|Title||Professor and Director|
Dr. Guo Zhu-Ming is a professor of Head and Neck tumor and the Director of the Department of Head and Neck Surgery of Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center. Dr. Guo obtained his Bachelor in Medicine (equivalent to MD in the US) and Master Degree in Medicine at Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences, P. R. China in 1983 and 1989, respectively. Dr. Guo works in Neck Surgery of Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center after graduating in 1983. Dr. Guo has published more than 50 research papers.
|Research Interest(s)||Head and Neck tumor|
Bachelor in Medicine Sun Yat-Sen University of Medical Sciences(SUMS), Guangzhou, P.R.China 1983
Master Degree in Medicine Sun Yat-Sen University of Medical Sciences(SUMS), Guangzhou, P.R.China 1989
1. Notch-1 and Ki-67 receptor as predictors for the recurrence and prognosis of Kimura's disease. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2014 Apr 15;7(5):2402-10.
2. Treatments for complications of tracheal sleeve resection for papillary thyroid carcinoma with tracheal invasion. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2014 Feb;40(2):176-81
3. Overexpression and cytoplasmic localization of Sam68 correlate with tumour progression and poor prognosis in patients with clinically N0 oral tongue cancer. Head Neck Oncol. 2012 Sep 9;4(2):61.
4. Planned neck dissection before combined chemoradiation in organ preservation protocol for N2-N3 of supraglottic or hypopharyngeal carcinoma. ORL J Otorhinolaryngol Relat Spec. 2012;74(2):64-9.
5. Survival study and treatment strategy for second primary tumors in the oral cavity in patients with nasopharyngeal carcinoma after definitive radiation. Head Neck. 2012 Nov;34(11):1551-5.
6. Submandibular salivary gland transfer for the prevention of radiation-induced xerostomia in patients with nasopharyngeal carcinoma: 5-Year outcomes. Head Neck.2011 Mar,33(3):389-95.
7. External monitoring of buried radial forearm free flaps in hypopharyngeal reconstruction. Acta Otolaryngol, 2011 Feb;131(2):204-209.
8. Invasion of the Hypoglossal Nerve by Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma of the Tongue: Case Report and Review of the Literature. Pathol Oncol Res.2011;17(4):965-8.
9. Laryngeal framework reconstruction using titanium mesh in glottic cancer after frontolateral vertical partial laryngectomy.Laryngoscope,2010 Nov;120(11):2197-202.
|Title||Professor, Deputy Director of Department of Head and Neck|
Dr. Ankui Yang has extensive experience and expertise in developing surgical treatment for Head and Neck Cancer, including the treatment for thyroid cancer, throat cancer, tongue cancer, salivary gland cancer, paranasal sinus cancer.
|Research Interest(s)||Mouth and Maxillofacial Tumors|
1981 - 1987 MB, Sun Yat-sen University1995 – 1998 MM, Sun Yat-sen University
1. Treatment and prognosis in sinonasal mucosal melanoma: A retrospective analysis of 65 patients from a single cancer center. Head Neck. 2014 May;36(5):675-81.
2. Irradiation of the recipient site does not adversely affect successful free flap transfer in the repair of head and neck defects after salvage surgery for recurrent nasopharyngeal carcinoma originally treated with radiotherapy. J PlastSurg Hand Surg. 2013;47(1):40-5.
3. Combined hyoid bone flap in laryngeal reconstruction after extensive partial laryngectomy for laryngeal cancer. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol.2013,270(4):1455-1462.
4. Anatomical study and modified incision of the infrahyoidmyocutaneous flap. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol.2013,270(2):675-80.
5. Treatment and Prognosis of Anaplastic Thyroid Carcinoma: Experience from a Single Institution in China. PLoS One. 2013;8(11):e80011.
6. High expression levels of COX-2 and P300 are associated with unfavorable survival in laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2013;270(3):1009-17.
7. Mandibular lingual release approach: an appropriate approach for total or subtotal glossectomy. Head Neck Oncol. 2013 6;5(2):11.
8. ZCCHC12, a potential molecular marker of papillary thyroid carcinoma: a preliminary study. Med Oncol (2012) 29:1409–1417.
