|Title||Director, Chief physician and Chief for Department of Endoscopy and Laser|
Dr. Xu Guoliang specializes in the early diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal tract cancer as well as the endoscopic palliative treatment of advanced gastrointestinal tract cancer and respiratory tract tumor. He is proficient in conventional gastroscopy, duodenoscopy, colonoscopy, enteroscopy, choledochoscopy, bronchoscope, laryngendoscope and endoscopic ultrasonography. He can skillfully perform multiple endoscopic treatments, such as esophageal variceal ligation/sclerosing agent injection, esophageal stricture and achalasia bougie/balloon dilatation, ERCP/endoscopic sphincterotomy for lithotomy, electrohydrautic lithotripsy, stent implantation in biliary/pancreiatic duct, stent implantation in oesophagus, polypectomy, endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR), endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD), endoscopic reduction of intussusception, cryotherapy for various advanced intracavitary tumors, photodynamic therapy, radiofrequency therapy, seed implantation for pancreatic tumor and radiofrequency ablation therapy, etc.
07/1990-05/1999: Department of Digestive System Treatment, Nanfang Hospital of the First Military Medical University (the present Southern Medical University);
05/1999-present: Department of Endoscopy and Laser, Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center;
10/1999-present: Chief for Department of Endoscopy and Laser.
09/1979-07/1984: Bachelor of Medicine, Hengyang Medical College;
09/1987-07/1990: Master’s Degree in Internal Medicine (Digestive Disease Medicine), Nanfang Hospital of the First Military Medical University;
2003: Advanced studies in endoscopic ultrasonography, Kyoto Second Red Cross Hospital, Japan.
1. Expression of Rac-1 related to tumor depth, lymph node metastasis and patient prognosis in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Med Oncol. 2013;30(4):689.
|Title||Deputy Director and Associate Professor|
Dr. Jian-Jun Li is associate professor of Endoscopy and laser, Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center. Dr. Qian obtained his Bachelor in Medicine (equivalent to MD in the US) Medical Master and PhD at Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences/ Sun Yat-sen University, P. R. China in 1996, 2004 and 2011, respectively. Dr Li was a senior research scholar in University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center from Sep. 2012 to Sep. 2013. Dr. Li dedicates in endoscopy of digestive and respiratory disease especially in EUS or EBUS. Dr. Li had published two articles in the two highest ranking journals of Endoscopy (GIE and Endoscopy) about his work on EUS staging in early esophageal cancer preoperatively. In recent years, Dr. Li also focused on endoscopic screening in early cancer detection.
09/1991–07/1996 M.D. Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences, Guangzhou, China;
09/2001–07/2004 MS. Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China
09/2006–12/2011 Ph.D. Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China
11/2012-11/2013 Visiting Research Scholar in Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
1. He LJ, Shan HB, Luo GY, Li Y, Zhang R, Gao XY, Wang GB, Lin SY, Xu GL and Li JJ (Corresponding A uthor). Endoscopic ultrasonography for staging of T1a and T1b esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. World J Gastroenterol 2014 February 07. 20 (5): 1340-1347. (SCI IF:2.4)
2. Li JJ, He LJ, Shan HB, Wang TD, Xiong H, Chen LM, Xu GL, Li XH, Huang XX, Luo GY, Li Y, Zhang R. Superficial esophageal lesions detected by endoscopic ultrasound enhanced with submucosal edema. World J Gastroenterol. 2013 Dec 21; 19 (47): 9034- 42. (SCI IF:2.4)
3. Li JJ, Shan HB, Gu MF, He L, He LJ, Chen LM, Luo GY, Xu GL. Endoscopic ultrasound combined with submucosal saline injection for differentiation of T1a and T1b esophageal squamous carcinoma: a novel technique. Endoscopy 2013; 45(8): 667-70 (SCI IF5.8)
4. Li JJ, Shan HB, Xu GL, He LJ, Xia JC. Submucosal saline solution injection combined with endosonography for distinguishing between stages T1a and T1b of early esophageal cancer. Gastrointest Endosc. 2013 Jan; 77(1):159-60. (SCI IF:5.2)
5. Li JJ, Pan K, Gu MF, Chen MS, Zhao JJ, Wang H, Liang XT, Sun JC, Xia JC.Prognostic value of soluble MICA levels in the serum of patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma. Chin J Cancer. 2013 Mar; 32(3):141-8.
