|Title||Chief Physician, Doctoral Advisor, Director of Department of Nuclear Medicine|
Prof. Fan Wei has been engaging himself in the clinical tumor diagnosis based on nuclide molecular imaging and nuclide targeted internal radiation therapy. He is adept at PET/CT and SPECT tumor diagnosis and nuclide internal radiation therapy for cancerous goiter, lymphadenoma, prostatic carcinoma, bone metastases and angeioma. He has undertaken and involved in over ten scientific research programs of National Natural Science Foundation of China and Guangdong Natural Science Foundation.
(1) Nuclide targeted therapy for tumors (radioimmunotherapy, radio-receptor therapy and gene-radiotherapy) and radionuclide dosimetry;
(2) PET/CT and SPECT/CT tumor diagnosis.
He has published more than 50 papers in the following aspects:
(1) A series of researches on 153Sm-EDTMP and 89Sr therapies for bone metastases;
(2) Researches on SPECT evaluation of the functions of visceral organs;
(3) Researches on radionuclide dose calculation;
(4) Application of molecular imaging to tumor treatment;
(5) Researches on tumor-induced sentinel lymph nodes, such as breast cancer sentinel lymph nodes.
Updated by International Office, Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center