|Title||Deputy Director, Chief physician and advisor of master’s degree students|
Prof. Chen has been engaged in medical treatment, scientific research and teaching in the Department of Abdominal Surgery at Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center since 1992. Through the 20 years of medical practices, he has mastered the fundamental theories of oncology and basic surgical techniques and accumulated rich clinical experience in diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal tumor. Especially he has been well experienced in lymph node dissection for various radical surgeries of gastric cancer, the digestive tract reconstruction after radical full-stomach & proximal gastrectomy for gastric carcinoma as well as laparoscopic D2 radical gastrectomy for gastric carcinoma.
1997-2004: Attending physician, Department of Abdominal Surgery at Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center;
2004-2011: Associate chief physician, Department of Abdominal Surgery at Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center;
2011-present: Chief physician, Department of Gastric and Pancreatic Surgery at Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center.
1986-1992: Undergraduate, Department of Medicine at Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences;
1996-1999: Master’s degree student of Oncology at Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences;
2010: Advanced studies in Melanoma Institute Australia, Sydney.
1. Comparison of transthoracic and transabdominal surgical approaches for the treatment of adenocarcinoma of the cardia，Chinese journal of cancer，2010，29（8）
2．No Survival Benefit From Postoperative Adjuvant Chemotherapy After D2 Radical Resection for the Patients With Stage II Gastric Cancer， American Journal of Clinical Oncology，2011，
3．Mast cells in the adjacent normal colon mucosa rather than those in the invasive margin are related to the progression of colon cancer ，Chinese Journal of Cancer Research，2011,23(4)
4．Decreased expression of Beclin 1 correlates with a metastatic phenotypic feature and adverse prognosis of gastric carcinoma, Journal of Surgical Oncology, 2011
5. Serosa-penetration in human T4aN0M0 gastric carcinoma correlates with worse prognosis after D2 gastrectomy，Chinese Medical Journal，2012
6. Eficacy and safety of XELOX and FOLFOX6 adjuvant chemotherapy following radical total gastrectomy, Oncology Letters，2012
|Title||Associate Chief Physician|
Dr. Xiao-Wei Sun is associate senior doctor of gastric & pancreatic carcinoma. Dr. Sun obtained his Bachelor in Medicine and Master Degree in Oncology at Sun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences, P. R. China in 1991 and 2002, respectively. As a clinical surgeon, He is responsible for abdominal cancer, such as stomach cancer, pancreatic cancer, colorectal cancer and soft tissue carcinoma. His main work is operation, outpatient service, research and teaching. Dr. Sun has published more than 20 research papers and participated in 3 monographs. He also get research funds 5, and cultivated 2 graduate students.
Comprehensive treatment of advanced gastric cancer and clinical and basic study on the gastrointestinal stromal tumors
1999.9-2002.7 Sun Yat-Sen University and Cancer Center
Clinical Oncology Tutor: Zhan You Qing
Major in investigating synthesis therapy for abdominal carcinoma.
Learn basic theory, knowledge and laboratorial skill of Medicine, receive training related to scientific research etc.
Curricular: Clinical Oncology, Pathology, Anatomy, Statistics, English, Literature Searches, Computer and so on.
1. Comparison of the 6th and 7th Editions of the UICC TNM Staging System for Gastric Cancer: Results of a Chinese Single-Institution Study of 1,503 Patients. Ann Surg Oncol, 2011,18:1060-1067.
2. Prognosis of 980 patients with gastric cancer after surgical resection. Chin J Cancer. 2010 Nov; 29(11):923-303. Prognostic values of chromosome 18q microsatellite alterations in stage II colonic carcinoma. World J Gastroenterol. 2010 December 21; 16(47): 6026–6034.
|Title||Associate Chief Physician, Master's Supervisor|
Dr. Liang is an Associate Chief Physician in the Department of Gastric Surgery at SYSUCC. He specializes in gastric cancer and soft tissue sarcoma. He graduated from Eight-year program of clinical medicine of Xiangya Medical College and obtained M.D. degree in 2013. He serves as a Committee member in multiple academic associations (e.g. Chinese Society of Clinical Oncology, Guangdong Medical Association). He won “the championship of the Case Speech Contest in China (2019 CSCO)”. Dr.Liang has undertaken different research grants including the Youth Program of National Natural Science Foundation of China. He has published more than 10 SCI papers as first author or corresponding author.
