Principal Investigator (PI) Recruitment
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China (SKL-OSC)
Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center (SYSUCC)
Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center (SYSUCC) are looking for Principal Investigators.
Job title: Principal Investigator (PI)
Job type: Full-time
Location: Guangzhou, China
Salary: Internationally competitive salary
• PhD degree in Science or Medicine
• Postdoctoral research experience in cancer biology, cancer prevention, big data, bioinformatics, molecular imaging, biological materials or anti-cancer drug development.
• Internationally competitive salary
• Generous start-up funding and a stimulating research environment
• Access to state-of-the-art research facilities and rich clinical resources, including one of Asia's biggest automatic tumor bio-bank retrieval systems, bioinformatics center, and other supportive research platforms for tumor metabolome, structural biology, molecular imaging, high-throughput sequencing and animal models
• Freedom to conduct highly creative research to make fundamental breakthrough discoveries
• Principal Investigators will be part of Sun Yat-sen University’s (SYSU) teaching faculty and have the benefits of a full professor, including tenure-track, housing, and children’s access to SYSU affiliated schools
Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center is a modern medical service provider among the top three cancer centers in China. The Yuexiu campus located in the center of the Guangzhou’s metropolis has 1,542 ward beds and an outstanding research department that hosts the State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China (SKL-OSC). As one of the three national institutions of cancer research in China, the SKL-OSC focuses on basic and clinical scientific questions to advance the diagnosis and treatment of human cancers. The SKL-OSC currently has a 10,000-square-meter research area and 53 independent Principal Investigators (PIs). With a new Huangpu Campus that will operate at the end of 2019, the number of ward beds will increase to 2,142 and the laboratory research space to 22,000 square meters. The SKL-OSC are now looking for new PIs.
SYSUCC's Nature Index for 2018 ranked #3 among Chinese hospitals. SYSUCC has also won Best Employer among Chinese Medical Institutions four times (2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017).
How to apply:
Prospective applicants should send a CV, statement of research interests, future work plan, and at least three recommendation letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org before May 30, 2019.
Sun Yat-sen University Cancer Center
February 12, 2019