9. Elective neck dissection in clinical stage I squamous cell carcinoma of the tongue: Does it improve regional control or survival time? Oral Oncol. 2011 Feb;47(2):136-41
10. Different therapeutic strategies in primary salivary gland-type nasopharyngeal carcinomas. Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg, 2011 Apr,19:87-91.
11. Herbal interactions with anticancer drugs: mechanistic and clinical considerations.Curr Med Chem,2010,17(16):1635-78.
12. Modulators of Multidrug Resistance Proteins in the Management of Anticancer and Antimicrobial Drug Resistance and the Treatment of Inflammatory Disease.Curr Top Med Chem,2010,10(17):1732-56.
13. Primary salivary gland type carcinoma of the nasopharynx: Therapeutic outcomes and prognostic factors.HEAD & NECK,2010,32(4):435-44.
Last updated on: August, 2014
|Title||Professor and Deputy Director|
Dr. Zhang Quan is a professor of Head and Neck Surgery Department of Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center. Dr. Zhang obtained his Bachelor in Medicine (equivalent to MD in the US) and PhD at Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences, P. R. China in 1987 and 1997, respectively. He joined the Department of Head and Neck Surgery at Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center (SYSUCC) as a resident doctor in 1987 and promoted to attending doctor in 1994. In late 2001, Dr. Zhang promoted to vice-Professor and the deputy director of the Department of Head and Neck Surgery. Since Dec. 2010, he was appointed as chief physician. Professor Zhang has been working at the diagnosis and therapy of head and neck tumors since 1987. He is especially sophisticated in treatment of laryngeal cancer with function preservation, thyroid carcinoma, tissue coagulation with microwave for oral cancer and neck dissection. Dr. Zhan has published 27 research papers since 2004 and 8 academic monographs as associate editor or a member of the editorial board.
The diagnosis and therapy of head and neck tumors, especially the treatment of laryngeal cancer with function preservation, thyroid carcinoma, tissue coagulation with microwave for oral cancer and neck dissection.
1994/9~1997/7, PhD, Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences, P. R. China
1992/9~1994/7, Master, Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences, P. R. China
1.Sentinel lymph node biopsy versus electiveneck dissection in patients with cT1-2NO oral tongue squamous cell carcinoma,Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol, 2014Feb,117(2): 186-190
2. Identificationof cervical lymph node micrometastasis of tongue cancer by color Doppler andMRI, Chinese Journal of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery,2014.49(1):39-43
3.Clinical and pathological predictors of occultlateral neck lymph node metastases in patients with papillary thyroid cancer,Chinese Journal of Clinicians(Electronic Edition), 2012,6(13):3584-3587.
4. The development and restriction factors ofmicro laser surgery for laryngeal cancer, Chinese Journal ofClinicians(Electronic Edition), 2012,2
5.Inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor of the head and neck. Med Oncol.2011,Volume 28, Supplement 1, 349-353.
6.Clinical analysis of 18 cases of malignant fibrous histiocytoma in maxillarysinuses, Chinese Journal of Clinicians(Electronic Edition), 2011,5(3):1490-1493.
7. Propranolol therapy for sever infantile head and neck hemangioma,International Journal of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery,2011,35(3):160-163.
8. LaryngealFramework Reconstruction Using Titanium Mesh in Glottic Cancer AfterFrontolateral Vertical Partial Laryngectomy. The Laryngoscope,2010Nov.120(11):2197-202
9.Prognostic factors of early tongue squamous cell carcinoma and neck treatment,Chinese Journal of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery,2010,4(12):1020-1024.
