachieve encouraging long-term survival in resectable limited-disease esophagealsmall cell carcinoma. PLoS One. 2013;8(7):e69259.
4. Hou X, Wei JC, Xu Y,Luo RZ, Fu JH, Zhang LJ, Lin P, Yang HX. The positive lymph node ratio predictslong-term survival in patients with operable thoracic esophageal squamous cellcarcinoma in China. Ann Surg Oncol.2013;20:1653-9
5. Wu X, Liang WH, Hou X (co-firstauthor), Lin Z, Zhao HY, Huang Y, Fang WF, Zhao YY, Wu JX, Yang YP, XueC, Hu ZH, Zhang J, Zhang JW, Ma YX, Zhou T, Qin T, Zhang L. Serum proteomicstudy on EGFR-TKIs target treatment for patients with NSCLC. OncoTargets andTher. 2013; 6: 1481-1491.
6. Wu X, Huang PY, Peng PJ, Lu LX, Han F,Wu SX, Hou X, Zhao HY, Huang Y, Fang WF, Zhao YY, Xue C, Hu ZH,Zhang J, Zhang JW, Ma YX, Liang WH, Zhao C, Zhang L. Long-term follow-up of a phase III study comparingradiotherapy with or without weekly oxaliplatin for locoregionally advancednasopharyngeal carcinoma. Ann Oncol. 2013; 24(8):2131-6.
7. Dinglin XX, Huang Y, Liu H, Zeng YD, HouX, Chen LK. Pemetrexed and cisplatin combination with concurrent wholebrain radiotherapy in patients with brain metastases of lung adenocarcinoma: asingle-arm phase II clinical trial. J Neurooncol.2013; 112(3):461-6.
8. Yang HX, HouX (co-first author), Liu QW, Zhang LJ, Liu JG, Lin P, Fu JH. Tumor locationdoes not impact long-term survival in patients with operable thoracicesophageal squamous cell carcinoma in China. Ann Thorac Surg. 2012; 93:1861-6.
9. Hou X, Li Y, Luo RZ, Fu JH, He JH, Zhang LJ, Yang HX. High expression of thetranscriptional co-activator p300 predicts poor survival in resectablenon-small cell lung cancers. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2012, 38(6): 523-30.
10. LiangY, Hou X (co-first author), Cui Q, Kang TB, Fu JH, Zhang LJ, Luo RZ, He JH, ZengYX, Yang HX.Skp2 expression unfavorably impacts survival inresectable esophageal squamous cell carcinoma.J Transl Med.2012;10:73. doi: 10.1186/1479-5876-10-73.
11. Hou X, Zhao C, Guo Y,Han F, Lu LX, Wu SX, Li S, Huang PY, Huang H, Zhang L. Different ClinicalSignificance of Pre- and Post-treatment Plasma Epsteine-Barr Virus DNA Load inNasopharyngeal Carcinoma Treated with Radiotherapy. Clinical Oncology. 2011,23(2): 128-33.
12. ZhaoYY, Xue C, Hou X, Liao H, Li S, Zhao HY, Huang Y, Chen LK, Xu F,Liu JL, Zhang L. Changes of bone resorption marker (NTX) in chemotherapy pluszoledronic acid versus chemotherapy alone for nasopharyngeal cancer patientswith bone metastases. Eur J of Cancer. 2011; 47:848-853.
13. Zhang L, Hou X (co-first author), Lu S, Rao HL, Hou JH, Luo RZ, Huang H, Zhao HY, Jian HH, Chen ZW, Liao ML, Wang X.Predictive significance of bone sialoprotein and osteopontin for bonemetastases in resected Chinese non-small-cell lung cancer patients: a large cohortretrospective study. Lung Cancer. 2010; 67(1):114-119.
14. YangHX, Hou X (co-first author), Lin P, Yang H, Zeng CG, Rong TH, FuJH. Peripheral direct adjacent lobe invasion non-small celllung cancer has a similar survival to that of parietal pleural invasion T3disease. J Thorac Oncol. 2009;4:1342-6.