Clinical Research: 1) Diagnosis and Treatment of early and advanced gastric cancer; 2) Laparoscopic Surgery of gastric cancer.
Basic and Translational Research: 1) Mechanism of the growth and metastasis of soft tissue sarcoma and melanoma; 2) Targeted therapy of soft tissue sarcoma.
M.D. Eight-year Program of Clinical Medicine, Xiangya Medical College, Central South University
1. The prognostic role of the preoperative systemic immune-inflammation index and high-sensitivity modified Glasgow prognostic score in patients after radical operation for soft tissue sarcoma, European Journal of Surgical Oncology. Tao Hou, Tianhui Guo, Runcong Nie, Dongchun Hong, Zhiwei Zhou, Xing Zhang, Yao Liang. European Journal of Surgical Oncology 2020
2. Elevated Controlling Nutritional Status (CONUT) Score is Associated with Poor Long-term Survival in Patients with Low-grade Soft-tissue Sarcomas Treated with Surgical Resection. Liang Y, Hou T, Que Y, Zhao B, Xiao W, Zhang X, Zhou Z. Clin Orthop Relat Res 2019
3. LAG-3 expression on tumor-infiltrating T cells in soft tissue sarcoma correlates with poor survival. Que Y, Fang Z, Guan Y, Xiao W, Xu B, Zhao J, Chen H, Zhang X, Zeng M, Liang Y, Zhang X. Cancer Biol Med 2019
4. Comparison of the MAID (AI) and CAV/IE regimens with the predictive value of cyclic AMP-responsive element-binding protein 3 like protein 1 (CREB3L1) in palliative chemotherapy for advanced soft-tissue sarcoma patients. Xiao W, Liang Y, Que Y, Li J, Peng R, Xu B, Wen X, Zhao J, Guan Y, Zhang X. J Cancer 2019
5. Prognostic value of the fibrinogen/albumin ratio (FAR) in patients with operable soft tissue sarcoma. Liang Y, Wang W, Que Y, Guan Y, Xiao W, Fang C, Zhang X, Zhou Z. BMC cancer 2018
6. Combined Use of the Neutrophil-Lymphocyte and Platelet-Lymphocyte Ratios as a Prognostic Predictor in Patients with Operable Soft Tissue Sarcoma. Liang Y, Wang W, Li J, Guan Y, Que Y, Xiao W, Zhang X, Zhou Z. Journal of Cancer 2018
7. Treatment-related adverse effects with pazopanib, sorafenib and sunitinib in patients with advanced soft tissue sarcoma: a pooled analysis. Que Y, Liang Y, Zhao J, Ding Y, Peng R, Guan Y, Zhang X. Cancer Manag Res 2018
8. Prognostic value of combined preoperative prognostic nutritional index and body mass index in HCC after hepatectomy. Ji F, Liang Y, Fu S, Chen D, Cai X, Li S, Peng B, Liang L, Hua Y. HPB 2017
9. A novel and accurate predictor of survival for patients with hepatocellular carcinoma after surgical resection: the neutrophil to lymphocyte ratio (NLR) combined with the aspartate aminotransferase/platelet count ratio index (APRI). Ji F, Liang Y, Fu SJ, Guo ZY, Shu M, Shen SL, Li SQ, Peng BG, Liang LJ, Hua YP. BMC cancer 2016
10. Research progress of Epstein-Barr virus-associated gastric carcinoma Liang Y, Zhou ZW. Zhonghua Wei Chang Wai Ke Za Zhi 2016
Updated June 2020 by International Office, Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center