10. Neck treatment strategy for pathologically node positive tonguesquamous cell carcinoma, Chinese Journal of Otorhinolaryngology Head and NeckSurgery, 2009;44(11):921-925
11.Prognostic analysis of 138 patients with pN+tongue squamous cell carcinoma, Chinese Journal of Clinicians(Electronic Edition) 2009,3(10):39-43
12. Prognostic factors of 143 young patients with tongue squamous cellcarcinoma, the piratical journal of cancer, 2009;24:171-175
13. Prognostic factors of medullary thyroid carcinoma, Chinese Journalof Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, 2008, 43(12):939-94
14. Detection of sentinel node micrometastases and its clinicalsignificance in tongue cancer with clinically N0 neck, China Journal of Oraland Maxillofacial Surgery, 200,6(6):410-414
15. Childhood Thyroid Carcinoma: ClinicalAnalyses of 22 Cases, Chinese journal of cancer, 2008,27(3):311-314
16. Treatment and Prognosis of Stage Ⅳ Glottic Laryngeal Cancer, Chinese journal ofcancer, 2008,(1):71-74
17. Application of Helix Water Jet to Parotid Surgery, Chinese Journalof Cancer 2008.1
18.Correlation of Cervical Lymphatic Metastasis to Prognosis of Glottic Carcinoma.A Report of 333 Cases, Chinese Journal of Cancer 2007.27(10):1138-1142
19. Ezrin expression in adenoid cystic Carcinoma of salivary gland ,Chinese Journal of Cancer Prevention and Treatment 2007.14(20)1542-1544.
20. E-cadherin expression in salivary adenoid cystic carcinoma and itssignificance, Chinese Journal of Cancer 2007.26(9):1025-1028.
21. Expression and significance of Bcl-2 in thyroid carcinoma tissue,The Practical Journal of Cancer 2007.622.
22. P53 and Rb study on relationship between differentiation of thyroidpapillary carcinoma， Chinese Journal of Cancer Prevention andTreatment 2006.1223.
23.95 cases of clinical analysis on malignant Pleomorphic adenoma of salivarygland, Chinese Journal of Cancer 2006.924.
24.64 cases of large salivary gland adenoid cystic carcinoma prognostic factors,Chinese Journal of Cancer, 2006.925.
25. Application of Helix Water Jet to Parotid Surgery, Chinese Journalof Stomatology, 2006．426.
26. Clinicalanalysis of salivary gland lymphoepithelial carcinoma in 16 cases, ChineseJournal of Cancer, 2005.1127.
27.Median sternotomy approach on 12 cases with mediastinal lymph node dissectionof thyroid carcinoma, Chinese Journal of Cancer 2004.7
1. The community oncology (second edition), Science Press, 2008/8,editorial board member
2. The head and neck surgery and reconstruction, People's MedicalPublishing House, 2008/7, editorial board member
3. Seminars in oncology inThe oncology hospital affiliated to Sun Yat-sen University, ZhengzhouUniversity Press, 2006/5, editorial board member
4. Clinical oncology(national textbooks), Science Press, 2005/9, editorial board member
5. The surgical operation and skill in head and neck tumors, People'sMilitary Medical Press, 2004.9, deputy editor
6. Modern head and neckoncology, Science Press ,2004/4, editorial board member
7. The practical head and neck oncology, South China University ofTechnologyPress, 1996.9, editorial board member and manuscripts of chapters of"emergency of head and neck cancer ", "nasal cavity andparanasal sinus tumors", "pharyngeal tumors", "oralmalignant tumors", "laryngeal cancer" and so on, about 170,000words
8. Clinical oncology, SciencePress, 1999/7, editorial board member and manuscripts of chapters of"tongue cancer", "intracranial tumor" and so on, about20000 words
Last updated on: August, 2014
Dr. Song Ming is professor of the Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center. Dr. Song obtained his Bachelor in Medicine (equivalent to MD in the US) at Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences in 1996, and PhD in Oncology at Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center in 2009, respectively. In 2006, he was appointed as a postgraduate supervisor. In 2008, he was awarded as one of the Distinguished Young Doctors at Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center. He has been a standing committee member and secretary of Guangdong Provincial Anticancer Association since 2010. From 2011 to 2012, he visited MD Anderson Cancer Center, The University of Texas, USA, which provided him with great opportunities to explore the fields of tumorigenesis, tumor metastasis, and drug resistance of tumor cells. Dr. Song received scientific research funding from the National Natural Science Foundation of China, Science and Technology Program of Guangdong Province, Young Teacher Development Scheme of Sun Yat-sen University. He has published more than 20 research papers.