15. Yang HX, Hou X (co-first author),Lin P, Rong TH, Yang H, Fu JH. Survival and risk factors of surgically treatedmediastinal invasion T4 non-small cell lung cancer. AnnThorac Surg. 2009;88:372-8.
16. YangHX, Hou X (co-first author), Lin P, Rong TH, Yang H, Fu JH.Aprognostic analysis of N0-1M0 intralobar metastatic non-small cell lung cancer.ZhonghuaYi Xue Za Zhi. 2009;89:2486-9. Chinese. PMID: 20137436
17. Yang HX, Hou X (co-first author),Lin P, Rong TH, Yang H, Fu JH.Postoperative survival comparison of non-smallcell lung cancer between disease with peripheral direct adjacent invasion andresectable T4 disease with mediastinal structures invasion. Zhonghua Yi Xue ZaZhi. 2009;89:1770-3. Chinese. PMID: 19862983
18. Hou X, Zhang L, Zhao C, Li S, LuLX, Han F, Shao JY, Huang PY. Prognostic impact of plasma Epstein-Barr virusDNA concentration on distant metastasis in Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma. ChineseJournal of Cancer. 2006; 25(7):785-792. Chinese.PMID: 16831265
1995/09-2000/07 Faculty of Clinical medicine in Guangxi Medical University, Bachelor of medicine
2004/09-2007/06 Department of Medical Oncology, Cancer center of Sun Yat-sen University, Master ofoncology
2007/07-2010/07 Department of Medical Oncology, Cancer center of Sun Yat-senUniversity, Oncology training Physician
2012.9-Present PhD candidate
1. Zeng ZL, Luo HY, Yang J, Wu WJ, Chen DL, Huang P, Xu RH. Overexpression of the circadian clock gene bmal1increases sensitivity to oxaliplatin in colorectal cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2014 Feb 15;20(4):1042-52.
2. Wang DS, Luo HY, Qiu MZ, Wang ZQ, Zhang DS, Wang FH, Li YH, Xu RH.Comparison of the prognostic values of various inflammation based factors inpatients with pancreatic cancer. Med Oncol. 2012Dec;29(5):3092-100.
3. Luo HY, Wang ZQ, Wang FH, Qiu MZ, Teng KY, RuanDY, He YJ, Li YH, Xu RH. Phase 2 study of capecitabine and irinotecancombination chemotherapy (modified XELIRI regimen) in patients with advancedgastric cancer. Am J Clin Oncol. 2011 Dec;34(6):555-60.
4. Qiu MZ, Wang ZQ, Luo HY, Zhang DS, Zhou ZW, Li YH, JiangWQ, Xu RH. Prognostic analysis in node-negative gastric cancer patients inChina.Tumour Biol. 2011 Jun;32(3):489-92.
5. Li FH, Shen L, Li ZH, Luo HY, Qiu MZ, Zhang HZ, Li YH, XuRH.Impact of KRAS mutation and PTEN expression on cetuximab-treated colorectalcancer. World J Gastroenterol. 2010 Dec 14;16(46):5881-8.
6. Qiu MZ, Han B, Luo HY, Zhou ZW, Wang ZQ, Wang FH, LiYH, Xu RH. Expressions of hypoxia-inducible factor-1α and hexokinase-II ingastric adenocarcinoma: the impact on prognosis and correlation toclinicopathologic features.Tumour Biol. 2011 Feb;32(1):159-66.
7. Luo HY, Wei W, Shi YX, Chen XQ, Li YH, Wang F, QiuMZ, Li FH, Yan SL, Zeng MS, Huang P, Xu RH.Cetuximab enhances the effect ofoxaliplatin on hypoxic gastric cancer cell lines.Oncol Rep. 2010Jun;23(6):1735-45.