6. Gu MF, Liu LZ, He LJ, Yuan WX, Zhang R, Luo GY, Xu GL, Zhang HM, Yan CX, Li JJ (Corresponding Author). Sequential chemoradiotherapy with gemcitabine and cisplatin for locoregionally advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Int J Cancer. 2013 Jan 1;132(1):215-23. (SCI IF:6.1)
7. Li JJ, Gu MF, Pan K, Liu LZ, Zhang H, Shen WX, Xia JC. Autologous cytokine-induced killer cell transfusion in combination with Gemcitabine plus Cisplatin regimen chemotherapy for metastatic nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Journal of Immunotherapy. 2012; 35 (2):189-195. ISSN: 1524 -9557 (SCI IF:3.4)
Last updated on: July, 2014
|Title||Associate chief physician, advisor of master’s degree student|
Dr. Zhang Rong is mainly engaged in the endoscopic diagnosis and treatment of tumor and has abundant experience in the following aspects: EUS tumor diagnosis and EUS-guided interventional diagnosis & treatment; early diagnosis of general tumors and especially gastrointestinal tract cancer; endoscopic treatment of early cancer, precancerous lesions and benign tumors (loop ligature, EMR, ESD, etc.); endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle aspiration (EBUS-TBNA) biopsy; endoscopic palliative treatment of advanced gastrointestinal tract cancer and respiratory tract tumor (including stent implantation, local drug injections, local implantation chemotherapy & radiotherapy seeds, EUS-guided neurolytic celiac plexus block, photodynamic therapy for tumor); combination therapy and biotherapy for tumors.
She has presided over two projects of Guangdong provincial scientific research. As the main participant, she involved in two programs of National Natural Science Foundation of China, one program of Guangdong Natural Science Foundation, the National Type 1.1 New Drugs “Photocyanine Injection Phase-I Clinical Trial” (photodynamic therapy for tumor) and the National Type 1.1 New Drugs “Toluenesulfonamide Injection Phase-III Clinical Trial”. She has published 11 papers adopted in SCI and on core domestic journals as the first author since 2009.
Dr. Shi-Yong Lin is an attending physician of Endoscopy and Laser at Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center. Dr. Lin obtained his Bachelor in Medicine (equivalent to MD in the US) at Binzhou Medical college and Master in Gastroenterology at Southern Medical University, P. R. China in 2005 and 2008, respectively. He now works as an endoscopist and has mastered many endoscopic skills, such as gastroscopy, colonoscopy, bronchoscopy, EMR, ESD, ESTD, EUS, EUS-FNA, EUS-FNI, etc. He will begin to receive doctor education in Gastroenterology at Southern Medical University in Sep. 2014.
|Research Interest(s)||Endoscopic diagnosis and therapy for early & advanced GI tract tumor.|
2000.9-2005.7, Binzhou Medical college, Bachelor in Medicine.
2005.9-2008.7, Southern Medical University, Master in Gastroenterology.
2011.7.21-2011.7.23, The Prince of Wales Hospital of CUHK, The 4th endoscopic techniques and ESD workshop
2013.5.23-2013.5.24, The Prince of Wales Hospital of CUHK, The 3rd diagnostic and therapeutic EUS workshop
1. Lin S, Luo G, Gao X, et al. Application of endoscopic sonography in preoperative staging of rectal cancer: six-year experience. J Ultrasound Med, 2011, 30(8): 1051-7.
2. Wang J, Wang X, Lin S, et al. Identification of kininogen-1 as a serum biomarker for the early detection of advanced colorectal adenoma and colorectal cancer. PLoS One. 2013, 23; 8 (7): e70519.
Last updated on: August, 2014