Dr. Su-Mei Cao is associate professor of the department of cancer prevention research. Dr. Cao obtained his Bachelor in Medicine in Henan Medical University and PhD at Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences, P. R. China in 1994 and 2003, respectively. Her visiting research at University of Karolinska Institutet provided her with great opportunities to explore the fields of cancer epidemiology. She devoted herself in the study of nasopharyngeal carcinoma screening in southern China since she began her study career. Besides, she conducted cancer registry and risk factors investigation for cancer.
|Research Interest(s)||cancer screening, cancer prevention , cancer risk factors|
Sep 2000—Jul 2003. PhD of Oncology. Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, P. R. China
Sep 1994—Jul 1997. Master of Oncology. Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences, Guangzhou, P. R. China
Sep 1989—Jul 1994. Bachelor in Medicine. Henan Medical University, Zhengzhou, P. R. China
1. Ji MF1, Huang QH, Yu X, Liu Z, Li X, Zhang LF, Wang P, Xie SH, Rao HL, Fang F, Guo X, Liu Q, Hong MH, Ye W, Zeng YX, Cao SM(Corresponding Author).Evaluation of plasma Epstein-Barr virus DNA load to distinguish nasopharyngeal carcinoma patients from healthy high-risk populations in Southern China.Cancer.2014 May 1;120(9):1353-60.
2. Liu Z, Ji MF, Huang QH, Fang F, Liu Q, Jia WH, Guo X, Xie SH, Chen F, Liu Y,Mo HY, Liu WL, Yu YL, Cheng WM, Yang YY, Wu BH, Wei KR, Ling W, Lin X, Lin EH, Ye W, Hong MH, Zeng YX, Cao SM(Corresponding Author). Two epstein-barr virus-related serologic antibody tests in nasopharyngeal carcinoma screening: results from the initial phase of a cluster randomized controlled trial in southern china，Am J Epidemiol，2013，1;177(3):242-50.
3. Chen F, Huang QH, Fang F, Liu ZW, Liu K, Xie SH, Liu Q, Hong MH, Liao ZE, Ye WM, Zeng YX, Cao SM(Corresponding Author). Interval cancers in nasopharyngeal carcinoma screening: comparing two screening intervals after a negative initial screening result. J Med Screen，19(4):195-200.
4. Chen F, Liu K, Huang QH, Liu ZW, Cao SM (Corresponding Author). Comparison of incidence of nasopharyngeal carcinoma in populations with different fluctuation modes of immunoglobulin A antibody levels against Epstein-Barr virus capsid antigen. Zhonghua Yu Fang Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2012 Feb;46(2):125-8. in Chinese
5. Liu Y, Huang Q, Liu W, Liu Q, Jia W, Chang E, Chen F, Liu Z, Guo X, Mo H, Chen J, Rao D, Ye W, Cao S (Corresponding Author), Hong M. Establishment of VCA and EBNA1 IgA-based combination by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay as preferred screening method for nasopharyngeal carcinoma: a two-stage design with a preliminary performance study and a mass screening in southern China. Int J Cancer. 2012 Jul15;131(2):406-16.
6. Cao SM, Liu Z, Jia WH, Huang QH, Liu Q, Guo X, Huang TB, Ye W, Hong MH. Fluctuations of Epstein-Barr Virus Serological Antibodies and Risk for Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma: A Prospective Screening Study with a 20-Year Follow-Up. PLoS One. 2011，6(4):e19100.
|Title||Professor, Doctoral Advisor|
Since his first day at work, he has been studying cancer epidemiology and related statistical analysis methods, including epidemiology and etiology of lung cancer, breast cancer, nasopharyngeal cancer and nasopharyngeal cancer, as well as optimization and evaluation of nasopharynx cancer screening program. He has worked on multivariate analysis of etiologic researches, stochastic process model for the natural history of neoplastic diseases, allocation of medical resource and other statistical methods in medical researches. He has led statistical consultation, analysis and report for clinical trial of several new drugs.
|Research Interest(s)||Cancer epidemiology and related statistical analysis methods|
1982: Graduated from Guangdong Pharmaceutical University and was conferred upon the degree of Bachelor of Medicine in Public Health.
1985: Graduated from former Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences and was conferred upon the degree of Master of Medicine in health statistics.
1996: Graduated from former Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences and was conferred upon the degree of Doctor of Medicine in Health Statistics.
1990-1991: Studied at Analytic Epidemiology Department of CIRC at Lyon, France for a year.