8. Luo HY, Xu RH, Wang F, Qiu MZ, Li YH, Li FH, ZhouZW, Chen XQ.Phase II trial of XELOX as first-line treatment for patients withadvanced gastric cancer. Chemotherapy. 2010;56(2):94-100.
9. Li YH, Luo HY, Wang FH, Wang ZQ, Qiu MZ, Shi YX, Xiang XJ, Chen XQ, He YJ,Xu RH.Phase II study of capecitabine plus oxaliplatin (XELOX) as first-linetreatment and followed by maintenance of capecitabine in patients withmetastatic colorectal cancer.J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2010 Apr;136(4):503-10.
Dr. Yaxiong Zhang is currently an attending doctor in the Department of Medical Oncology at Sun Yat-Sen University (SYSU) Cancer Center, Guangzhou, China. He mainly focuses on basic and clinical research of lung cancer. He has published more than 50 SCI-indexed papers in JNCI, Journal of Thoracic Oncology, Molecular cancer, Journal for ImmunoTherapy of Cancer, The Oncologist, Clinical Lung Cancer and other specialty periodical. Besides, he has won IASLC APLCC-Travel Grant Award and given poster presentation in ASCO, ESMO ESMO Asia and APLCC for many times.
|Research Interest(s)||Mainly focuses on basic and clinical research of lung cancer and nasopharyngeal carcinoma and support care in cancer.|
|Education||2009-2017, Zhongshan School of Medicine, Sun Yat-sen University, M.D.|
1. Zhang Y, Chang L, Yang Y, Fang W, Guan Y, Wu A, Hong S, Zhou H, Chen G, Chen X et al: Intratumor heterogeneity comparison among different subtypes of non-small-cell lung cancer through multi-region tissue and matched ctDNA sequencing. Molecular cancer 2019, 18(1):7.
2. Zhang Y, Chang L, Yang Y, Fang W, Guan Y, Wu A, Hong S, Zhou H, Chen G, Chen X et al: The correlations of tumor mutational burden among single-region tissue, multi-region tissues and blood in non-small cell lung cancer. Journal for immunotherapy of cancer 2019, 7(1):98.
3. Zhang Y, Chang L, Fang W, Yang Y, Zhang L, Hong S, Zhou H, Guan Y, Yi X, Zhang L: Preferable background filtering for next-generation sequencing analysis in non-small cell lung cancer: pericarcinomatous tissues or peripheral blood lymphocytes? Cancer Communications (London, England) 2019, 39(1):33.
4. Zhang Z, Zhang Y, Chen G, Hong S, Yang Y, Fang W, Luo F, Chen X, Ma Y, Zhao Y et al: Olanzapine-Based Triple Regimens Versus Neurokinin-1 Receptor Antagonist-Based Triple Regimens in Preventing Chemotherapy-Induced Nausea and Vomiting Associated with Highly Emetogenic Chemotherapy: A Network Meta-Analysis. The oncologist 2018, 23(5):603-616.
5. Zhang Y, Zhou H, Zhang L: Which is the optimal immunotherapy for advanced squamous non-small-cell lung cancer in combination with chemotherapy: anti-PD-1 or anti-PD-L1? Journal for immunotherapy of cancer 2018, 6(1):135.
6. Zhang Y, Zhang Z, Huang X, Kang S, Chen G, Wu M, Miao S, Huang Y, Zhao H, Zhang L: Therapeutic Efficacy Comparison of 5 Major EGFR-TKIs in Advanced EGFR-positive Non-Small-cell Lung Cancer: A Network Meta-analysis Based on Head-to-Head Trials. Clinical lung cancer 2017, 18(5):e333-e340.
7. Zhang Y, Yang Y, Zhang Z, Fang W, Kang S, Luo Y, Sheng J, Zhan J, Hong S, Huang Y et al: Neurokinin-1 Receptor Antagonist-Based Triple Regimens in Preventing Chemotherapy-Induced Nausea and Vomiting: A Network Meta-Analysis. Journal of the National Cancer Institute 2017, 109(2).