|Research Interest(s)||Head and neck cancer|
1996 Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences, Bachelor in Medicine (equivalent to M.D. in the US)
2009 Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center, PhD (Oncology)
1. Li H, Zhang Y, Chen SW, Li FJ, Zhuang SM,Wang LP, Zhang J, Song M*. Prognostic significance of Flotillin1expression in clinically N0 tongue squamous cell cancer. Int J Clin Exp Pathol.2014 Feb 15;7(3):996-1003. PubMed PMID: 24695539; PubMed Central PMCID:PMC3971302. (IF = 2.242)
2. Zhuang SM, Zhang GH, Chen WK, Chen SW,Wang LP, Li H, Song M*. Survival study and clinicopathologicalevaluation of trichilemmal carcinoma. Mol Clin Oncol. 2013 May;1(3):499-502.Epub 2013 Jan 30. PubMed PMID: 24649199; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3915649.
3. Wang LP, Chen SW, Zhuang SM, Li H, SongM*. Galectin-3 accelerates the progression of oral tongue squamous cellcarcinoma via a Wnt/β-catenin-dependent pathway. Pathol Oncol Res. 2013Jul;19(3):461-74. Epub 2013 Mar 22. PubMed PMID: 23519607. (IF = 1.555)
4. Song M, Li QL, Li FJ, Chen SW,Zhuang SM, Wang LP, Li H, Yang AK. Mandibular lingual release approach: anappropriate approach for total or subtotal glossectomy. Head Neck Oncol. 2013Feb 6;5(2):11. PubMed PMID: 23466789. (IF = 3.135)
5. Song M, Chen WK, Zhang Q, Chen SW,Zhuang SM, Yang AK. Irradiation of the recipient site does not adversely affectsuccessful free flap transfer in the repair of head and neck defects aftersalvage surgery for recurrent nasopharyngeal carcinoma originally treated withradiotherapy. J Plast Surg Hand Surg. 2013 Feb;47(1):40-5. PubMed PMID:23327790. (IF = 0.078)
6. Chen SW, Wang LP, Li H, Lai JL, Zhuang SM,Zhang XJ, Fan SF, Song M*. Stomatin-like protein-2 is over-expressedduring progression of clinically N0 tongue squamous cell cancer. Head NeckOncol. 2012 Oct 31;4(3):71. PubMed PMID: 23250075. (IF = 3.135)
7. Chen SW, Zhang Q, Yang AK, Li Z, Zhong Y,Li H, Zeng Y, Zhuang SM, Wang LP, Song LB, Guo ZM, Song M*.Overexpression and cytoplasmic localization of Sam68 correlate with tumourprogression and poor prognosis in patients with clinically N0 oral tonguecancer. Head Neck Oncol. 2012 Sep 9;4(2):61. PubMed PMID: 23104543. (IF =3.135)
8. Li H, Guo L, Chen SW, Zhao XH, Zhuang SM,Wang LP, Song LB, Song M*. GOLPH3 overexpression correlates with tumorprogression and poor prognosis in patients with clinically N0 oral tonguecancer. J Transl Med. 2012 Aug 20;10:168. PubMed PMID: 22905766; PubMed CentralPMCID: PMC3480894. (IF = 3.459)
9. Song M, Zhuang SM, Chen SW, ZhangQ, Yang AK, Wang LP, Guo ZM. Survival study and treatment strategy for secondprimary tumors in the oral cavity in patients with nasopharyngeal carcinomaafter definitive radiation. Head Neck. 2012 Nov;34(11):1551-5. Epub 2011 Nov23. PubMed PMID: 22109991. (IF = 2.833)
10. Sun CZ, Chen YF, Jiang YE, Hu ZD, Yang AK, SongM*. Treatment and prognosis of oral mucosal melanoma. Oral Oncol. 2012Jul;48(7):647-52. Epub 2012 Feb 19. PubMed PMID: 22349277. (IF = 2.695)
11. Chen SW, Guo ZM, Zhang Q, Yang AK, Li QL,Zhuang SM, Wang LP, Song M*. Invasion of the hypoglossal nerve byadenoid cystic carcinoma of the tongue: case report and review of theliterature. Pathol Oncol Res. 2011 Dec;17(4):965-8. Epub 2011 Jan 22. PubMedPMID: 21258885. (IF = 1.366)
12. SongM, Chen SW, Zhang Q, Yang AK, Zhuang SM, Wang LP, Chen WK, Guo ZM. Externalmonitoring of buried radial forearm free flaps in hypopharyngealreconstruction. Acta Otolaryngol. 2011 Feb;131(2):204-9. Epub 2010 Oct 29.PubMed PMID: 21034173. (IF = 1.200)
Last updated on: August, 2014
Dr. Wei-Wei LIU obtained MD and PhD at Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences, P. R. China in 1994 and 2002, respectively. He worked in Prince of Wales Hospital of Chinese University of HongKong as a visiting scholar in 2005. He visited University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center as a visiting associated professor in 2010. Clinically, he specialized in surgical treatment of head and neck cancers and reconstruction of head and neck defects using free flaps. He also performs micro-invasive surgery in head and neck cancer including endoscopic thyroidectomy. Scientifically, Dr. LIU is interested in the investigation of molecular pathways of carcinogenesis in oral squamous cell carcinoma and chemoprevention of head and neck cancers.
