- Name: Hong Yang
- Title: Professor,Vice Director Guangdong Esophageal Cancer Institute, Guangdong Guangdong Outstanding Youth Medical Talent
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Professor Hong Yang has been engaged in clinical work and medical oncology research for more than 15 years. He has made substantial contributions in the field of esophageal and lung cancers, in regards to diagnosis and comprehensive therapy of cancer, minimally invasive endoscopic surgery, and systematic lymph node dissection. He has presided over many studies such as the National Natural Science Foundation of China and the Science and Technology Program of Guangdong Province with total funding of more than 8 million. Moreover, He has published more than20 peer-reviewed papers (including 10 papers with an IF score of >10) in top international journals such as the Journal of Clinical Oncology and Annal of Oncology as the corresponding author or first author. He was the first one worldwide reported the diagnosis value of intraoperative ultrasound to recurrent laryngeal nerve lymph nodes in esophageal cancer. The result of NEOCRTEC5010 established the status of “neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy plus surgery" treatment mode for locally advanced esophageal squamous carcinoma at home and abroad.
Esophageal and lung cancers, including diagnosis and comprehensive therapy of cancer, minimally invasive endoscopic surgery, systematic lymph node dissection, neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy plus surgery for locally advanced esophageal cancer, and neoadjuvant therapy plus surgery for advanced cancer.
Surgical Trainee in Department of General Surgery, Department of Thoracic Surgery, Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center, China, 2006-2009
Attending Doctor in Department of Thoracic and Upper GI Surgery, Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center, China, 2009-2014
Associate Professor in Department of Thoracic and Upper GI Surgery, Oesophageal Cancer Research Institute, Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center, China, 2014-2021
Fellow in Department of Minimally Invasive Thoracic Surgery (Hong Kong Talent Project), Prince of Wales Hospital, Hong Kong, 2019-2020
Professor in Department of Thoracic and Upper GI Surgery, Oesophageal Cancer Research Institute, Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center, China, 2021-present
1. Jianye Yuan#, Zelin Weng#, Zihui Tan#, Kongjia Luo#, Jian Zhong, Xiuying Xie a,c Chunhua Qu, Xiaodan Lin Hong Yang*, Jing Wen*, Jianhua Fu*.Th1-involved immune infiltrates improve neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy response of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer Letters.553 (2023) 215959.
2. Zihang Mai#, Jianye Yuan#, Hong Yang#, Shuogui Fang#, Xiuying Xie, Xinye Wang, Jiaxin Xie, Jing Wen*, Jianhua Fu*. Inactivation of Hippo pathway characterizes a poor-prognosis subtype of esophageal cancer. JCI Insight. 2022;7(16): e155218 IF:9.496
3. Jing Wen*, Shuogui Fang#, Yi Hu#, Mian Xi#, Zelin Weng, Chuqing Pan, Kongjia Luo, Yihong Ling, Renchun Lai, Xiuying Xie, Xiaodan Lin, Ting Lin, Jiyang Chen, Qianwen Liu*, Jianhua Fu*, and Hong Yang*. Impacts of neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy on the immune landscape of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. EBioMedicine .2022;86: 104371.
4. Hong Yang#, MD; Hui Liu#, MD; Yuping Chen#, MD; Chengchu Zhu#, MD; Wentao Fang#, MD; Zhentao Yu#, MD; Weimin Mao#, MD; Jiaqing Xiang#, MD; Yongtao Han#, MD; Zhijian Chen#, MD; Haihua Yang#, MD; Jiaming Wang#, MD; Qingsong Pang#, MD; Xiao Zheng#, MD;Huanjun Yang#, MD; Tao Li#, MD; Xu Zhang, MD; Qun Li, MD; Geng Wang, MD; Baofu Chen, MD; Teng Mao, MD; Min Kong, MD;Xufeng Guo, MD; Ting Lin, MD; Mengzhong Liu, MD; Jianhua Fu, MD, PhD Long-term Efficacy of Neoadjuvant Chemoradiotherapy Plus Surgery for the Treatment of Locally Advanced Esophageal Squamous Cell Carcinoma. JAMA Surgery., 2021,156(08): 721-729.IF: 16.681
5. Xufeng Guo #, Zhexin Wang#; Hong Yang#, Teng Mao#, Yuping Chen, Chengchu Zhu, Zhentao Yu, Yongtao Han, Weimin Mao, Jiaqing Xiang, Zhijian Chen, Hui Liu, Haihua Yang,Jiaming Wang, Qingsong Pang, Xiao Zheng , Huanjun Yang, Tao Li, Xu Zhang, Qun Li, Geng Wang, Ting Lin, Mengzhong Liu, Jianhua Fu*, Wentao Fang*. Impact of Lymph Node Dissection on Survival after Neoadjuvant Chemoradiotherapy for Locally Advanced Esophageal Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Annals of Surgery. February 10, 2021 - Volume - Issue -
6. Shiliang Liu#, Jing Wen#, Hong Yang#, Qiaoqiao Li#, Yuping Chen, Chengchu Zhu, Wentao Fang, Zhentao Yu, Weimin Mao, Jiaqing Xiang, Yongtao Han, Lei Zhao, Hui Liu, Yonghong Hu, Mengzhong Liu, Jianhua Fu*, Mian Xi*. Recurrence patterns after neoadjuvant chemoradiotherapy compared with surgery alone in oesophageal squamous cell carcinoma: results from the multicenter phase III trial NEOCRTEC5010.European Journal of Cancer(0959-8049) 138 (2020) 113-121.
7. Hong Yang#, Hui Liu#, Yuping Chen#, Chengchu Zhu#, Wentao Fang#, Zhentao Yu#, Weimin Mao#, Jiaqing Xiang#,Yongtao Han#, Zhijian Chen#, Haihua Yang#, Jiaming Wang#, Qingsong Pang#, Xiao Zheng#, Huanjun Yang#, Tao Li#,Florian Lordick, Xavier Benoit D’Journo, Robert J. Cerfolio, Robert J. Korst, Nuria M. Novoa, Scott J. Swanson,Alessandro Brunelli, Mahmoud Ismail, Hiran C. Fernando, Xu Zhang, Qun Li, Geng Wang, Baofu Chen, TengMao, Min Kong, Xufeng Guo, Ting Lin, Mengzhong Liu, Jianhua Fu, Neoadjuvant Chemoradiotherapy Followed by Surgery Versus Surgery Alone for Locally Advanced Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Esophagus (NEOCRTEC5010): A Phase III Multicenter, Randomized, Open-Label Clinical Trial. J Clin Oncol. 2018 Sep;36 (27): 2796-2803.
8. Li L#, Li JC#, Yang H#, Zhang X, Liu LL, Li Y, Zeng TT, Zhu YH, Li XD, Li Y, Xie D, Fu L, Guan XY*Expansion of cancer stem cell pool initiates lung cancer recurrence before angiogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA.2018Sep;115(38):E8948-E8957.
9. Yang YF#, Zhang MF#, Tian QH#, Fu J, Yang X, Zhang CZ*, Yang H*. SPAG5 interacts with CEP55 and exerts oncogenic activities via PI3K/AKT pathway in hepatocellular carcinoma. Mol Cancer.2018 Aug;17(1):117.
10. Wen J#, Yang H#, Liu MZ#, Luo KJ, Liu H, Hu Y, Zhang X, Lai RC, Lin T, Wang HY, Fu JH*.Gene expression analysis of pretreatment biopsies predicts the pathological response of esophageal squamous cell carcinomas to neo-chemoradiotherapy. Ann Oncol.2014;25（9）:1769~1774.
Updated by International Office, Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center