Molecular pathways of carcinogenesis in oral squamous cell carcinoma and chemoprevention of head and neck cancers
1989 --- 1994 Zhang Jia Kou Medical College, Bachelor degree He Bei Province，China in Medicine (MD)
1994 --- 1997 Sun Yat-sen University, Master degree Guangzhou，China In Surgical Oncology
1999 --- 2002 Sun Yat-sen University, PhD degree inGuangzhou，China Surgical Oncology
1．Wei-wei LIU, Qiu-liang WU, et al. The Clinicopathological Features, Treatment, and Prognosis of Postirradiation Osteosarcoma in Patients with Nasopharyngeal Cancer. Laryngoscope. 2005,115(9):1574.
2．Wei-wei LIU，ZENG Zong-yuan，WU Qiu-liang，et al. Overexpression of MMP-2 in Laryngeal Squamous Cell Carcinoma: A Potential Indicator for Poor Prognosis. Otolaryngol Head &Neck Surg. 2005, 132(3):395
3. Guo ZM, Wei-wei LIU (Corresponding), He JH. A retrospective cohort study of nasopharyngeal adenocarcinoma: a rare histological type of nasopharyngeal cancer. Clin Otolaryngol. 2009 Aug;34(4):322-7.
4. Wei Wei LIU, Chun Qiao LI, Zhu Ming GUO. Fluorescence identification of parathyroid glands by aminolevulinic acid hydrochloride in rats. Photomed Laser Surg. 2011, 29(9):635-8
5. Wei Wei LIU, Zhu Ming GUO, Quan ZHANG, et al. Reconstruction of soft-tissue defects of the head and neck: radial forearm flap or anterolateral thigh flap?Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2011, 268(12):1809-1912.
6. Wei Wei LIU, An Kui YANG, Yang Dian OU. The harvesting and insetting of a chimeric anterolateral thigh flap to reconstruct through and through cheek defects. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2011, 40(12):1421-1423.
7. Liu WW, Peng HW, Guo ZM, Zhang Q, Yang AK. Immediate reconstruction of maxillectomy defects using anterolateral thigh free flap in patients from a low resource region. Laryngoscope. 2012 (11):2396-401.
8. Wei Wei LIU, Zhu Ming GUO. Reconstruction of wide-apart double defect using a branch-based chimeric anterolateral thigh flap. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery-Global Open, 2014, 2(1): e96.
Last updated on: August, 2014
Dr. Hao Li has extensive experience in diagnosing, developing comprehensive treatment for head and neck cancer and repair therapy for head and neck defects after surgery.
Thyroid cancer treatment
Repair therapy for head and neck defects after surgery
2007.5 – 2007.8 Fellowship, Shanghai No.9 People’s Hospital
2001.9 – 2004.7 PhD, Sun Yat-Sen University
1995.7 – 1998.7 MM, Sun Yat-Sen University
1990.9 – 1995.7 MB, Sun Yat-Sen University
Last updated on: May, 2014